The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Traders here to help or hinder??????????

Guest the cod father

Guest the cod father
Yeah about 5000+posts:read:

And I talk to him like that cos he's a troll - come back Mycroft - at least he added some intellectual input! :stickpoke

Paul

Why is it you have to resort to personal insults is that what the thread is all about well not for me it is not, maybe its because its a bit to close to the bone for you and thats why you are behaving the way you are.

Truth hurts does it?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Paul

Why is it you have to resort to personal insults is that what the thread is all about well not for me it is not, maybe its because its a bit to close to the bone for you and thats why you are behaving the way you are.

Truth hurts does it?

IMHO, I too think that you are a troll. Possibly an existing member who is out to stir up trouble. Either way, you have now had your say so there is no need to keep on to Paul about it eh? :thumbs:

Guest the cod father
IMHO, I too think that you are a troll. Possibly an existing member who is out to stir up trouble. Either way, you have now had your say so there is no need to keep on to Paul about it eh? :thumbs:

Why thanks

I think you don't know what you are talking about. Any Mods please feel free to check to see if I am an existing member or not. Either way I have had my say but it was not me who started the insults as a matter of fact I don't think I have thrown any insults out. Maybe I am saying something that others have wanted to say for a while maybe not but if people can't pass opinion without fear of name calling then its no suprise its not been said before.

A cheap ass? Someones else's inconvenience? Sad when a business doing it?

Since how did me buying a third hand decat pipe for my supra do you any harm and warrant this pathetic tirade?

Wake up and smell the coffee - the guy is a troll trying to stir up trouble and you are obviously grist to his mill

Tell you what Bobbeh - what about the money and profit (yeah right!) i will make from arranging the Japfest meet on behalf of the club and making up the shortfall in track places so that we get to enjoy a supra only run?

God you keyboard terrorists get on my nerves:swear:

Paul... calm the heck down please :)

Where did I mention Miami GT or YOU in any of my post. I am not critising your efforts for the club or anything. I know you've been an active member well before I was around and I appreciate the effort you put in to keeping this all ticking over.

My only gripe is generally, that I feel the 'club'/community/individuals would suffer if traders were out bidding members for used bits just for the sake of a few quid. I cant see how that benefits the club at all.

I am not commenting about what YOU bought or what this 'troll' has missed out on, just generally the idea of bidding on used items. I mean i think I'd be pissed to see the same item re-issued at a later date but being more expensive, but if its going on your car or project car or whatever I couldnt give a shit.

CJ, I only defend against completely bullshit bias and unfactually crap being spouted, it doesnt mean to say I support them. Its the same with the UK spec debate, people come along talking crap about the cars etc and because I try to defend the car/spec with factual info Im get accused of disliking JDM cars which is total crap.

... I mean i think I'd be pissed to see the same item re-issued at a later date but being more expensive, but if its going on your car or project car or whatever I couldnt give a shit.

Then you must have been pissed at me and several others many times eh? Because thats exactly what I have been doing. In saying that, I have also bought crap thinking it would sell on at a profit and had to leave it go cheaper than the purchase price - but I guess that woudl be classed as "pays your money - takes your chance"!?

Exactly. I could do the same with the odd item I have bought in the past, but to me thats not what the club is about. Thats what ebay is for.

If traders (not saying Miami GT is doing this) are bidding on used items only to sell on again to the same people wanting them to skin off £10-20.. I personally think its a bit crap.

Guest the cod father
Exactly. I could do the same with the odd item I have bought in the past, but to me thats not what the club is about. Thats what ebay is for.

If traders (not saying Miami GT is doing this) are bidding on used items only to sell on again to the same people wanting them to skin off £10-20.. I personally think its a bit crap.

Exactly the point I was trying to make!

No hidden agenda, nothing else, I just feel that some of the people on owners clubs drift away from the point they should be aiming for.

But i will say that the Supra net alnog with various other owners clubs are great place to be and are full of some very helpfull people.

I don't see that Paul has done anything wrong or said anything unfair in his 1st reply.

COD only joins to have a bitch at his company! I thought Paul's reply was rather tame tbh.

Paul is still a member and was before he became a trader AND still is eventhough he is a trader now.

I think COD needs to get his/her facts right before you waste the bbs's bandwidth.

i think the guy selling was mad to let it go for £100 thats a real bargain for 2 pipes. people can see all this bickering between traders having sly digs at eachother, i know its driving people away from the board. some good people have left the board who have put lots into the club. its getting like the gtr board on here lol.

what is this going to do to a traders reputation when potentional customers see this going on.

i have the perfect example i bought a bumper of boneyard very cheap so i can add to one of my imports to change its looks and i will now sell the bumper it originally had on cheap.

but i did not jump in front of anyone i hope not

Yes you did...me. was desperate for that bumper. dont mind tho, ill keep on looking and get one eventually. TBH just put an offer in for a house so should really kerb my spending for a bit.

Yes you did...me. was desperate for that bumper. dont mind tho, ill keep on looking and get one eventually. TBH just put an offer in for a house so should really kerb my spending for a bit.

LOL...nah he did gareth, he asked before you mate :)

I too was searching for de-cat pipe and I found one here on the board for a bit more than 100 pounds.

I don't think Paul done anything wrong here but I do see his name a lot in these buying second hand thread. I don't blame Paul for jumping in but blame myself for not having a bedsit on this forum. First come first served!

I feel Paul's response was somewhat to the point however perhaps if the initial post in the thread had been worded in a people friendly manner the thread wouldn't have resorted to this.

The post was too specific and anyone who is human who has been directly attacked will get on the defensive and become emotionally flooded. They will find it very difficult to varify their mind talk and a usual response will be to either attack back or meet the comments with sarcasm.

Perhaps if the post had been posted in a first class manner peoples opinions would have been more objective and the post wouldn't have got so personal.

Instead of this the initial poster has people assuming he is a trouble maker rather than posting what may be a valid point in some members eyes.

I hope this thread doesn't deter Mr Cod from joining the club along with all the other great members on the board ....