Celica faced widebody project

Guest blueangel

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WHY??? IMO Surely if you like the look of a celica you buy a celica? I bought the supra because I like the look of a supra...i dont want to make it look like something else or a kitcar...saying that good luck with it and hope it stays accident free...It looks good ..but worth all that work ??

Little bit of filler to sharpen out the rad where the headlight meets the wing and it will be job done IMO. The gap looks a little unsightly at the moment.

Cracking work being done. Not my taste in styling but can appreciate the work here.

Little bit of filler to sharpen out the rad where the headlight meets the wing and it will be job done IMO. The gap looks a little unsightly at the moment.

Cracking work being done. Not my taste in styling but can appreciate the work here.

Thats what I meant Scott,all that work ..then some numpty in a rover 200 comes along and bumps you...its gonna be a pain in the arse of a repair job..I know ,it happened to me in my mr-2 355 kit.

Thats what I meant Scott,all that work ..then some numpty in a rover 200 comes along and bumps you...its gonna be a pain in the arse of a repair job..I know ,it happened to me in my mr-2 355 kit.

Acutally if anything these kind of fibreglass parts are easy to fix if damaged, blending paint isnt that hard either.

i find it harder to repair when you get a damagd metal panel with a crease or deformed shape.

Acutally if anything these kind of fibreglass parts are easy to fix if damaged, blending paint isnt that hard either.

i find it harder to repair when you get a damagd metal panel with a crease or deformed shape.

Surely if it was that easy a job ,the project wouldve been completed already?Metal panels can be changed and painted in a day...I agree it will look great when finished....Imo the supra has already got good clasic shaped headlamps,they suit the car.imo Im also sure this angular headlamp trend ,sports cars cars have at the moment,will pass,and we will all be back to the future again with nice rounded lamps...lol.

;)

Fibreglass is simple to repair, metal kinks and thats it, thats when lots of swearing happens

This has been in progress since last summer..I think you'd have to be very handy and diy,or very friendly with your local bodyshop to pay this bill....either way it is taking a long time to finish...not sure how insurance companies would view these changes..Like I say Im sure it will look stunning when finished.Id be scared to drive it incase that old guy in the rover 200 I mentioned earlier forgets what side or the road he drives on...;)

Guest blueangel

the whole front is fibreglass with a carbon bonnet ive painted the bonnet but left the 2 side vents in carbon.The front wings are do-luck wide arches and due to the age of them they are being a nightmare to get the gaps right with the bonnet.

Now the bonnet and front end is sorted im now on with the wings and working my way round the body just finishing things up , ive taken the doors off and will sort those after but putting primer on a few parts has revived my will to do this lol as it has taken forever and just want to drive it now lol.