The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA-T making things simple?

JamieP

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sweet mate think id do it the long way and piece it bit by bit lol over time youve made me feel abit easier about the drilling the block to as i think id skip that and just put the tt sump on it may even just get another engine and do the build on that lol

I wouldnt even think of building an NA-T engine if i was you unless you know exactly what your doing.

The general talk about just dumping on a thick HG to lower CR is just crap as theres alot more to it than that.

I wouldnt even think of building an NA-T engine if i was you unless you know exactly what your doing.

The general talk about just dumping on a thick HG to lower CR is just crap as theres alot more to it than that.

what els is there ? 1.3mm steel gasket will lower compression, obviously you will need bigger injectors and a ecu and map to match , you will also need a stronger gear box and clutch. there is no need to change the pistons as ther are many setups state side 500 + with the standard intake and internals.

the only other thing i can think would be needed is and electronic ignition sytem like the the tt as im not sure how mutch timeing you can pull with the dissy cap

anything els?

by the way way this is a genuine question, not a dig , if there is more to it i have not been informed about i would like to know

craig

its not realling drilling the block as such.

you buy a theaded head union bolt form lexues that holds the filter housing on for the feed. and the sump is the same as the tt sump but the returne plate is just blocked off, so you drill that out, ( alu so goes through like butter) and tap the holes that allready either side of it , viola you have your oil ways

so even if you do bugger up the drilling, you just put a new sump on, no need to touch the engine block

Out of interest, how did you go about drilling the sump? Did you do it in situ or did you remove it?

what els is there ? 1.3mm steel gasket will lower compression, obviously you will need bigger injectors and a ecu and map to match , you will also need a stronger gear box and clutch. there is no need to change the pistons as ther are many setups state side 500 + with the standard intake and internals.

the only other thing i can think would be needed is and electronic ignition sytem like the the tt as im not sure how mutch timeing you can pull with the dissy cap

anything els?

by the way way this is a genuine question, not a dig , if there is more to it i have not been informed about i would like to know

craig

Its not things like that im referring to, its the effects a thicker HG has on actual engine efficiency, i.e. SQUISH/QUENCH.

The only way to lower compression the correct way IMO is always though the piston and then run with a NA HG. That way your squish band remains the same and efficient and your CR is around 9.0:1 which is a good figure for a street car.

Out of interest, how did you go about drilling the sump? Did you do it in situ or did you remove it?

Id hope he took it off or he would have a load of dangerous shaving floating around in the oil!

Its not things like that im referring to, its the effects a thicker HG has on actual engine efficiency, i.e. SQUISH/QUENCH.

The only way to lower compression the correct way IMO is always though the piston and then run with a NA HG. That way your squish band remains the same and efficient and your CR is around 9.0:1 which is a good figure for a street car.

Id hope he took it off or he would have a load of dangerous shaving floating around in the oil!

i see. so low comp pistons is the best way to go,

as for the sump i did do it in the car.

the way i did it was to raise the one side of the engine so i could access the plug.

then i removed the sump plug and drained the oil.

after i drilled the hole i poured liters of old oil straight down my new oil return line and staight out the bottom of the sump to flush it and check the fixing wasnt leaking.

one the oil was running clean with no swarf i stoped.

i then pu the oil feed into the return put 5 litres of chep oil in and run the engine for a few mins . i then drained it again and changed the oil filter.

as for the sump i did do it in the car.

the way i did it was to raise the one side of the engine so i could access the plug.

then i removed the sump plug and drained the oil.

after i drilled the hole i poured liters of old oil straight down my new oil return line and staight out the bottom of the sump to flush it and check the fixing wasnt leaking.

one the oil was running clean with no swarf i stoped.

i then pu the oil feed into the return put 5 litres of chep oil in and run the engine for a few mins . i then drained it again and changed the oil filter.

Let's hope no swarf made it into your oil pump, which draws its oil supply direct from the sump then feeds it to the oil filter.

Edited by Miguel (see edit history)

yea you could put a tt sump on and is all done. yes i did my own , wasnt really a problem.

Where did you take the oil feed from? In the TT the feed is in the side of the block, so was always under the impression this was a complete engine rebuild to complete.

Oil filter housing bolt mod or oil pressor sensor port.

You can get an is300 banjo bolt which bolts the oil filter onto the block which has a pre threaded hole in it as thats where the 300 takes the oil pressure readings from like the vvti NA's :)

Ahah, got it, Thanks :) That makes the feed simple, but the drain is still a pain. I really wouldn't want to drill the sump plate without taking it off the engine first. To much risk of contamination.

To be honest when doing any turbo build IMO money shouldnt become a concern.

If you cant afford to do it then dont :)

That makes the feed simple, but the drain is still a pain. I really wouldn't want to drill the sump plate without taking it off the engine first. To much risk of contamination.

Thats the only way i would do it.

It isnt that hard of a job to do if you ask me.

Edited by Kirk (see edit history)