The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Traders here to help or hinder??????????

Guest the cod father

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest the cod father
stevie... come see me tonight....

cod...

Okay.. fair enough.. I understand you are a little peeved at the whole thing... these things happen in the world... and perhaps things have been said by ALL the parties weren't completely objective..

I'm sure another bit will come up that you might want, and I'll run interference to make sure Paul E doesn't get it *grin*

On a different note, I would say sign up, pay your £10 and you will find that this is actually a very good place to be, even with the odd hiccup now and then

Gav

Cheers Gav :)

In a free market economy I can see no problem with ANYONE buying ANYTHING here, and whether they make a profit or loss, or keep it on the bathroom shelf is totally irrelevant. As it happens I rarely buy secondhand stuff from this baord, but if i saw what i thought of as a bargain, and saw a profit it in it, I'd have not the slightest problem with buying it and turning a buck on it. I have bought 2 cars from board people in the past, and made a profit on the resale. What if I make a loss, is that better :) I take it Mrs Thatcher didn't do a lot for you? She's my heroine....

Welcome anyway, got anything cheap to flog us, we are mad capitalists here ;)

Hi you all

why not run second hand sales like ebay ,highest bid wins.

That way seller gets good price and buyer who realy wants it gets it.

D.

It's on my todo list to give you the option to auction parts off, but the software isn't free so I want to make sure it's usable/usefull before I buy it.

Guest the cod father

Welcome anyway, got anything cheap to flog us, we are mad capitalists here ;)

Hi Chris

Thanks for the welcome I have an HKS dump valve only £80 for non traders £2000 for traders :D

I see his point, theres supposed to be a sense of community and people helping each other out... it looks a bit of a joke when you see cheap asses trying to make a £ out of anything they can get their hands on at someone elses inconvience, even more sad when its actually a 'business' doing it.

I see his point, theres supposed to be a sense of community and people helping each other out... it looks a bit of a joke when you see cheap asses trying to make a £ out of anything they can get their hands on at someone elses inconvience, even more sad when its actually a 'business' doing it.

Oh come on, wake up and smell the coffee eh?

I buy loads of stuff on here and sell it at a profit. I have never heard anyone complain about that. Like CW says, it is called business. You have exactly the same opportunity to do it too. The fact that you chose not to is irrelevant.

For goodness sake people - grow up!

I had an old intercooler for sale, still worked but not in the best condition. Paul E purchased it off me for a very cheap price, and no doubt with a little work and a polish he can sell it for a tidy profit. But, what if he hadn't. I could have had that sat here for months before someone showed an interest. So for that reason alone I'd I see no problem with traders purchasing stuff even if to sell at a profit. The seller is happy, the buyer is happy, only those that missed out aren't.

Remember that everyone who sells something privately can sell to or refuse to sell to who ever they like. They can also post up saying "I've been offered £x's can anyone do any better" etc etc until they get the price they want. They don't have to sell to a trader just because that trader has shown an interest.

As I said before, sneaky 'PM traders' are my bigger concern. I don't know who they are (as in real life, I get informed of their usernames every so often), and you don't know them from Adam, but they very easily seem like trusted traders to newbies who could get ripped off.

I would have to agree with CW & CJ on this one. I have never bought anything but new parts for my Supra, but thats my choice.

I did sell my 1 month old TRD strut brace on here a month or so back so I could get the Chromed version, but I asked if people was interested then once I had PM's coming in, I told the people interested to give me their highest bid and I would let them know who got it..

It's not difficult or clever, just common sense to sell to the highest bidder and not the first. I'm sure if I offered £50 more than Paul @ miami I would of got the parts etc etc

Anyway you get my point..

Hornet

In reply to the thread title, " Traders here to help or hinder??????????", I would say that all of the traders on this BBS have helped the community by serving a need. At the end of the day, if that need wasn't there, then they would not exist.

But, untimately, they are all here to make money. That's what they pay their traders fee for and set up in busniness for. Now, whether that is by selling brand new goods or by buying and selling second hand goods, is immaterial. If the community feels that the need isn't there for that traders service then he will not do business - simple as that.

Oh come on, wake up and smell the coffee eh?

I buy loads of stuff on here and sell it at a profit. I have never heard anyone complain about that. Like CW says, it is called business. You have exactly the same opportunity to do it too. The fact that you chose not to is irrelevant.

For goodness sake people - grow up!

I appreciate the 'free trade' bit and dont object to people buying whatever they want, I can just understand what hes complaining about :)

:violin:

Cod, it doesnt mean I think you are right, but IMHO there was no need for Paul to talk down to you that way, it wasnt that long ago he was a newbie around here.

Yeah about 5000+posts:read:

And I talk to him like that cos he's a troll - come back Mycroft - at least he added some intellectual input! :stickpoke

Guest Terry S
Yeah about 5000+posts:read:

And I talk to him like that cos he's a troll - come back Mycroft - at least he added some intellectual input! :stickpoke

Posts mean nothing Paul :eek:

I still dont think there was a need to start on the guy

So what do you suggest then B? All sales can only be made to bona fide members only? I know that your politics vere left but c'mon :rolleyes:

Dont jump to such silly conlusions Tango man :) I have NO objections to anyone making money on parts etc, like you selling your cars etc. Thats cool, if you can get some nice motors for people and make a bit on the side in the mean time good luck to ya.

My only comment is a 'club' is usually communal no? and not about everyone out for their own self interest.

Dont jump to such silly conlusions Tango man :) I have NO objections to anyone making money on parts etc, like you selling your cars etc. Thats cool, if you can get some nice motors for people and make a bit on the side in the mean time good luck to ya.

My only comment is a 'club' is usually communal no? and not about everyone out for their own self interest.

The "silly conclusion" was based on your prior posts vigorously defending the present government and deriding the Tories (note your earlier post re. Mrs T). :)

A cheap ass? Someones else's inconvenience? Sad when a business doing it?

Since how did me buying a third hand decat pipe for my supra do you any harm and warrant this pathetic tirade?

Wake up and smell the coffee - the guy is a troll trying to stir up trouble and you are obviously grist to his mill

Tell you what Bobbeh - what about the money and profit (yeah right!) i will make from arranging the Japfest meet on behalf of the club and making up the shortfall in track places so that we get to enjoy a supra only run?

God you keyboard terrorists get on my nerves:swear: