The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK Gaming Computers

DamanC

Love a good debate. :)

A PS3 when released were £450?

For less than £450 you can have a PC that will excel at gaming over a PS3.

I'm not sure what they were, but they're £250, so you would need a PC for £250 or less.

Even if we take £450 though, are you sure, do you have a link to an example?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Open source OS. - Free

Naff KB and Mouse - £5 tops.

I just popped Resident evil 5 on the PS3 here, and on said PC. I have cheated a little and OC'ed the PC CPU and despite RE5 even being a port, the PC version looks far better :)

We are talking about gaming performance rather than overall performance here.

Overall performance would be;

The PC is running a faster cpu per core (OCed), more cache, faster graphics card, larger resolutions, has a better sound card, larger PSU and lots more RAM.

But the PS3 does have a blue ray drive and err is smaller.

So if you want to play dumbed down games and watch blue ray movies a PS3 would win.

Just trying to put it in perspective, not trying to start a failsole vs PC thread. there is enough of them already out there :D

So if you want to play dumbed down games and watch blue ray movies a PS3 would win.

Just trying to put it in perspective, not trying to start a failsole vs PC thread. there is enough of them already out there :D

failsole :D Didn't COD6 get dumbed down for the PC :innocent:

Anyway, enought of this rubbish, great website Daman, If I was in the market for a high spec PC I'd be on the phone to you :thumbs: I'd love a high end Laptop that I could take with me when I work away.

Either that or Alienware :innocent::p:d

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks Andy,

Laptops have never been my favourite piece of kit, personally I despise them. Having said that, one of the guys here used to build them, once we are stable we will be looking at doing so in the late future, however its a long way off.

Looking forward to that. :)

Gallery is up :)

Lovely looking kit guys. :thumbs:

Gaming PC Gallery

• 3 months later...

Finishing the site was goal one. Ranking well in google was another.

The site has been lingering around position 2 for the search term "gaming Computers" (Primary Keyword)n for a few months and today, is now position 1 of 42,300,000. :D

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&source=hp&q=gaming+computers&meta=&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=459b761b84e2996a

Other keywords are working their way up too, but rankig numero uno in under 6 months is a fantastic achievement!

awsome mate! good to see sites like this do well

Im a pc gamer and i like some of the machines on there

Sadly i have already built my gaming PC my self so i wont be buying one, however i will pass on the word if i hear someone is after one :)

Nice to see the Antec 900 case in there, thats what i used to build mine...its an awsome underated case ;)

• 1 month later...
Club discount on parts for members please :)

I already get free postage from Ocuk and Novatech, spend a fortune on them with my hardware upgrade every 12 months

Wish I could offer more matey, our margins are a little on the tight side :( Might be able to bung in a free game or something :)

just for feedback was the book any help in getting to this stage?

Was more of a reference than anything new tbh however the references saved me a good chunk of time, thanks :)

Daman, you have PM :)

Return PM sent :)

That's mightily impressive. Alienware don't get a look in under than search term.. nor others actually.

Yup, what we are doing on the google front seems to be paying off. Our second keyword is now paying off http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&source=hp&q=gaming+pc&meta=&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=a14e1efbc109ce83 and are now ranking third for it although "gaming computers" has dropped a spot, hopefully not for long.

I have a list as long as my arm of keywords that we wish to rank highly for, you would be amazed how people find our site :D