Celica faced widebody project

Guest blueangel

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No mate, being metal and shiney makes a massive difference.

A very simple analogy is the models who get the all over paint. They have to leave a patch on their back for the body to regulate its temperature. The paint acts as an insulator regardless of what colour it is.

Black dissipates the heat far less than silver does, silver would be a marked improvement but it will still be rubbish compared to metallic.

Ah right, I'm with you now, more to do with the actual paint coating. I see that.

Not a good idea painting an intercooler black. It won't radiate the heat and efficiency will be massively affected.

For the same surface temperature the black will radiate heat better.

However, the conduction of heat from inside the cooler to the outer most surface (the paint in this case) will be reduced depending on the paint used.

Edited by dandan (see edit history)

Guest blueangel

i cant wait till its finished now or just in paint will do lol.

Some of the body gaps are a little shaky im trying to sort them out but im a novice so its taking time.

Doors are off at the mo due to a reworking of the mirrors and the hinges.

Im almost done on the custom seat brackets and also a 1 off set of tail lights which will completly renew the look of the arse.

Guest blueangel

dunno on cost dude ive not really totalled it up for this car lol, i have a garage full of parts for it mainly carbon and also my loft is full.

Putting the lights in has mainly been filler work and glass fibre and a little fun lol.

The car is going to be a brilliant pearl white with carbon accents the white will be white not creamy colour like most pearls.

Guest blueangel

way too much work dude maybe a pro could do it with less effort but you have to change the whole structure in the front welding in new parts then the wings bonnet and bumper and im still not sure if it will pass the mot lol.

way too much work dude maybe a pro could do it with less effort but you have to change the whole structure in the front welding in new parts then the wings bonnet and bumper and im still not sure if it will pass the mot lol.

Nah, the MOT is such a basic (i.e. low) standard to achieve, I'm sure this will have no problems. As long as nothing drops off on the garage floor in front of the tester, I'm sure it'll go fine!

I think its going to need to be SVA approved as youve modified the front structure...

Guest blueangel

its only the 2 struts across the top of the old lights and to be honest its stronger now than ever really

That looks brilliant, it's great that people are not afraid to do something different. I had a gen7 celica with this lights (eBay by any chance) they were the best bit of the car, I hope it isn't too much of a pain changing the light bulbs when they go....

good luck mate