The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Michelin Pilot Sport!

JamieP

R888's are designed for light cars e.g Lotus Elise hence why they last so badly on the supra and even more so on the track.

Irrelevant to that, they are sticky and cheap as chips.

Ive not seen many lotus elise's running 285/30/18's:D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate you`ve been spoiled by the r888`s out and out grip, theres not a "road tyre" on the market that will touch them, also don`t get pirelli p zero- normal they are absolute junk, the rosso isn`t a bad tyre, i won`t know what to use if the r888 is made illegal:(

Mate you`ve been spoiled by the r888`s out and out grip, theres not a "road tyre" on the market that will touch them, also don`t get pirelli p zero- normal they are absolute junk, the rosso isn`t a bad tyre, i won`t know what to use if the r888 is made illegal:(

Im gonna stock pile some:D

I love the Pilot Sport's. My wife has them on her supe and once they have been run in a bit they are the muts nuts. They won't compare to the 888's in the dry but are an amazing tyre. I would have put them on my supe if I could afford them.

Very suprised to hear pilot sports are cr@p. I always thought they were a top notch tyre as I've had them on previous bmw's and was always impressed. Agree with people on the REO50 though as we have them on the 840ci and they never let go, and the bmw is over 1800kg. They will be whats going on the sup next.

Very suprised to hear pilot sports are cr@p. I always thought they were a top notch tyre as I've had them on previous bmw's and was always impressed. Agree with people on the REO50 though as we have them on the 840ci and they never let go, and the bmw is over 1800kg. They will be whats going on the sup next.

Im sure they would be fine on anything under 500bhp.

Im sure they would be fine on anything under 500bhp.

Yes they are fine on my bpu, I was a bit apprehensive before llandow as all 4 Pilot Sports on the car were quite new, but they were super grippy and I didn't lose it once.

Just been out again and i cant stand them, trying to get any power down in second gear is near impossible with my car.

Im gonna order some R888's monday, anyone want these then pm me an offer, if i ignore you its to low:D

Speaking to the M3 boys there's a big difference between Pilot Sports and Pilot Sport 2s. Notably that the PS2's are much better.

My car had Pilot sports on it when I got it and I was always losing traction trying to get away on roundabouts or the M6 toll booth;) so changed over to the GoodYear Assymetrics. Found the GoodYears to be much better and have begun to enjoy the car much more.

It's the Cup version you need, the normal Pilot Sports are just a well made generic road tyre, the Cups are a proper race tyre homologated for road usage and far far better than R888 and P Zero Corsas, especially on a heavy car. My Skyline would have R888's wilting in 3 laps of Donington, Pilot Sport Cups stayed within .5 second a lap for 30 minutes at a time, and were probably a second and half or more a lap quicker, to boot.

Yeh but the cups are stupid money, ok if jamie was doing loads of trackdays then fair enough, but for mainly road use and the odd trackday you can`t beat r888, i bet you`d get about the same mileage aswell, ive also tried the p-zero corsa and weren`t impressed.

Yeh but the cups are stupid money, ok if jamie was doing loads of trackdays then fair enough, but for mainly road use and the odd trackday you can`t beat r888, i bet you`d get about the same mileage aswell, ive also tried the p-zero corsa and weren`t impressed.

Have you tried the Cups yet Si?

My Cups are off my Supe (they needed to be replaced) ... and I am not sure whether to go for them again or to go for R888. I use my Supe only on the road ... but with normal road tires (like the Pirelli P9000 I have on now), I have absolutely no traction in 2nd gear when the turbo comes on full boost.

Luc