The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Celica faced widebody project

Guest blueangel

Guest blueangel

Im playing with the wing mirrors at the minute and trying to revise the shape but like Nevins says this is just in my spare time right now i have numerous projects in production so i dont get huge amounts of time.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the whole front is fibreglass with a carbon bonnet ive painted the bonnet but left the 2 side vents in carbon.The front wings are do-luck wide arches and due to the age of them they are being a nightmare to get the gaps right with the bonnet.

Now the bonnet and front end is sorted im now on with the wings and working my way round the body just finishing things up , ive taken the doors off and will sort those after but putting primer on a few parts has revived my will to do this lol as it has taken forever and just want to drive it now lol.

Its going to look great when its finished mate,I cant wait to see it finished.Have you decided on colour yet?

dude i wouldnt go for mirrors like that, so thin? one nock from someone walking past will probably take them off, or at the most crack them?

anywho the design is real cool, keep up the good work...ive been rebuilding mine for over 2 years now, long but going to be worth it:D

Guest blueangel
dude i wouldnt go for mirrors like that, so thin? one nock from someone walking past will probably take them off, or at the most crack them?

anywho the design is real cool, keep up the good work...ive been rebuilding mine for over 2 years now, long but going to be worth it:D

Lol the mirrors are going slimmer no need to worry about strengh they have a steel frame inside the outer skin:cool:

WHY??? IMO Surely if you like the look of a celica you buy a celica? I bought the supra because I like the look of a supra...i dont want to make it look like something else or a kitcar...saying that good luck with it and hope it stays accident free...It looks good ..but worth all that work ??

Thats what I meant Scott,all that work ..then some numpty in a rover 200 comes along and bumps you...its gonna be a pain in the arse of a repair job..I know ,it happened to me in my mr-2 355 kit.

cant help noticing the irony here mate, you "dont want to make it look like something else" then claim to have owned the ultimate in naffness an MR2 dressed up as a Ferrari :taped:

Guest blueangel
cant help noticing the irony here mate, you "dont want to make it look like something else" then claim to have owned the ultimate in naffness an MR2 dressed up as a Ferrari :taped:

It could be looked at that way, but the way i saw it was he likes the look of the supra and wouldnt change it.

I too like the look of the supra its a stunning car but im afraid its starting to look a little dated on the front so the new headlights help out and also due to the slimmer design of the lights it makes the already wide front look just that bit bigger.

Lol if folk dont like the front lights you wait till you see my new revision of led tail lights just for mine lol:cool::eyebrows:

Thats the point I was making,if youd read the thread properly.More bother than its worth sometimes.. saying that a 355 kits takes 2/3 of your insurance costs and trebles the value of the car..Im speaking from experience,unlike yourself...whats naff about a kitcar/replica in your opinion?

It could be looked at that way, but the way i saw it was he likes the look of the supra and wouldnt change it.

I too like the look of the supra its a stunning car but im afraid its starting to look a little dated on the front so the new headlights help out and also due to the slimmer design of the lights it makes the already wide front look just that bit bigger.

Lol if folk dont like the front lights you wait till you see my new revision of led tail lights just for mine lol:cool::eyebrows:

I know what you mean, the front end is getting dated now, and for people who like to customize their ride, this is what we go for, custom bits and bobs to make ours stand out a little from the crowd, ive gone for a custom back end with a veilside front and veilside eyelids on mine, weird combo but i love being different and it looks good to imo:)

couldn't agree more thats why i was interested, keep up the good work :D

Thats the point I was making,if youd read the thread properly.More bother than its worth sometimes.. saying that a 355 kits takes 2/3 of your insurance costs and trebles the value of the car..Im speaking from experience,unlike yourself...whats naff about a kitcar/replica in your opinion?

nothing at all wrong with kit cars, however if you really need me to explain whats wrong with an old Toyota masquerading as a Ferrari i think we better leave it at that :(

• 4 weeks later...
Guest blueangel

nothing new at the minute, the intercooler has been sprayed satin black and had the end caps powdercoated black to go with the pipework.

Guest blueangel
Not a good idea painting an intercooler black. It won't radiate the heat and efficiency will be massively affected.

i'll see how it goes didnt think of it like that lol i have an intake thermometer will see what a diff it makes

Not a good idea painting an intercooler black. It won't radiate the heat and efficiency will be massively affected.

I understand what you're saying, as black absorbs rather than dissipates, but would it make that much difference; as it’s the air passing through the cooler that counts, no?

I understand what you're saying, as black absorbs rather than dissipates, but would it make that much difference; as it’s the air passing through the cooler that counts, no?

No mate, being metal and shiney makes a massive difference.

A very simple analogy is the models who get the all over paint. They have to leave a patch on their back for the body to regulate its temperature. The paint acts as an insulator regardless of what colour it is.

Black dissipates the heat far less than silver does, silver would be a marked improvement but it will still be rubbish compared to metallic.