The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thunder Road!

JamieP

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im sure the porsche is worth more than my car but i still beat it by about a 100 car lenths:D Porsche turbo really was no competition for my supra, wish i got it on video, he had me off the line then i left it for dead.

Jamie - your supra is no ordinary supra......leave the "poor" Porsche alone.... :)

They say that the new GTR is more aerodynamic than the 911TT (997) - one of its design criteria - so would have been interesting to see how a 16 yr old mk4 supra design compares to the 911TT (albeit a 996) (assuming it was similar power or no more than 450bhp).

Jamie - your supra is no ordinary supra......leave the "poor" Porsche alone.... :)

They say that the new GTR is more aerodynamic than the 911TT (997) - one of its design criteria - so would have been interesting to see how a 16 yr old mk4 supra design compares to the 911TT (albeit a 996) (assuming it was similar power or no more than 450bhp).

8......Monkfish2......169.28......12.295.....A

12....Guigsy.........164.72......12.730

Not far off. Mine is bpu though.

What is more suprising is my uk bpu times compared to AlexM's Jspec bpu times. I was expecting us to be neck and neck. Although we only got 1 run at it.

What is more suprising is my uk bpu times compared to AlexM's Jspec bpu times. I was expecting us to be neck and neck. Although we only got 1 run at it.

I was rather surprised as well! Did a couple of much better runs in the afternoon (not timed :() but couldn't get anywhere near 165mph. My best in the afternoon was 160 (indicated) which I guess was low 150s actual. There might be some trick that I'm missing, but I don't know what it is! :)

That is a long way to best him by, is his full bpu?

BPU + mapped..

mate if you upped the boost 1.4 and had a manual box like mine that be interesting contest with the porsche

the boost was arround 1.25 (thaught it was 1.35) i was going to fiddle with the boost controler but i dont have a manual for it and i couldnt find one in the morning before i left. so didnt know how to do it.

Didnt know yours wa mapped alex... mine isnt... stranger and stranger. lol

And im fine without a manual box. im sure i keep boost better with the auto :)

Didnt know yours wa mapped alex... mine isnt... stranger and stranger. lol

And im fine without a manual box. im sure i keep boost better with the auto :)

Yeah, it was only done last week. I've been experiencing a little strange behaviour in the car since I picked it up, whether that affected it at all I don't know. If the next event comes up on a free weekend I'll give it another go (I think October was mentioned?), hopefully all the gremlins will be long gone by then.

The manual box made it much more of an event (I went out with Robbie), lot more fun. I wouldn't switch my daily to a manual just for that though. :)

The Porsche is a 47 year old design :p Joking aside, a more extreme comparison on what you are looking for can be found in the TX Mile event results. A stock 997.2 did 178 and a couple of 996's with similar power to the big Supra's in this thread ran between 198 and 220. Eddie Bello hit 236 in his aircooled 964 :blink: How accurate the traps speed and power figures being quoted is anyones guess. Justin Nenni/Boostlogic/tunning concepts GTR hit 203.6.

love it when brand new super cars still find it hard to keep up with a 20 years old car like a supra ;)

In all fairness, is it really a 20 year old car....

A friend of mine has had his cricket bat for years, he's changed the handle 4 times and the bat twice.....same bat though :blink:

Thanks to Jez the next one is in october, i will start a new thread nearer the time when i know how many spots we are allowed.

Anyone that wants to run next time has to pass the 103db test at 4000rpm and open wastegates is a big no no so get them plumbed back in.:)

Thanks to Jez the next one is in october, i will start a new thread nearer the time when i know how many spots we are allowed.

Anyone that wants to run next time has to pass the 103db test at 4000rpm and open wastegates is a big no no so get them plumbed back in.:)

hopefully i can make this one:D

i think jez should be so kind to reserve me a place - since i paid half of ticket and never ran :(