TT Aerotop Manual TRD Project

Holden1989

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree with Supradibbs, its a quality finish you want. You'll have plenty of time later to show it off :)

+1

I waited quite a few weeks for mine altough it was only sprayjob and no major bodywork, but in the end, the paintwork on the car turned out to be tight as hell.

Color is looking fantastic, looking forward to more pics when you get the car back together. :)

Ahhhh dont worry about missing the show, japshows coming up soon! would you rather have knight racer rush the job? i wouldnt, id always let the bodyshop take their time to get the best finish! paint looks sweet btw:)

Like I said before Rob mine was at GVN for nearly 12 months :blink: but the smile on your face once it's back will show how worth the wait was!!

Just means you'll have to do more shows with me now ;)

1year!!!??! was it just body work or did it have a big smash?

either way thats just taking the mik...thanks for letting me know about gvn ha:blink:

1year!!!??! was it just body work or did it have a big smash?

either way thats just taking the mik...thanks for letting me know about gvn ha:blink:

No smash, just complete bodywork & makeover. TBH it could have been done in half the time but I went to work in Greece for the summer. So Mario worked on it when he had the time as I was in no rush for it.

It may have taken a while but I can not knock there work & will always recommend them ;)

I agree with getting a top quality job but really dont see why it takes this long ! ive stripped my widebody, prepped it, painted it and rebuilt it in 2 weeks and we weren't rushing either.

I might be wrong but do Knightracer actually do any of the bodywork ? i heard it gets subbed out to a bodyshop on the same estate.

Hope it all comes good in the end for you though :)

Am i right in thinking they've had it nearly 3 months ? im going by the dates you posted the pictures of it being stripped ? thats a joke in my book no matter what level of quality you want or how much your paying.

Hope it ends up being the best paint job ever done

Rob doesn't have access to a computer to post pics so I'm posting these on his behalf. They were taken with my camera phone which really doesn't cpature the colours very well in the bright sunlight, but should give an idea. It looks rather good :D

Good to see you again today Steve and thanks for your input when picking up the car.

The paintwork was good overall, but lacked attention to detail in a few of the less visible areas. Prep work, shaping and bonding was all good, just a shame it wasn't perfect. Worse bit is the tatty quater windows were put back in (It appeared that the aero ones are slightly different but instead of informing Rob, KR put the old ones back in). Rob will have to source a set of aero ones and have them replaced again :(

attachment.php?attachmentid=110680&stc=1&d=1274550485

attachment.php?attachmentid=110679&stc=1&d=1274550435

attachment.php?attachmentid=110681&stc=1&d=1274550485

attachment.php?attachmentid=110682&stc=1&d=1274550485

attachment.php?attachmentid=110683&stc=1&d=1274550485

attachment.php?attachmentid=110684&stc=1&d=1274550485

TRD-Rob #1.jpg

TRD-Rob #2.jpg

TRD-Rob #3.jpg

TRD-Rob #4.jpg

TRD-Rob #5.jpg

TRD-Rob #6.jpg

Looks great:cool: love the rear end shot. would look even better with black mesh and black wheels like Johnsons trd supra imo.

Is he happy with the work?:)

Agree on the mesh, but I love the silver wheels,

Just needs dropping a tad & will look mean as hell

Yep, car looks stunning on the road, followed him back from Milton Keynes, was funny the amount of people slowing down to have a look when they went past :D

Is he happy with the work?:)

Just edited above mate, "satisfied/happy" would be about right I think. The issue over the rear qtr windows rightly pissed him off.

Edit - we all agreed today on black mesh, so that's on the cards :D And yep Jev, the suspension will be sorted by WIM after it's got some small spacers added to the front. It's all set near max height at the moment!

Yep, car looks stunning on the road, followed him back from Milton Keynes, was funny the amount of people slowing down to have a look when they went past :D

Just edited above mate, "satisfied" would be about right I think. The issue over the rear qtr windows rightly pissed him off.

Edit - we all agreed today on black mesh, so that's on the cards :D And yep Jev, the suspension will be sorted by WIM after it's got some small spacers added to the front. It's all set near max height at the moment!

Excellent, TRD is my favourite Supra kit by miles, I only wish you could get Advan RZ's to fill those massive arches or I would be having one myself

Are aero quarter glass's different then??

Yeah, none of us realised either! At the top there's a metal tab (which connects to the trim that normally goes over the roof). Those are not present on the aero. Personally I'd have just trimmed them off an used some black sealer, the area where they are is covered by a seal anyway :search:

Yeah, none of us realised either! At the top there's a metal tab (which connects to the trim that normally goes over the roof). Those are not present on the aero. Personally I'd have just trimmed them off an used some black sealer, the area where they are is covered by a seal anyway :search:

I had no idea they were different! I guess they're still messy from the original botch paint job that muppet did for me?

There's still a load of quarter glass's i've removed over the years over at Silverstone. I wonder if any of them were Aero ones. I think we broke 4 aeros altogether.