The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which common Supra mods are not for you?

Dave_SZ-R

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They do feck all IMO.

Mine (TRD front) makes a significant difference and the difference is most noticeable on rough uneven surfaces at low speeds...typically when the road surface means the ride is quite "sharp or jarring". I had it off for about four months and when I refitted it a month ago the difference was immediately apparent. :shrug:

I have talked to 2 other single turbo owners who have said the same. Cars like JamieP's show what can be done with a good amount of money and a lot of patience.

I'm not saying they are unreliable, but the complex nature of the ECUs that go with them mean they take a bit of setting up and a lot of gauges to keep an eye on.

I like my Supra to be simple, stock turbos with stock ECU, boost gauge or good boost controller and RLTC to keep it on the road.

I dont hate single turbo cars, I just wouldnt go that route again.

I see where you are coming from.

Can't find the pic but imagine a Supra with THE worst fitting fake carbon full body kit. We're talking 20mm panel gaps :D. Then add a lovely blue bov sticking out from the driver side air vent. :D Utterly horrid. :)

Thats sounds unbelievably bad. Anyone else have links/ pics of this monstrosity?

if we all did the same things to our cars ,how boring would that be ,if you want a veilside kit do it ,if you want graphics do it ,if you want an FMIC outside your bumper:taped:

i havent got any hates ,btw i love my devil supra badge

I dislike removing airbags to fit crap steering wheels.

Had a MOMO Formula wheel fitted to my SZ-R when I bought it, and always thought Id rather have a stock wheel that wouldnt impale my face in a crash.

Having been saved from injury by an airbag before, I can testify that you really want one, and certainly should never remove it unless you have proper harnesses etc.

Or live fast and die young, which is timelessly cool. :)

Had a MOMO Formula wheel fitted to my SZ-R when I bought it, and always thought Id rather have a stock wheel that wouldnt impale my face in a crash.

Having been saved from injury by an airbag before, I can testify that you really want one, and certainly should never remove it unless you have proper harnesses etc.

Or live fast and die young, which is timelessly cool. :)

Oh bugger, just realised I haven't got an airbag and I may be too old to live fast and die young.