The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Post 'Wheels In Motion' thread.

Fitz

Forgot to mention, one moan though - the guy in the noisy 200sx asked me to check the dB of the exhaust, after it was done he thought it'd be funny to floor the throttle (along with backfires). Not nice when you're 50cm from the exhaust, the meter showed 132dB. My hearing is really f*cked, even now :(. Wanker...

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who owns "C8 SUP"? Looked really tidy.

I was just thinking that :)

Jamie's car looks fab too. Well, it should, I suppose. ;)

Looks like I missed a good day out. Had things to attend to this morning, and couldn't get out of it. Nevermind. I hope they do another one soon.

A well organized event and a good location for a meet, nice to meet some old friends and some new faces also

Shame I have to leave early (plans for the afternoon) and feel knackered now !

Nice car you have there. Sorry about my brother trying to put my car in your boot on the trip there ;)

Shame I had engine issues, would have liked to go on the dyno. Thanks to John and "well spoken man" whos name I forget for having a tinker with my car, hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Didn't even realise you were there, did we speak? :innocent:

"Well spoken man" will probably be Ark (Chris), he does speak the queens English rather well :D

What can i say.... Thank you everyone for making this a really great meet.

Weather started a bit pants but come mid day everything came alive, the dyno was great ( everyone survived ) and we managed to do several geometry calibrations with "good/ bad " results in regard to what can be done and what needs to be done.

I think there will be some conspiracy theory's to who won what prize in the raffle but i can assure everyone wim had no dealing in this.....

If members are up for it i would like to do this again later in the year and hopefully hit some higher numbers....

Other news

All three Team Green cars broke during the meet, they did a diff, pump and something else which in a kind of good way is good because the cars are off to Portugal Tuesday for competition so it's best they broke now.

As of today JameyP will be known to me as 11.....? Reason being every time he visits the park he leaves us with a tyre imprint 11 and about a metre of rubber......

Point to note JameyP's BHP stuffed all the cars on the dyno and the little Mazda MX5 needed help to move the rollers, bless it :)

i gave them a good beating on the way home, 3rd gear i got a car lenth on them, 4th gear i got about 3 lenths and 5th gear im leaving them hard:cool:

http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy63/tazzmaster_cf/wim%20-%209th%20may%202010/dsc07039.jpg

vids??? ;)

Cant believe i missed this!

WIM machine look very similiar to ours at work except the camer mounting is much better than ours. Very expensive kit and pays for itself quickly enough.

Have to come to the next meet and take a closer look :)

Edited by Kirk (see edit history)

I somehow missed the raffles, didnt see any tickets going about or i would have had some.

The ladies on the tea and biscuit table were selling them.

I heard a rumour they were giving away free biscuits so I shot over there quick as a flash and they pursuaded me to buy a ticket. £5 for charity seemed fair, never expected to win the suspension.

The ladies on the tea and biscuit table were selling them.

I heard a rumour they were giving away free biscuits so I shot over there quick as a flash and they pursuaded me to buy a ticket. £5 for charity seemed fair, never expected to win the suspension.

Result:cool:

We had a bit of a communication problem in wim between the charity raffle and a free Geo draws, hence thew slow start to the meet.... In truth we cocked up but hay that's life.

Actual winners of what i'm not going to say because everyone is going to think it's a plant.... Like i said we had no involvement of the draw so call everything "destiny"... I rest my case :innocent:

Thanks to everyone who organised it, decent bacon rolls also. Shame I had engine issues, would have liked to go on the dyno. Thanks to John and "well spoken man" whos name I forget for having a tinker with my car, hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Hi Dave - glad you got back OK. As Darryl (Homer) says the "well spoken man" is Chris (Ark) who was there with WRX_Jo (aka Mrs Ark:p). Will get a few pics up later :)

vids??? ;)

Cant believe i missed this!

WIM machine look very similiar to ours at work except the camer mounting is much better than ours. Very expensive kit and pays for itself quickly enough.

Have to come to the next meet and take a closer look :)

Welcome to come down and see the extra software, we will give you a tour...... Also did you know we are about to open a national network with like minded calibrators. Not being rude but we have a 90% failure admission rate at the moment but would like to add to the network if your interested in participating can you pm me so not to contaminate the thread.

Welcome to come down and see the extra software, we will give you a tour...... Also did you know we are about to open a national network with like minded calibrators. Not being rude but we have a 90% failure admission rate at the moment but would like to add to the network if your interested in participating can you pm me so not to contaminate the thread.

PM'd :)