The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lexus LF-A @ full throttle

bodilx6

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be a flop at that price. People are brand snobs when it comes to cars. Lexus does not have a sports car heritage that can justify this cars cost. It's spec and performance can be delivered from cars on the market at 1/3 the price. Why buy it? Is it that unique that you would buy one out of interest??

They would have been better making a slower car based on the Supra heritage which has a pre existing customer and fan base. 0-60 in 4.2 from a v6 or v8 with 4wd would have been nice. Who cares about top speeds over 200mph, probably going to be limited to 155mph anyway so why bother. Oh and yes, sub £100k so that one day I might have a chance of owning one!!

Sorry for the misserable post. I just wish Toyota would do a car like the Supra again. Sure it has it's faults but it had good performance at a reasonable price. In it's day it put nearly every other car manufacturer to shame, mainly the overprice shite coming from Germany and Italy!!

They would have been better making a slower car based on the Supra heritage which has a pre existing customer and fan base. 0-60 in 4.2 from a v6 or v8 with 4wd would have been nice. Who cares about top speeds over 200mph, probably going to be limited to 155mph anyway so why bother. Oh and yes, sub £100k so that one day I might have a chance of owning one!!

I agree with your point, although 4WD?! No thank you.

4WD seems to be the thing now? I love RWD but has it had it's day? Would you not trade the drifting for better traction and all out handling and performance?

It's not all about drifting, but being able to balance the car mid-corner and correct angles. 4WD means transmissions losses as well, and substantial amounts of extra weight. Also, unless extremely advanced, understeer is a problem.

Pretty much all race cars are RWD - there's a reason for that.

It's not all about drifting, but being able to balance the car mid-corner and correct angles. 4WD means transmissions losses as well, and substantial amounts of extra weight. Also, unless extremely advanced, understeer is a problem.

Pretty much all race cars are RWD - there's a reason for that.

Fair point. I'm in no real position to comment as I neither drive my Supra as it's limits regularly enough and have only had one spirited drive in a performance 4WD car (GT-R). Not really a fair comparison I suppose.

Fair point. I'm in no real position to comment as I neither drive my Supra as it's limits regularly enough and have only had one spirited drive in a performance 4WD car (GT-R). Not really a fair comparison I suppose.

The GT-R 4WD system is actually an exception to the rule, as it's not permanent 4WD. The torque is only converted to the front wheels when the back ones lose traction. Best of both worlds in terms of traction, but not in terms of weight or mid-corner correction or (IMO) driveability :)