The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice appreciated

Guest GT Destroyer

Its hard not to get carried away when you are stood in a warehouse with R33 GTRs, Evo 7 and 8s, and a P1 which I really like the look of.

The P1 had 90K on it, which kind of put my mind at ease a little with the whole clocking cars thing. It was up at 9K though which seems a bit steep for 90K but I suppose its a P1 which is the most sought after Impreza.

Thats pretty much what iffy garages rely on you doing !!

Just because the P1 had 90k on it i dont see how that reasured you regarding them and clocking ? It could have had 150k on it or it could be for real. Without proper history how would you know ?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

been to see the Silver one today, and was hoping to see the other 2 Supras that were advertised. He had sold all of them in last 2 weeks! The silver one was still there so I had a good nosey round it, someone had left a deposit on it.

Impressions were - I didn't like the kit at all, looked just too big, too much stuck on if you see what I mean. Also there were signs of rusting just where the plastic panels of the kit met the wings/sills etc....

Oh and the wheels were glorious - Not sure who said they'd want them but can see why.

Its hard not to get carried away when you are stood in a warehouse with R33 GTRs, Evo 7 and 8s, and a P1 which I really like the look of.

The P1 had 90K on it, which kind of put my mind at ease a little with the whole clocking cars thing. It was up at 9K though which seems a bit steep for 90K but I suppose its a P1 which is the most sought after Impreza.

To sum up. The guy was polite, the place was full of Jap cars, but the silver Supra, well even if I had the cash in my pocket, I just didn't like it. Has re-inforced my choice for a Supra though, I love the curves of the roof-to-tailgate.

The guy was "POLITE"?

I take it you didn't ask for a test drive? :D

Guest suprashah
Thats pretty much what iffy garages rely on you doing !!

Just because the P1 had 90k on it i dont see how that reasured you regarding them and clocking ? It could have had 150k on it or it could be for real. Without proper history how would you know ?

I've been trolling on here for a while great site with some fantastic people on here, but I don't quite understand what thrill people like you get from making such uncalled for comments?? Please explain??

I've been trolling on here for a while great site with some fantastic people on here, but I don't quite understand what thrill people like you get from making such uncalled for comments?? Please explain??

I don't think i can bothered to waste my time explaining anything to you thanks and would you care to elaborate on your comment, "people like you" ?

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

been to see the Silver one today, and was hoping to see the other 2 Supras that were advertised. He had sold all of them in last 2 weeks! The silver one was still there so I had a good nosey round it, someone had left a deposit on it.

Impressions were - I didn't like the kit at all, looked just too big, too much stuck on if you see what I mean. Also there were signs of rusting just where the plastic panels of the kit met the wings/sills etc....

Oh and the wheels were glorious - Not sure who said they'd want them but can see why.

To sum up. The guy was polite, the place was full of Jap cars, but the silver Supra, well even if I had the cash in my pocket, I just didn't like it. Has re-inforced my choice for a Supra though, I love the curves of the roof-to-tailgate.

I went to see the same car about 4 months ago mate (when i was looking for my first supe) same scenario then, "just sold 2 have these left here and someone is about to put a deposit down", tbf their cars sit there for ages and don't sell, they just move them around different showrooms (i think) oh and if he started it up for you, did you not see the quite bad smoking?

IMO stay away from them mate, but it's up to you :)

Guest suprashah
I don't think i can bothered to waste my time explaining anything to you thanks and would you care to elaborate on your comment, "people like you" ?

I don't think I can be bothered to waste my time explaining anything to you thanks.

Well sometimes there are traders out there who like to take the wee with their pricing or how they approach customers. We had some traders on here recently who traded against the rules and took offence when people questioned the accuracy of their adverts.

They had to be removed from the forum and I for one do not miss them.

This just in then.

I hadn't replied to the guy, but he sent me this follow up email;

"...Hi, It's only very important if you're buying the car, you buying it then? The speedo figure shown is more than this but some of it is miles and some km's so we have taken a rough estimate of miles covered

Regards

Rog..."

- tbm-int

Edit: Nmind :p

Still what a nice answer from the guy. Really shows the company's integrity. Also isn't clocking illegal and can be prosecuted?

Edited by jonathanc (see edit history)

Trolling you reckon? I personally get a buzz for finding trolls and smashing their bridges... :)

Now seriously, as branners has said certain traders do like to think they can pull the wool over the calf's eyes and then get some what upset when they realize that the majority of members here dont' like to be treated like idiots.

I've been trolling on here for a while ................

Really?, then you must have seen the several threads within the last six months where members of this club have found cars appear on trade adverts with magically lower miles than when the member sold it.....FFS it's not rocket science. Traders are out to make a profit, it's their bread and butter at the end of the day, so they have been known to bend a few rules every now and then. The evidence is all over this site for everyone to see.

Guest suprashah
Racist :D

Yes it pretty much comes down to that..racisim from my years of trolling I have learnt that..of course not everyone most guys here are fine like I said a few people spoiling it for allm

I don't need to give examples you just need to troll on here for a while and see for yourself.

Yes it pretty much comes down to that..racisim from my years of trolling I have learnt that..of course not everyone most guys here are fine like I said a few people spoiling it for allm

I don't need to give examples you just need to troll on here for a while and see for yourself.

Either add something useful to thread or stop spouting crap okay!

Patience is wearing thin... And I personally think you are full of it!

Well done for walking away. Being so keen many people would have just gone with it just to get one. Be patient and with the budget you are looking at, you will be able to get a really good example of what you're after. As said Jurgen is your best bet, or there are still some excellant cars for sale from members. Paul Whiffin may also have a couple in, check the whifbitz website out or drop him a line.

WTF? :D:p

:wtf::clown:

I don't think I can be bothered to waste my time explaining anything to you thanks.

I've just re-read a few of your posts and consider this your first and only warning, your next post best have some substance to it or I WILL ban you! Don't need trolls like you!

Either add something useful to thread or stop spouting crap okay!

Patience is wearing thin... And I personally think you are full of it!

I trolled through all his posts. I like trolling. I don't even know if it's the right word - but all I find is...very little.

So Suprashah, add some value to your posts please or you'll have to to reside in that great troll cemetary in the sky - otherwise known as http://www.oksupra.com/supra-skytop-women-shoes-4/ ...

...I tried to find the other Supra site, but for the life of me I couldn't remember. Perhaps a troll came along an nicked my memory? - in the meantime enjoy the ladies shoe range.