Dude's 2009/2010 Project

dude

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for showing me the car yesterday. You sure made a mess if that diff. I still can't believe that that turbo is a 76, the housing must be 35mm less in diameter than my 74. Sounds like the turbo to go for. Once you have a diff strong enough to cope with the torque and grip of your tires you are going to fly. Great car, well done.

Edited by Terminator (see edit history)

Wasn't a bad shakedown really, the car started to hook up and the launch was looking promising. Bit of a shame the diff didn't hold for that run as Dude reckoned it would've been pretty quick. Might need to tweak the launch in the V-Pro too, 1.2bar on the line may be a bit much :innocent:

Solid mounts and majestic cover is the plan but need to get a built bottom end in there, it's a stock bottom end and you need more revs to make sense of that turbo !!! But 1.8bar by 4500 on road fuel isn't too horrendous, 8500rpms or more will be better :eyebrows:

Quick update the rear subframe is toast, all twisted out of shape, we have another to put straight in but we are going to brace the subframe itself as well as solid mounting the diff and the majestic billet cover.

Ordered the cams Titan race 280 spec, Ferrea valve spring kit and the H Beam rods with huge kin great rod bolts in them and also a veilside type intake and 100mm throttle body.:blink:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Decided to take it apart again, I want to repaint the inner wings and lose some wiring etc, new engine is being built and new inlet and turbo manifolds will be going on.Will prob have to run the washer bottle in the boot so just used the pipe to the rear wash wipe as this is gone, all I need to do is extend it to the boot and fit a suitable reservoir.

151120091075.jpg

151120091076.jpg

Edited by dude (see edit history)

:blink: .... only you .....!!!!

Well I hated the tatty inner wings and bulkhead, wiring was all over the place. On the dyno I wasnt happy with the motor and we could not rev it high enough to take advantage of the turbo so it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Ha. how do you feel about it now you have a workshop full of bits and a motor with a big space in the engine bay again?

I thought it looked great at the AFR day last month :cool:

Never happy until I have them how I want them dude, will get a few little bits of paint done while its in bits.