The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice appreciated

Guest GT Destroyer

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would highly recommend jurgen and I know there are many other guys on here who would, he certainly knows what he's talking about when it comes to supras. For 10k he will source you a very nice car to your spec.

or a members cars as the car would have been in the UK for a while so you have some UK service history / MOT / TAX, etc, not to mention you get to meet the owner of the car that has lived with the car.

I have been with two people who have bought cars from there. (WRC)

Bmw that needed £400 of work doing to it in the first 4 days of ownership.

It was using 1Ltr of oil every 200 miles.

My friend rang the guy and he said "You knocked £200 off the price mate, its a part ex we got in, we dont fix them for you mate we just sell them"

And the other guy wasnt allowed to go out on a test drive unless he left a deposit.

So he put a deposit down on it and the clutch was slipping like mad.

When he asked for his deposit back the guy said "no mate, its a deposit, you can use it on any of our other vehicles though yeah?"

Anyway he asked to take an integra out (with a badly lined up CF boot) and he said, "it just drives like any other integra, if you want to buy it you can."

Just a bunch of Cowboys sames as Keighley tbh, and everyone has been there once for a laugh eh?

or a members cars as the car would have been in the UK for a while so you have some UK service history / MOT / TAX, etc, not to mention you get to meet the owner of the car that has lived with the car.

Yes I totally agree pal:)

If I was in your position I would get my hands on an extrs £3.500 and get somthig likke Jazzy's car for £13,500.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=181613

That is somthing worth getting excited about :)

I would like it myself ..But...

1) I can't afford it at the moment (I like the Supra I have allready.)

2) It Would scare the Living daylights out of me...... :scared:

Although I could get used to it :ecstatic:

If I was in your position I would get my hands on an extrs £3.500 and get somthig likke Jazzy's car for £13,500.

I spotted that one as well, but being over budget I went for the one that had been sold ;)

I do less than 1,500 miles a year :blink:

I dont doubt there are a few genuine low mileage supras out there but i bet there seriously out numbered by cars with moody mileage.

Ive only done 2.5 k in 10 months but at least when the cars here in the uk our service history and mots back up the figures.

I went virtually all the way around the country looking at Supra's, when I was buying mine.

I even made an over night stay up in Bradford to visit all the traders around that part of the country, purely to take a look at as many Supra's as I could.

I didn't see one car I would spend my money on, some of the roughest cars I have ever seen to be truthful.

Especially seeing as some of them over the phone were all quoted as being immaculate, one even had masking tape under the doors where it had seen a blow over the skirts(nice and tidy hey....).

You pay's your money and take's your chance's at the end of the day, but the vast majority of peoples opinions as well as mine is best to steer clear.

My advice would be to do as much research as possible (as you are), see as many Supra's as you can too, you will know then when you see the right car that way.

Best of luck........

I've just emailed him to verify the miles for me :)

And his reply...

"...Hi, I have had to roughly work out the actual mileage because the speedo was converted to miles after it was imported so some of it was km's and some miles...."

- tbm-int

Well there you have it it. He says he's roughly worked out the miles. I believe that he is roughly 63000 miles out, but as I only roughly worked this out, don't take my word for it, but if you do, it's a rough guestimate. Or thereabouts.

Note as well (thanks to Jamie's link) that Hadyn has had this car for 3 years. I believe he roughly knew his mileage when he sold it and the 3 mot certificates would presumably demonstrate this. Perhaps this fella only has rough copies of the aforementioned documents.

Edited by Lbm (see edit history)

And his reply...

"...Hi, I have had to roughly work out the actual mileage because the speedo was converted to miles after it was imported so some of it was km's and some miles...."

- tbm-int

Well there you have it it. He says he's roughly worked out the miles. I believe that he is roughly 63000 miles out, but as I only roughly worked this out, don't take my word for it, but if you do, it's a rough guestimate. Or thereabouts.

Excellent example of the type of things your up against.

You certainly need to be open minded, and keep those eyes peeled too.

NB: Lbm....... Great work there, you do make me laugh :D

This just in then.

I hadn't replied to the guy, but he sent me this follow up email;

"...Hi, It's only very important if you're buying the car, you buying it then? The speedo figure shown is more than this but some of it is miles and some km's so we have taken a rough estimate of miles covered

Regards

Rog..."

- tbm-int

Guest suprashah
Errr...about £4K overpriced IMHO

Stop thinking about it - get a grip! :)

Do you know of any examples for that price?? I have that much in my budget. Thanks

Guest GT Destroyer

Been looking at that one already TBH, it is an option, but if I can get a decent man TT for between 8 and 10 it becomes much cheaper and more viable. Say if it was 9K thats 4.5K left over for the inevitable costs of running and repairing etc......

About the place WRC - I know about the test drive example, they wittered on to me about a deposit to even test drive it. If I do go and see the silver one, my eyes will be wide open! I'll keep you posted on progress.

Been in touch with Jurgen also.

Again I really appreciate the comments, thanks to you all.

Been looking at that one already TBH, it is an option, but if I can get a decent man TT for between 8 and 10 it becomes much cheaper and more viable. Say if it was 9K thats 4.5K left over for the inevitable costs of running and repairing etc......

Apples and oranges.

One is a 550+ well tuned and looked after monster of a car that is a steal at 13.5K.

The other is a standard or standard'ish 6sp Manual TT for a standard offer price. Had you said 5 or 6K then it would be a steal.

Really depends on what you want - the above two types are cars are chalk and cheese.

Guest GT Destroyer
Apples and oranges.

One is a 550+ well tuned and looked after monster of a car that is a steal at 13.5K.

The other is a standard or standard'ish 6sp Manual TT for a standard offer price. Had you said 5 or 6K then it would be a steal.

Really depends on what you want - the above two types are cars are chalk and cheese.

True imi - The single would be awesome, plus I don't want a "drive every day car", I know it does get driven daily now, but I wouldn't commute in it put it that way!

Guess I need to see it, and the silver one to compare and see what I think then, and try and drive one or some to get a feel.

You never know if I drive an auto, I might love it and save myself a big load of cash.

My old car had been in the UK since 1997 and had a stack load of history with it.

I bought the car with 100k miles on it in 2006 for a price that reflected a TT auto with 100k miles on it. It didnt feel like a car that had done 100k miles, but Supras never feel as old as their mileage do they :)

I cant confirm when the odo was converted to read miles, but it was reading miles when I bought it at 100k and sold it at circa 140k.

Guest GT Destroyer

been to see the Silver one today, and was hoping to see the other 2 Supras that were advertised. He had sold all of them in last 2 weeks! The silver one was still there so I had a good nosey round it, someone had left a deposit on it.

Impressions were - I didn't like the kit at all, looked just too big, too much stuck on if you see what I mean. Also there were signs of rusting just where the plastic panels of the kit met the wings/sills etc....

Oh and the wheels were glorious - Not sure who said they'd want them but can see why.

Its hard not to get carried away when you are stood in a warehouse with R33 GTRs, Evo 7 and 8s, and a P1 which I really like the look of.

The P1 had 90K on it, which kind of put my mind at ease a little with the whole clocking cars thing. It was up at 9K though which seems a bit steep for 90K but I suppose its a P1 which is the most sought after Impreza.

To sum up. The guy was polite, the place was full of Jap cars, but the silver Supra, well even if I had the cash in my pocket, I just didn't like it. Has re-inforced my choice for a Supra though, I love the curves of the roof-to-tailgate.