The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Burgled - Supe's gone

fatmerecat

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No help to the guy that has lost his car, but it is a perfect reminder for those with Clifford alarms to use the Blakjax (SP) feature.

Hope you get your car back though mate, my keys sleep on the shelf next to my bed, and the shelf is then next to another rather large baseball bat - I have too many baseball bats.

Fatmerecat, sorry to hear about your misfortune, I hope it turns up and their is not to much damage. All members please sleep with your keys under your pillow, I will be keep a close watch on my Supra as I live in Northampton so this could be a possible trend about to start.

Cheers chaps, looking for photo's but I think the one's I want were on a CD in my laptop bag which they nicked on the way out of my house.

Been down to argos for a clamp and autolok, just incase they come back for the clio which they also have keys for.

Once again thanks for the support everyone, it means a lot! :thanks:

My alarm has got BlackJax, apparently.

WTF is it? I thought it was like an in-car panic button or somesuch. :confused:

It is basically a code, that you set, that everytime you get in it, you have to enter, and everytime the door opens you have to enter it. This then stops people with your keys from driving off in the soop, also if you get hijacked and the code is not inputted, then the car will stop a certain distance down the road and sound the alarm. Very good little feature.

Sorry to hear about your Supe, I can't stand burglars, they make me sick, the bloody skivvy drug addict twats. :taped:

My alarm has got BlackJax, apparently.

WTF is it? I thought it was like an in-car panic button or somesuch. :confused:

I think it's the anti-hijack feature.

Every time the engine is running, and the door is opened, you have to key in the code, or 20 seconds or so after you've driven off (Used the steering wheel or brakes), or the car cuts off completely with alarm blaring & lights flashing.

Had it on my last Supe, was brilliant knowing nobody would nick it, but a PITA if you keyed the wrong number in or forgot/panicked!

(The night I bought it, I had to phone the guy twice, panicking asking how to turn it off whilst in a petrol station & a very busy road!) :)

I think im gonna start using Black-jax now too. A right PITA to use everytime you open a door or enter the car but if it saves your car being stolen.....

Matt, Did anyone hear or see anything on your road or had something similar happen to them recently??

Hi mate Im the administrator for Northants Jap Car forum, i was just about to post about what Jap cars i saw today when i saw this thread.

On the way home tonight from Deanshanger, i saw a silver Supra going at a rate of knots at 4.05pm, heading to Buckingham.

Can you post a pic of your car as the reg plate looked very similar.

Sorry to hear this fatmerecat :( It's one on my greatest worries. I always carry the keys to my Supra with me wherever I go. Trouble is by the time I've got those keys, the keys to the motorhome (worth 3 times the Supra, but not quite as fast :) ) and my house/garage/everything else keys, my damn pockets are full and I feel like jailer (No! not literally ;) )

I just hate the bastards that do these things. Hope you get it back in one piece and they catch the scum responsible.

i`ll keep a look out mate,is it you that works on round spinney.as me and carbon kid have seen a silver supra in the area.

the same thing happened to a mate in blisworth last year and they took his civic type r.they wrote it off,when the police caught them one of them did a runner and jumped off a bridge into a river and drowned.