The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Scottish Modified Cars Event 18th July 2010, Royal Highland Centre, Ingliston

SupraRider

i'm assuming if you did bring a passenger they would still be able to pay once we got there, albiat probably more than the £16 advanced payment (£20 entry maybe..) as i don't want to pay for a passenger yet incase they can't make it..

And glad to see you'll be able to make it Geo!

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i'm assuming if you did bring a passenger they would still be able to pay once we got there, albiat probably more than the £16 advanced payment (£20 entry maybe..) as i don't want to pay for a passenger yet incase they can't make it..

And glad to see you'll be able to make it Geo!

As with all other events, you can still pay @ the door, prob a little dearer, so no probs about not paying for a passenger etc.

Yeah im making it, should be a good day fingers crossed the weather is good.

Wwho else is going from the Glasgow Area, so i can roll up with them. :D

Ok guys, we have 8 confirmed members attending this event, final call before I send the form away today.

Please PM me if you know people who will be coming along to this event. I need their details asap.

Will be sending the form away after 2pm.

Thanks!

Preston

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that the organisers have confirmed that we now have secured the indoor space for our cars.

I will receive more information by post nearer the time with your armbands, how to get there, which entrance we should be driving into etc...

Also to inform you that we will have to be at the gate by 9am to drive into our premises. The gates will be shut by 9.30am sharp and no late comers will be entertained.

Aberdeen folks to convoy down together in the morning? what time and where shall we meet?

The rest of the Supra members from other areas to meet at Esso Petrol station (opposite Macdonalds) at the roundabout just as you drive into edinburgh A8 from M8 motorway? (not sure if this is correct)

You will need to bring your own buckets if you wish to give your cars a final wash down before displaying or wash your cars before driving to the gate.

Hope this is helpful!

Preston

I live in portlethen, maybe I could cruise on the motorway till you guys catch up? don't really want to go into the city and then out again...doesn't make sense...

why don't you all meet at 6.15am? give some time for late arrivals before moving out together? I'll join you on the road at 6.45am, should hopefully give us plenty of time to get to edinburgh and to wash down our cars.

Yes? No?

can i make a suggestion where we meet is the same place for future events and meets so on that idea the back carpark of the cinema where the last meet was held sounds good to me ;) just need a time now :D

that could be a good suggestion but given the tight timescales to be there driving into the premises by 9am, it will be tight. I think Dundee Morrisons might be a better place to meet but I still think we shouldn't stop if at all possible.

Kieran, are you coming? let me know.

Why not meet in Dundee at the tesco's then. Aberdeen folk meet somehwere then stop at dundee

I live in portlethen, maybe I could cruise on the motorway till you guys catch up? don't really want to go into the city and then out again...doesn't make sense...

why don't you all meet at 6.15am? give some time for late arrivals before moving out together? I'll join you on the road at 6.45am, should hopefully give us plenty of time to get to edinburgh and to wash down our cars.

Yes? No?

Where would you be planning to wash down your car Preston? I did it in the show ground last year but had to use a fire hydrant which was interesting!

Was thinking about spec sheets, could be a nice extra touch. Had them on the DAT stand last year.

Hows it going getting the club banners?

Car sent over dude, you should have it within 2hrs. Just check your account later on. :D

Yeah spec sheets will be a nice touch, for those who really want to see what the cars are running. Im just hoping for a sunny day, means the cars will still be sparkling and wont need much to clean up.

Hi John,

there's the Esso petrol station opposite Macdonalds at the airport roundabout just as you come off the M8 bearing left before joining the A8, i can't think of anywhere else! maybe we could follow your suggestion since you've done this before.

Where would you be planning to wash down your car Preston? I did it in the show ground last year but had to use a fire hydrant which was interesting!

Was thinking about spec sheets, could be a nice extra touch. Had them on the DAT stand last year.

Hows it going getting the club banners?

well, joining you guys at the dual carriageway at portlethen was my idea as well, I don't live right in Portlethen so it will be easy for me too. I suggested 6.15am for you all to meet and I'll join you on the road at 6.45am. Sounds good?

hey preston,

anymore word if we managed to get the banners or not? why dont you wait for us on the dule carridgeway just after porty and join on then? save either you coming up here or us going through porty to meet you.

Haha thats cool Preston!

Maccy D's would be the safest for getting washed close to the site I'd say, that hydrant had been uncovered and a hose attached before I got there and needed a T bar to open it, crazy pressure too, nearly lost my bucket and stuff!

Hey bud,

good to know you are showing interest but if you would like to join us as a club to be exhibiting indoors, you need to PM me to confirm and pay up asap as I've already sent away the application form to the organisers last week to confirm numbers :)

I *may* manage to this one.

Will know nearer the time! :)

Hey bud,

good to know you are showing interest but if you would like to join us as a club to be exhibiting indoors, you need to PM me to confirm and pay up asap as I've already sent away the application form to the organisers last week to confirm numbers :)

I will try to confirm as soon as possible!

Car needs a little restoration first, hence my state of not being 100%. :)

Hi guys, just a suggestion I would not meet at Mac donalds thats where everybody meets and it gets really busy, we met there last year and it took us about an hour to reach the showground which is only about a mile and a half along the road, better if you can just head staight for the show and make sure you get in I know from experience if you are 5 minutes late they will not let you in, I hope I will make it along this year maybe meet up with some of you guys again will be good, cheers, Nige.

THanks for the tip bud! as mentioned in my earlier posts, if you intend to join us as a club to exhibit indoors, I need your confirmation and payment asap to me. Otherwise, we'll meet you at the show.

Also, considering what you said, could you advise us Aberdeen folks where we could give our cars a quick wash down before heading towards the gate?

Hi guys, just a suggestion I would not meet at Mac donalds thats where everybody meets and it gets really busy, we met there last year and it took us about an hour to reach the showground which is only about a mile and a half along the road, better if you can just head staight for the show and make sure you get in I know from experience if you are 5 minutes late they will not let you in, I hope I will make it along this year maybe meet up with some of you guys again will be good, cheers, Nige.