The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK Gaming Computers

DamanC

Yup, what we are doing on the google front seems to be paying off. Our second keyword is now paying off http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&source=hp&q=gaming+pc&meta=&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=a14e1efbc109ce83 and are now ranking third for it although "gaming computers" has dropped a spot, hopefully not for long.

I have a list as long as my arm of keywords that we wish to rank highly for, you would be amazed how people find our site :D

To be fair Daman, there's a lot in a name, and something like 'UK Gaming Computers' Says exactly what it should. I'd take a trip down to third spot over 'wire2fire' as, to me, that just doesn't sound proffesional enough.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a little update on a fellow members build, Thorins :)

Michael ordered one of our Chronos i7 Gaming PCs towards the end of last week.

He has not seen these yet, nor does he know the outcome of the build :D

Anyway, this was one of my builds so thought I would take a few snaps along the way. We started the same way as all of our builds.....with a mess!

http://www.ukgamingcomputers.co.uk/images/gallery/thorin.jpg

A little fairy dust and cable management later and the result is;

http://www.ukgamingcomputers.co.uk/images/gallery/Chronos.jpg

http://www.ukgamingcomputers.co.uk/images/gallery/Antec_300_Inside.jpg

Michael customised his dream build making it a little more than the stock Chronos, The ordered spec was:

Antec 300 Case

Corsair 650W TX Power Supply

Intel Core i7 860 2.8GHz CPU - Moderate Overclock cooled by a Noctua NH-U12P and Artic Silver 5 Thermal compound

ASUS P7P55D LE Motherboard

4GB Corsair DDR3 1333MHz/PC10666 RAM

Nvidia 216 Core GTX 260 896MB Graphics card

OCZ 60GB Solid State Drive

High speed DVD and CD Rewriter

7.1 Surround Sound Audio

2 Front and 8 Rear USB Ports

Gigabit Ethernet

As promised we have given free delivery as he is a MKIV Member.

Like most of our machines, they go out with a little upgrade here and there. Michael has done well out of us! We upgraded the overclock to something a little more extreme but not too far. The CPU was not going very far on a moderate overclock so I have had to bump up the CPU voltage, adjust RAM timings and RAM Voltage. The end result is a i7 860 CPU which runs at 2.8GHz standard now running at a healthy and unstressed 3.5Ghz. We could have gone further with it but didnt want to push it much further as anything more was venturing into the "warm" side.

Noctua NH-U12P CPU coolers were currently out of stock at the time of ordering, so this machine bagged itself a Coolit Domino ALC Water cooling system instead. To further the cooling we have also added a extra 120mm fan at the front of the case.

Anyway, its just finishing its burn in phase and then its on its way to Thorin. :)

ooooh it's so purty! I specifically wanted a case without too many flashy neon lights and see-through panels everywhere... but now I'm going to have to hacksaw a hole so I can look at the fancy LCD display thing. :D

Hurry up and get it shipped already ;)

Many thanks again Daman!

Very nice neat install, and many orders of magnitude faster than my old P4! All up and running with Windows 7, it'll take some getting used to after XP, but it's already better than what little I've seen of Vista.

Just need some new games to test it out, everything I have now runs at over 100fps with everything on max!

Thats a very neat install, there something oddly satisfying about scurrying all those cables away. Here is my current effort.

I am debating buying a fancy new Lian Li case or new graphics card at the moment, wish these hobbys didnt cost so much :(.

PC looks great btw.

• 6 months later...

Just a little note, things are still going well :)

Christmas and new year Sale has just kicked in so there are some very well priced systems to be had, coupled with the drop in RAM price and ATI's new 68XX cards now is a good time to be buying a PC. :)

We recently launched an AMD range aimed at offering great value, so again, a lot for your money.

Finally, if you are thinking of ordering a PC for Christmas, please don't leave it to last minute as the industry goes mad this time of year.

• 3 weeks later...

Great website and quality build on Thorin's.

For less than £450 you can have a PC that will excel at gaming over a PS3.

Since MW 1, WaW, MW2 & now Black ops I've played all on my PS3. I played Black ops on my bro's PC recently and there is a notable difference (as well as dedicated servers!!) so was wondering what would I get with the price quoted as it'd mainly be for gaming (mainly COD's) but at this time I cant break the bank so couldnt do much more on the price.

Cheers :thumbs:

Need to give you a call about sorting me out a good gaming rig for around £800-£900 with Windows 7

No problems bud, if its mainly for gaming then the new AMD stuff is hard to ignore, noteably the Chaos AMD Gaming Computer. Give Me a call/PM if you fancy a chat :)

The other option is perhaps the i5 scout or the i5 EOS (ignore the i5 prices, they are due to drop in the next few days)

Great website and quality build on Thorin's.

Since MW 1, WaW, MW2 & now Black ops I've played all on my PS3. I played Black ops on my bro's PC recently and there is a notable difference (as well as dedicated servers!!) so was wondering what would I get with the price quoted as it'd mainly be for gaming (mainly COD's) but at this time I cant break the bank so couldnt do much more on the price.

Cheers :thumbs:

Cheers, Im slightly obsessed with cable management :D

Two options :)

The Eros @ £399 will be up to the task with a slight graphics card upgrade, but if I could convince you, the Enyo has a lot more for your money and would be worth spending the icklle bit more.

Thanks mate, I'll think about it and see how much change I have left after xmas :thumbs:

Your Welcome :)

Before I clear off for crimbo, I thought Id share this with you guys (MKIV.net is the first publishing), A Watercooled range is due out in the new year! Here is a sneak peak :)

http://www.ukgamingcomputers.co.uk/images/gallery/watercooled_small.jpg

http://www.ukgamingcomputers.co.uk/images/gallery/block_size.jpg

http://www.ukgamingcomputers.co.uk/images/gallery/watercooled_side_small.jpg

That water called unit !!:faint::drool: Very nice work with Thorins i7 build also, the free upgrade was a nice touch and will no doubt go along way to promote the site. I've not read every comment, so this may have been mentioned already, but how about how about adding another rating bar for "overclocking" to rate is overclocking ability. Obv some overclock better than others, so it'd be a nice feature to be able to see a rating of how much you could reasonably clock before heat etc becomes an issue.

Well done with the site though, i may well be using it in the new year :thumbs:

very nice. i remember you talking about this a few years ago at the southend meet :p

i remember my pc years ago with watercooling. a big fishtank pump. that buzzed like crazy and vibrated my desk. a big rather crude rad that looked a bit like something that came out of a car painted blue and big thick pipes that were a pain in the arse to route in the right place :p It was cool but after a while i got a wierd buildup in the pipes so they stopped being seethrough. so i ditched it when i next rebuilt. made it all myself it was a bit like home plumbing attaching all the connectors with tape so they didnt leak :p

I noticed thorins build has a solid state drive. i saw one the other day for sale but dont recall the price. what are they like? they are a bit new to me tbh and i havent seen them used yet. I assume they are used for the OS for super quick boot up? and for memory heavy apps that take a while to load like games?

My pc is out of action because of another hard drive failiure. Im hoping to rebuild it after xmas. My cpu and ram and gpu are a few years old but adiquate for the games i play (tf2 is realy all i play.) I need to minimise/organise my hard drives. most of them are small in size and starting to fail. But i have a lot of them. 3 externals and 3 more internal i think. Would something like that drive be a good idea? coupled with a tb sata drive? (or i might even need 2)

That rig looks really tidy both of them... But the water cooled one i like :) Im looking at building myself a custom water cooled system next year using the corsair case.

The cable managment looks great bud... Much better than i could do with my puney Ninehundred case with so much in there (ramed is an understatment lol) :

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/8061/20101224003.jpg

I was thinking of modifying the case by drilling big holes for the cables to be tucked around the other side. But knowing my luck i will totally mess it up lol

That water called unit !!:faint::drool: Very nice work with Thorins i7 build also, the free upgrade was a nice touch and will no doubt go along way to promote the site. I've not read every comment, so this may have been mentioned already, but how about how about adding another rating bar for "overclocking" to rate is overclocking ability. Obv some overclock better than others, so it'd be a nice feature to be able to see a rating of how much you could reasonably clock before heat etc becomes an issue.

Well done with the site though, i may well be using it in the new year :thumbs:

Thats a good idea, I like that :)

I have a go ahead from the wife in principle, are you around Monday or Tuesday for a quick chat

Affraid not mate, with it being bank holiday I was sat at home with my feet up. Normal business has resumed though :mobile:

very nice. i remember you talking about this a few years ago at the southend meet :p

i remember my pc years ago with watercooling. a big fishtank pump. that buzzed like crazy and vibrated my desk. a big rather crude rad that looked a bit like something that came out of a car painted blue and big thick pipes that were a pain in the arse to route in the right place :p It was cool but after a while i got a wierd buildup in the pipes so they stopped being seethrough. so i ditched it when i next rebuilt. made it all myself it was a bit like home plumbing attaching all the connectors with tape so they didnt leak :p

I noticed thorins build has a solid state drive. i saw one the other day for sale but dont recall the price. what are they like? they are a bit new to me tbh and i havent seen them used yet. I assume they are used for the OS for super quick boot up? and for memory heavy apps that take a while to load like games?

My pc is out of action because of another hard drive failiure. Im hoping to rebuild it after xmas. My cpu and ram and gpu are a few years old but adiquate for the games i play (tf2 is realy all i play.) I need to minimise/organise my hard drives. most of them are small in size and starting to fail. But i have a lot of them. 3 externals and 3 more internal i think. Would something like that drive be a good idea? coupled with a tb sata drive? (or i might even need 2)

Things have definately moved on a bit :)

SSD's expensive but damn well worth it. Normal Drives are the bottle neck on any modern PC, SSD's bring that up to date. The general rule is to get a small one, pop an OS on it along with important programs and games and then stick everything else on a normal drive. Your idea is perfect :)

That rig looks really tidy both of them... But the water cooled one i like :) Im looking at building myself a custom water cooled system next year using the corsair case.

The cable managment looks great bud... Much better than i could do with my puney Ninehundred case with so much in there (ramed is an understatment lol) :

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/8061/20101224003.jpg

I was thinking of modifying the case by drilling big holes for the cables to be tucked around the other side. But knowing my luck i will totally mess it up lol

Just hang on until you get your new case, its not like you can see inside of the 300's. :)

We had a CP machine in here just before crimbo for a repair/upgrade as the customer was so 'cheesed' of with them! :D

Things are going fantastically tbh, its been hard work, still is but i'm confident we have the the lowest return rate in the industry and our customers speak very highly of us so we must be doing something right :) The new AMD stuff is proving popular, why we didn't launch it all sooner I don't know! I have high hopes of the new Water cooled range come the new year so things are looking bright for UKGC.

Im guessing you found work in the end? Same kinda thing or completely moved away from IT SI?

We had a CP machine in here just before crimbo for a repair/upgrade as the customer was so 'cheesed' of with them! :D

Probably because im not their engineer anymore haha.

I know the courier they use very well and he told me they still have not replaced me. That means they still only have 3 people who work there, 2 bosses (one is accounts the other is more technical), 1 girl who builds.

Anyways I hope your success continues, I can tell you have put in the effort & hours.

I start working for Cable and Wireless on the 4th jan, With me being no good with networks and not being able to get my head around all the hard stuff I dont think I will ever earn over 20k so I thought I would try Telecomms, as with a few years experience I could be earning 25k. Also the company is spot on they know how to look after thier employees. The job is full of perks although im having to take a pay drop now It will be best in the long run.

If you had anything else to ask im only a PM away and like I said before I hope you continue to progress matey.

Sent my order as discussed today Daman, nice talking to you, shame it couldnt be a longer call, I wasnt stoped in the best place.

Hopefully thats the best option for that sort of money

Looking forward to going out and getting Crysis and Crysis 2 and being able to play them properly

Cheers Rog