The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Post 'Wheels In Motion' thread.

Fitz

The Gaz coilover set that is being developed for the Supra. Abz has a trial set on his car now so hoping it will be ready in a few months time.

I would hope weeks, damper bump/ rebound is well covered, it's only finalizing the coil rates that's the issue. Abz coils where reset today to dismiss coil sag and the chassis was measured just to ensure no handling criminals where aggravating in field testing of the coilovers, chassis was clear so it's just a case of perfecting the valving and coil rates then it's job done.

Maybe :Pling:

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great day - thanks to the guys of W.I.M., and the organisation by Jamie! Also very nice to meet a few new faces, and catch up with some familiar ones ;)

Haven't really checked all the pics yet but I'll put up a few in a minute.

Edit: Here are a few quick mildly post-processed shots from the day:

large (1200x800)

large (1200x800)

large (1200x800)

large (1200x800)

Edited by sdistc (see edit history)

i so wanted to go! stupid exams! abz told me to stay home and study! thanks abz i actually got a lot of revision done today! :)

No worries mate, we was talking about you today & I told them that I advised you stayed at home.

You did miss a great day but you would have missed out more if you failed your final year!

gutted ...................... :(
Was a shame you wasn't there Dan, your Supra is stunning :cool:

Great day out, weather wasn't too bad in the end!

Good to put a few more faces to names and to catch up with a few old mates :D

Thanks to Tony and all the guys that organised the day, shame the turnout was not as much as expected, but still a good turnout and some lovely cars on display. The WIM setup is very impressive and I'm now more convinced than every that a full geo should be a service item on these cars :D (I guess the sales pitch worked on me!)

Likewise :D

Quick badly edited vid I put together, time for a propper video cam I think

Some great cars there today, I loved the RX7, hopefully Jamie has some better quality vids.

Was nice to meet you Dave! Hope you found out what is wrong by the "Well spoken man". :)

A well organized event and a good location for a meet, nice to meet some old friends and some new faces also

Shame I have to leave early (plans for the afternoon) and feel knackered now !

Was nice meeting you Dean, thanks for letting me listen to the sound track of your Corvette, it sounded amazing!

The Gaz coilover set that is being developed for the Supra. Abz has a trial set on his car now so hoping it will be ready in a few months time.

Branners, let me know if you have any questions about the coilovers or anything you want me to check or speak to Derek about while setting these coilovers up. I'll get a thread going this week to get opinion's on what people want & expect on a decent set of coilovers & get these over to Derek.

I would hope weeks, damper bump/ rebound is well covered, it's only finalizing the coil rates that's the issue. Abz coils where reset today to dismiss coil sag and the chassis was measured just to ensure no handling criminals where aggravating in field testing of the coilovers, chassis was clear so it's just a case of perfecting the valving and coil rates then it's job done.

Maybe :Pling:

Looking forward to it, thanks Tony, some great effort going into producing these :thumbs:

Thanks again for organising this along with JamieP, think the turnout could have been slightly dampered

with the morning rain today but overall not a bad turn out. Did anyone manage to a cost of Supra's/cars?

I'll get my pictures up tomorrow!

Edited by Abz
Grammer (see edit history)

Who owns "C8 SUP"? Looked really tidy.

Yay that was mine, I only gave it a lazy wash before I came. It was a long way to go but thankfully Japfest this weekend is about 8 miles from my house :)

Can't people just use their names as their profile? Would be easier ;)

Didn't even realise you were there, did we speak? :innocent:

Dont think so, some guy said "he is called homer because he looks like homer simpson" but didn't grab the person as unsure how they would feel being compared to a cartoon man who eats doughnuts :)

Hope you found out what is wrong by the "Well spoken man". :)

All started out ok till I got to around Reading (from Bristol) and my engine management light came on. I parked up and started off again and when I hit boost it came on again so I took the trip nice and slow. Well spoken man (I think that should be his forum title) and a couple of others reset the ecu and checked the fault codes and it sounds like a boost preassure issue.

The car feels the same as it always did (running TTC btw) and the general thought was it cant be too serious or the management light would be on as soon as you turn the engine on.

Still its my 30th in a couple of months so hopefully getting the car a full going over by Toyota who can fix the sequential system and diagnose any fault codes.

Yay that was mine, I only gave it a lazy wash before I came. It was a long way to go but thankfully Japfest this weekend is about 8 miles from my house :)

Dont think so, some guy said "he is called homer because he looks like homer simpson" but didn't grab the person as unsure how they would feel being compared to a cartoon man who eats doughnuts :)

All started out ok till I got to around Reading (from Bristol) and my engine management light came on. I parked up and started off again and when I hit boost it came on again so I took the trip nice and slow. Well spoken man (I think that should be his forum title) and a couple of others reset the ecu and checked the fault codes and it sounds like a boost preassure issue.

The car feels the same as it always did (running TTC btw) and the general thought was it cant be too serious or the management light would be on as soon as you turn the engine on.

Still its my 30th in a couple of months so hopefully getting the car a full going over by Toyota who can fix the sequential system and diagnose any fault codes.

Was nice to meet you

Dont take it to Toyota what ever you do, they wont have a clue

Well if there is somone on the forum in the know who is willing to give it a going over, check the boost guage and ideally replace all hoses damaged or otherwise please drop me a pm, I am in Bristol but willing to travel. I only mentioned Toyota because several people mentioned the 'plumbing' of the car was quite unusual and as I plan on having the car a very long time I just want to ensure its right.

Back on topic it was good that there were a few non supras there also to give it a bit of variation, who had that fantastic looking lotus (Esprit I think?), every one of those I have seen has the most work out interior but it looked really well looked after.

Again great work by the bacon butty van, I was handed something the size of a dinner plate!

Just want to say a Great big thanks to Tony and the team for hosting today, was a great day out for all :thumbs:

Also, thanks to Jamie for organising it.

Yep. Really good day. Good to meet some more people here.

Gavin

Was nice to meet you

Dont take it to Toyota what ever you do, they wont have a clue

Yep, they will most likely tell you that you have a problem as it is running in TTC.

Yep. Really good day. Good to meet some more people here.

Gavin

Nice to meet you as well Gavin :thumbs:

Had a really good day and was nice to put a few faces to names on the forum.

Was well organised and would definately be up for another event at the same place later in the year.

The rolling road was a good addition too and was nice to see what my car was. Got some good results from it which i was really happy with :D

Thanks to all the guys that helped put it together :)

Nice to meet Abz, Plethora, Septic, Fitz and Smarty. Nice to see Homer, Rob & Kayla, JB and JP again.

I briefly met Tony who was a nice guy.

Anyway some photos for your enjoyment. I'll be uploading these over the next hour or so :)

My opening gambit then, or first photo if you will, if I wasn't typing like a tool...

Tony's place of business....

Brettjones'...Supra, on and off the Dyno. :D

Edited by Lbm (see edit history)