The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dan's Supra Project

dandan

Dan

have you got the vacuum connected up off the exhaust yet, really interested what you find with these mate

Not yet Paul,

I'm waiting for the tank but the real hold up will be the bendable aluminium pipe to go to the exhaust connections - seems to be a bit of a shortage for it in the UK at the moment :(

I'm very keen to connect it up and see how it works too.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

0.9 bar wastegate spring fitted now - thanks for that Hodge :)

I also made a good bit of progress on the Aquamist 2S water injection installation. I need to wire a master switch into the dash next but am going to wait until I have the Solaris rotary switch from Ryan so I don't have to pull the dash out twice....hopefully I can finish it all towards the end of the week.

CIMG3448a.JPG

A little bit of positive progress:

- I have some aluminium tubing and fittings on order for the breather conenction to the exhaust

- New plugs are on order ready for mapping

- Catch tank is close to completion

- Water injection is 90% done barring a switch and connecting to the Solaris

- Second rotary switch is coming from Ryan

- Dash switch blanking plates are coming from Steve manley (to tidy up dash area while it's in pieces)

All of these things should be here by the end of the week so hopefully this weekend I can finish everythng and also I will only have to remove the dash panels once (to fit rotary switch for Solaris, rocker switch for Aquamist and warning LED for Aquamist).

Then all that is left is to sort out the MAP sensor next time I see Ryan and that should tie in with a trip to SRR :D

Nice work Dan, any ideas where is the best place to buy some ally sheet, only need to be upto 1.5mm thick.

in my old job i used to have unlimited access to material like this, however i now have to buy it like everyone else :(, for bits and bobs ebay is as good as anywhere :)

Sorry Wes - as Paul says...nowadays I'd probably be looking on Ebay as my first port of call if it's not something I have lying around. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Another mini update - no pics though.

- Cold start and hot start tweaked so hopefully a little better now and less embarrassing when cranking like an old banger :D

- Aluminium tubing and fittings have arrived for breathers :)

- New plugs are fitted ready for mapping :)

- Water injection is on hold for now but pretty much ready to go :)

- Catch tank did not arrive today :(

- Don't have second rotary switch :(

- Dash switch blanking plates haven't arrived so can't fit WI and fog light switches :(

So, for the moment (unless I get super enthusiastic) the car is staying off the road till I at least get the rotary switch and dash blanks. I am not keen on putting the dash panels back in, only to have to pull them all back off again to fit my water injection and Solaris switches.

The missing catch tank isn't a major issue although I want it in before rolling road and final mapping time.

Sweet, nice result Dan, very happy for you :thumbs: What level of boost was that at? Do you know the AIT's (just for reference as it's been damn cold lately!)

Cheers Homer, that was at 1.6bar. Not sure on the temps, it was cold in the workshop - probably about 10degrees but I'm not sure what we were seeing in the intake. Ryan would know better than me.

I have the plots in front of me know - it's actually more like 538lb.ft to be precise :)

The bottom end torque seems pretty strong - I'll upload the plot tomorrow if I can but to give you a rough idea...it makes about 270lb.ft at 3500rpm, 350ft.lb at 4000rpm, and 500lb.ft at 4500rpm.

Edited by dandan (see edit history)

I bet that was entertaining on the way home in this weather :D

I didn't have far to drive home as we did it at Ajec Racing which is very close to me. In actual fact they are close enough to almost keep going back to to check out one modification at a time (assuming Ryan's happy to drive there to do his part).

Ajec has the same rollers as SRR; Ryan has mapped cars on both before so he could comment on whether or not it's a fair comparison from his experiences - anything I say would be hearsay! ;)

Ryan - the cold start was perfect this morning and the temperature was at somewhere between freezing and five degrees. Rather than the revs flying up high and then dropping like a stone it simply purred into life very smoothly, climbing from starter motor speed up to cold idle speed - very smooth and uneventful. :thumbs:

Nice area under the curve Dan :thumbs:

I'm really happy with it - the botom end grunt is just as I had hoped and the power exceeded my (unspoken) aim for 550bhp and my open aim of 520+bhp.

I had a brief browse around for any other runs done at 1.6bar for comparison but can't seem to find any. The closest I can get are Jamie's runs at 1.8bar with and without the billet turbo.

I wanted to make some comparisons with the cast manifold to tubular manifold setups but there aren't any Dyno Dynamics stock cams, 67DBB 1.6bar plots around; it would be a bit of an unfair comparison with anything done at lower boost. :shrug:

Edit: Jamie, do you mind if I post up a comparison to your 1.8bar run before you changed to the 256 cams and the billet compressor wheel?

Edited by dandan (see edit history)

Edit: Jamie, do you mind if I post up a comparison to your 1.8bar run before you changed to the 256 cams and the billet compressor wheel?

This will be the closest one of my car to your car mate, this was the time i made 583 bhp stock cams with greddy intake at 1.5bar, yours looks better than that tbh, well done mate.

I think the 632 bhp graph i was at 100% duty and not the best setup because of it tbh, i just wanted to see how far i could get that setup.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

This will be the closest one of my car to your car mate, this was the time i made 583 bhp stock cams with greddy intake at 1.5bar, yours looks better than that tbh, well done mate.

I think the 632 bhp graph i was at 100% duty and not the best setup because of it tbh, i just wanted to see how far i could get that setup.

Aha - nice one mate, they look very similar. I'll knock up a couple of quick comparisons and post up in a few mins. (Point taken on the 632 setup)