Dude's 2009/2010 Project

dude

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its got shimless buckets and the cams were fine till we did about 4 runs, we checked the gap and its massive, now quite how the valve gaps increased is a mystery, still these things are sent to try us !!!!! Ive checked the cam lobes and they have not worn at all.

I need to talk to the guys who did the head to see what they reckon.

The cam lobes, if worn, would not effect the clearance, only lessen how much the valves open. If there were some clearance initially the cam on the opposite side to the lobes would not be touching the buckets at all, so should never wear. The only reasons for clearance increase are worn buckets, sticking valves or severe cam journal / bearing wear allowing the cam to move away from the buckets.

Passed you on the M25 last night in a red mk2 golf. Car looked good. Would have waved if i have been in the Supe :)

Ha Ha I can see it now.............................'Look at this Fu***n idiot in the Golf! Whats his problem????'

Hopefullly back on the dyno saturday ready for the next JDS round, we are now fitting a system to the inlet so it achieves boost almost instantly as watching the jap cars at the pod reiterates what I have always said, unless you can build boost instantly you can have the fastest cart in the world but you will never win a race, you just cannot sit on the line for 2 seconds building boost after the green light has come on, there was an R34 and a 33 both big bucks neither seemed to be able to leave on the green with any boost, hell I almost beat one with a 14 sec run and thats a 10 sec car !!!!!! Drag racing is not about the time its the first one to the finish !!!!!!!!

Hopefullly back on the dyno saturday ready for the next JDS round, we are now fitting a system to the inlet so it achieves boost almost instantly as watching the jap cars at the pod reiterates what I have always said, unless you can build boost instantly you can have the fastest cart in the world but you will never win a race, you just cannot sit on the line for 2 seconds building boost after the green light has come on, there was an R34 and a 33 both big bucks neither seemed to be able to leave on the green with any boost, hell I almost beat one with a 14 sec run and thats a 10 sec car !!!!!! Drag racing is not about the time its the first one to the finish !!!!!!!!

Sounds trick mate :cool:

What was the problem with the clearances opening up John?

Well prob the most logical explanation may be by gary of GT Art, he reckons that when the head was shimmed the clearance was checked with a single feeler guage from the plug side, he says on Skylines with very large cams he has to check using 2 guages one either side, anyway its all reshimmed and we are puting it back on in a minute, should be all up and running later with air by pass for proper anti lag. We are going to limit it to around 1000hp on the first meeting.

Interesting theory ;) Can you not give it a whiff of Nitrous Oxide instead of anti lag? Or is that against the class rules? AL is just SO cruel to manifolds and turbos.

Thats the other option and one I prefer, its wether we have time to configure the ecu to run nitrous as part of the 2 step AND down the track.

AL is just SO cruel to manifolds and turbos.

AL doesnt have to be so cruel but its not as impressive to watch :D

When using the AEM I didnt bother with ignition and fuel cut I just used the ignition retard function, it never use to pop and bang and just sounded like I was reving but the turbo spooled over 1bar nice and quick.