The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

Awesome work bud!

That turbo looks perfect in your bay :D

Are you going to fit the intake pipe as well?

No mate, I'm not going to bother with the intake pipe. I'll probably sell it on.

Did you get that belly pan sent out, nothing has arrived as yet.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Spend a couple if hours on the car tonight.

When I stripped my engine down the crank pulley was so tight on the crank nose I bust 2 crank pullers trying to get it off. I ended taking it out with the crank and had it pushed off with a 50 tonne press. Sounds extreme I know but it's the only way it would come off.

So when refitting it, I checked the bore size with an inside mic and the crank nose with an outside mic and it turns out the pulley was .004" smaller than the crank nose.

So I honed out the pulley .006" to give myself .002" clearance to get it over the crank. Worked a treat. A little oil and it slid on Nicely when I nipped up the crank bolt :)

When my turbo was delivered, the box must have been dropped at some point and it had cracked the v-band joint on the snail so I had that in work last night to get a slither of weld put around the inside to hold it all tight.

The v-band clamp and other flange was left on to keep it all square whilst welding.

Fitted a -3an fitting to the front of the turbo for the vac reference for my boost control solenoid.

I also tidied up a few bits and had a good clean up too. I'm having a good session on the car Friday so hopefully will get quite a bit done before I lock the garage door for over the Xmas break.

Had the turbo oil feed made up after work this morning. I prefer to use crimped fittings for fluids instead of aeroquip, just a little more piece of mind really knowing there's no chance of a leak.

I had 1 end crimped, them I fitted the thermo-sleeve before crimping the other end.

And fitted.

I lke it :p i think it looks neat

Lets be honest John it's in everyone's eyes other than your own they do look pretty damn neat :D

Mr OCD strikes again :p

It looks neater that heat reflecting tape that's for sure and odviously does a job very well. BUT, if the braided line could take the heat then I'd rather have a that on show that a shiney silver sleeve. It's the neatest product on the market right now I agree but if I didn't need it, it wouldn't be there.

It looks neater that heat reflecting tape that's for sure and odviously does a job very well. BUT, if the braided line could take the heat then I'd rather have a that on show that a shiney silver sleeve. It's the neatest product on the market right now I agree but if I didn't need it, it wouldn't be there.

It would look better with just the braided line, without the added silver foil :D:p

John, have you got and intercooler pipe to come off the bottom of that turbo made up? if not i have one in the garage that might be perfect with the flange and clamp on it.

Thanks for the offer mate. I literally ordered a pipe and flange yesterday for it :(

Was it off your billet 42 turbo? If I remember right that's a 3" v-band, this 47 is a 3.5" v-band.

Got on with a few bits today.

Relocated the Syvecs Cal switches in the glovebox, next to the fusebox, because I didn't like where I'd fitted them under the head unit.

Auxiliry belt in place.

Finally I rebuilt the drivers side caliper after paint.

Fitted the disc.

All back together.

Finally this is how she's looking at present.

Thanks for the offer mate. I literally ordered a pipe and flange yesterday for it :(

Was it off your billet 42 turbo? If I remember right that's a 3" v-band, this 47 is a 3.5" v-band.

Measures over 4" across the flange mate, if its any good let me know and I will send out.

http://just.razzi.me/photos/906088/19b8856.jpg

http://just.razzi.me/photos/906081/19b8856.jpg