The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cheap 4.7 TT

JamieP

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That being said, the motor may work for whomever buys it, I can't say with certainty one way or another. But I also can't point to anything that would assure a potential purchaser of what they are getting; without that, the motor has essentially no value. So I am selling the turbo kit for a reasonable price, ±$3000 USD, and the motor comes with it as a throw-away. If it works, great; if not, they have no beef with me as I didn't (and couldn't) warrant anything regarding the motor.

Chris

I've offered to buy back the motor and turbo kit at this price and I can transfer the funds today. I've also called and left a message at your number.

Thanks,

Eric

Guest elitecustombody

cowboy, why don't you offer Chris what he spent on it? You'll get some of the respect back .

Chris, I just can't believe you're giving it away like that

If you are considering buying i would read that thread first.

yep read it, but was going to use the engine as a N/A for my TVR . THE 4.2L lump in it has seen better days. I was looking round for a 4L version of the engine, but saying this i can see where you are coming from.

Guest elitecustombody
Because it's a custom project ordered with custom parts and built with custom labor. As with any corporation in America, there's a no return policy on custom items. This item is no different. That's how business works and being a business owner yourself you should know that.

I'm sorry,I'd rather not listen to your advice on how business should work.And I have no problem taking my widebody shell back and giving you back your freshly rebuilt motor/turbo and nicely cleaned parts,the way I should have gotten them. And I'll even offer to remove all your parts off it,so you don't even have to sweat.Let me know when you're ready.

Stefan

Maybe you should.. see I've met a lot of people like you. Insanely talented, but really, really should be working for someone else. And yes, I know that why you took 24 months to finish the car instead of the quoted two years, it's clear that you wanted it for yourself. But sorry, this is a deal you yourself proposed, and we both agreed on the trade. Remember... you approached me, and there is such a thing as due dillegence. As far as I'm concerned we've completed our agreement a year ago and ther is nothing else to discuss. Good day sir.

Guest elitecustombody

Thanks for the compliment,

Yes, I was the one,who inquired,but the rest is bunch of BS,in Nov of 2008 we made a deal to where I supply my 97 tt shell with 1.5 inches widened quarters to fit bigger wheel/tire combo and a quick respray,nothing fancy,just a clean paint job,no body kit,keeping the body completely stock, And at the time the deal was made,I made it clear to you that I will only start working on it after New Year, few months later you finally briought wheels and tires that literally stick out 6 inches out of the fenders and quarters.So me being stupid and polite,instead of telling you to find wheels that we could use to keep stock body and just widen the rear 1.5 inch per our original agreement ,I kept quiet ,on top of that, I used my connections to get the flares,skirts and front bumper at cost ,then dealing with all that mess to make the body fit over the oversized wheels ,that's where this type of work will take serious time,so at that time I figured to make sure everything must be done at the highest level of quality,counless hours went into just making sure both sides are symmetric ,

So because of your wrong width/off-set wheels you try to blame me for taking my time to make sure the body work goes with your wrong wheels? Great!

For the record,it didn't take 2 years and 6 moths,but 1 year and 6 or 7 months.I have all PM's and emails,all my pics have time stamp too.

Stefan

Thanks for the compliment,

Yes, I was the one,who inquired,but the rest is bunch of BS,in Nov of 2008 we made a deal to where I supply my 97 tt shell with 1.5 inches widened quarters to fit bigger wheel/tire combo and a quick respray,nothing fancy,just a clean paint job,no body kit,keeping the body completely stock, And at the time the deal was made,I made it clear to you that I will only start working on it after New Year, few months later you finally briought wheels and tires that literally stick out 6 inches out of the fenders and quarters.So me being stupid and polite,instead of telling you to find wheels that we could use to keep stock body and just widen the rear 1.5 inch per our original agreement ,I kept quiet ,on top of that, I used my connections to get the flares,skirts and front bumper at cost ,then dealing with all that mess to make the body fit over the oversized wheels ,that's where this type of work will take serious time,so at that time I figured to make sure everything must be done at the highest level of quality,counless hours went into just making sure both sides are symmetric ,

So because of your wrong width/off-set wheels you try to blame me for taking my time to make sure the body work goes with your wrong wheels? Great!

False, incorrect, and flat out wrong.. I showed you the wheels before I bought, and you said go for it. You even complimented the wheel choice on Supraforums. Do you honestly believe that I or anyone would purchase wheels for their body man BEFORE running it by them? No sir.. you green lighted those wheels all the way. "Great choice!" you said. More victim nonsense.

For the record,it didn't take 2 years and 6 moths,but 1 year and 6 or 7 months.I have all PM's and emails,all my pics have time stamp too.

Stefan

October 2006, you approach me with a deal to trade my recently dynoed 2jz built longblock + turbo kit for a Supra widebody rolling chassis.

November 2006, we made the deal with a 10 week completion time estimate,

December 2007, I remove my running 2jz and sell my white Supra, no turning back now,

April 2008, STILL no work done and I try to allow you to gracefully back out of the deal. I even embark on the two hour trip to come pick up my wheels (which you approved and encouraged) but you call and say don't worry we'll get it done by July, or August at the latest. I agree but am starting to ge the feeling that all those people who warned me against doing business with you may be right,

December 2008, hardly any work done, Christmas comes and goes

February 2008, FINLLY I get to pickup the raw shell, but he fenders, hood, hatch, front bumper, rear bumper, left door and right door aren't touched. Lovely

October 2008, I bring the car back to you to finally fit the fenders, hood, hatch, front bumper, rear bumper, left door, and right door. Lovely.

November 2008, I pick up the car FINALLY two years later and truck it off.

Seems like 24 months to me, sir. But no matter because that 10 week time frame was shot to hell long ago anyways. I don't care about your PM's, you know how to make PM's say anything you want them to, but I know how it went down and I know that this car costed me thousands of real (folding) money on top of the work done. Does it matter now? Hell no. Because do you honestly think I would recommend your work without telling them all about how the deal turned south due to you taking two years to complete the job AND all this nonsense your perpetrating now?

Let me bring you up to speed. Our deal (the one that you asked for) is complete. It ended a year ago. Now you have what you asked for and I have what I asked for. Here in America, that's called business.

As Steve said

You're most welcome to join and post on this UK forum but please keep your discussion/dispute with cowboy bebop to more appropriate channels: he said she said never goes down well, especially if it's just spilled over from another forum where it got nowhere. Posting a personal dispute on this public forum based on what boils down to personal opinion will just get dozens of people who know very little substance about the matter drawn into it, associating our forum in the process - and that never goes well for anyone involved.

I'm sure at least one if not both parties feels wrongly done by and I'm also sure there are two sides to every story, but to be blunt I don't really want to hear either.

This goes for both of you: PM each other, take it elsewhere, start some sort of legal proceedings if that's what's appropriate, but don't wash your dirty laundry in public.

It STILL applies here.

Guest elitecustombody
False, incorrect, and flat out wrong.. I showed you the wheels before I bought, and you said go for it. You even complimented the wheel choice on Supraforums. Do you honestly believe that I or anyone would purchase wheels for their body man BEFORE running it by them? No sir.. you green lighted those wheels all the way. "Great choice!" you said. More victim nonsense.

October 2006, you approach me with a deal to trade my recently dynoed 2jz built longblock + turbo kit for a Supra widebody rolling chassis.

November 2006, we made the deal with a 10 week completion time estimate,

December 2007, I remove my running 2jz and sell my white Supra, no turning back now,

April 2008, STILL no work done and I try to allow you to gracefully back out of the deal. I even embark on the two hour trip to come pick up my wheels (which you approved and encouraged) but you call and say don't worry we'll get it done by July, or August at the latest. I agree but am starting to ge the feeling that all those people who warned me against doing business with you may be right,

December 2008, hardly any work done, Christmas comes and goes

February 2008, FINLLY I get to pickup the raw shell, but he fenders, hood, hatch, front bumper, rear bumper, left door and right door aren't touched. Lovely

October 2008, I bring the car back to you to finally fit the fenders, hood, hatch, front bumper, rear bumper, left door, and right door. Lovely.

November 2008, I pick up the car FINALLY two years later and truck it off.

Seems like 24 months to me, sir. But no matter because that 10 week time frame was shot to hell long ago anyways. I don't care about your PM's, you know how to make PM's say anything you want them to, but I know how it went down and I know that this car costed me thousands of real (folding) money on top of the work done. Does it matter now? Hell no. Because do you honestly think I would recommend your work without telling them all about how the deal turned south due to you taking two years to complete the job AND all this nonsense your perpetrating now?

Let me bring you up to speed. Our deal (the one that you asked for) is complete. It ended a year ago. Now you have what you asked for and I have what I asked for. Here in America, that's called business.

Showing pictures of wheels doesn't help me ,even some of the best wheel makers can't get their specs right and people end up cutting or rolling their fenders ,without physically fitting them on the car,I was hoping that they would work assuming you did some checking as far as how they fit on stock MKIV chassis ,so don't even go there, ALL I had to go off of is your pictures.

And yet you still rudely keep ignoring the fact that because of the wrong sized wheel/tire combo the original deal that we stroke was out the window the minute I got these wheel on the car, why can you not get that through your thick scull?

Once again,I'll remind you,I told you in November of 06 that I will not start working on it till after New Year of 2007,

I need to make it clear to you, no builder wants to start any widening on the body without wheels/tires, I got the wheels from you in mid January of 2007.

Here is how they looked on completely stock MKIV body just to remind you,because you seem keep forgetting why it took time to get the body fitted around them

Once I got the monster wheels, we were looking for flares,bumpers and side skirts , I waited on you to bring me the kit, after a while you brought the worst DoLuck copy I have ever seen and I told you I will not work with that garbage,it was bad enough I had to deal with the moster wheels/tires, is that my fault you didn't want to spend few grand to atleast buy a Genuine Do Luck parts to make it easier for me? Then I go out of my way and get Buddy Club to build the flares, Then I take you to one of my good friend's warehouse to pick sides and bumper,

The car was completed and you picked it up on my brother's Birthday October 4th,do you not remember,I told you that I should have been at my brother's birthday party instead of working on this car.

Yes I admit,digging through the photos and looking at time stamps,I was off by few months ,but that still doesn't change the fact that with monster wheels the original deal was out the window the minute I got the wheels on the car, you should get that by now.

Main reason I left doors and front end off is to avoid any dents and scratches when you were installing the drivetrain and the rest of parts to make it a running car, so don't even play that.BTW,the hatch was on the car painted and colorsanded and polished to a wet black mirror,do you want me to post a pic?

All high-end builders know not to install any body parts on the shell while fitting engine,wiring e.t.c. to avoid any scratches to fresh paint

A deal is complete? where is my new Fluidyne radiator? You picked up the blown up from the blown head gasket damaged radiator that you tried sneaking in on me,I still don't have it, where is the HKS DLI harness?

Edited by elitecustombody (see edit history)

Guys, enough is enough!

This is the last time before I lock this thread. We have repeatedly ask for you guys to keep your dispute off this public forum.

Can it not be moved to members only section or is that simply not sufficent?

I'm not trying to stir the pot here, but it does make interesting reading.

Can it not be moved to members only section or is that simply not sufficent?

I'm not trying to stir the pot here, but it does make interesting reading.

I agree :thumbs:

Some good information also in the thread in regards to this type of build. Hope you both manage to sort out this dispute amongst yourselfs. As both Steve and Gav have mentioned this is not the best place to find a solution to the problems you have with your deals.