TT Aerotop Manual TRD Project

Holden1989

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd be curious to see what it would look like with and without the spoiler, if you could take some pics Rob that would be spot on :)

Very much subscribed... p.s loads of pics too :D

when i got the car it didnt have the rear wing on,so i do have pictures of the car with and without it,see if i can get some pictures up after i finish work.

Moved to Projects Section :thumbs:

Kayla/Rob can you upload all the images to the forum rather than linking them to Photobucket please :)

Will do, sorry!

Good to see your car hopefully coming back on the road that will make you proud, looks like masses to be done.

Who's doing all the work for you ???

The work is being done by Knightracer

I thought you were picking up the completed job soon? That's what Homer told me anyway.

Yes it was supposed to be a 2 week job, but due to the sheer amount of prep work the car needs its been put back a few weeks.

One side is fully prepped, the other is how it drove in like :D

Lets hope its worth the wait!

I think the original build thread I did on here is still around somewhere.

I didnt do the work myself originally, but I completely agree it was well shabby when you looked under the surface. And no, it wasnt done on the cheap, just a shoddy bodyshop that charged me the earth for a sh*te job.

In hindsight, I know I should have gone to Albert in the first place. I completley lost heart with it after that.

Good luck with it Rob / Kayla, i'm sure it will turn out as stunning as I wanted it to be.

Original thread here....

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=72029

Good grief that was some terrible bodywork, whoever did that should hang up their compressor gun and never be allowed near a car again!!

Still, looks like the plan is coming together and things are on the up, hope the project turns out as you want it to, it should look very nice when it's finished :)

I also think a stock spoiler or TRD spoiler would look perfect on it as opposed to the big wing.... :)

Can't believe it's had to be stripped right down to the metal! Looks kind of cool but also in some ways like a piece of scrap with no paint on the car ;) Hey I'm loving that can of ''Red Bull'' in the engine bay that you can see through the hole where the headlight goes in a couple of the pics :D So is the ''Red bull'' can getting sprayed up too or are you leaving that stock mate? ;) Car will look great when completed and worth the wait, be good to see it once it's done and out during the summer.

Guest Shell Shocked

From a distance I have to say that looks bang on.

However looking at the condition when you brought it does surpise me. Candy jobs are always going to be expensive, its not the sort of thing you ask for if you can walk into a body shop for a blow over, which is what it almost looks like. Matt black in the shuts (which looks to be rattle canned) and not painting under the side skirts? Seems really bizarre to me I have to say.

All the best with the restoration work, bare metals resprays are always a huge amount of work however the finish product will look the part.