Dude's 2009/2010 Project

dude

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Feck me , you still about dude???? How you doin???, we can catch up at the pod or somewhere next year.:)

hi dude keep popping back for a nosey now n then.im ok bought a house and busy working all time got other intrests now still got a broken supra with go faster bits one day might get back into it.

was going to go to pod this year but never got round to it will come along in the summer.good to see some old faces still about.

keep the pics comming great to see projects

Here we go again, its time to build the 3.0L we will start the season with, so heres a few pics of the starting point, a rebored block and nearly new head, I now have all the parts here for this, the crank has been polished and balanced and I am going to use Crower Pro rods with the super duper ARP bolts, Wiseco coated pistons, ARP main studs and ARP 'exotic' head studs, new oil and water pumps, the head will be midly flowed and Ferrea 1mm over ex and in valves fitted with Ti retainers and Ferrea fitting kit, cams are Titan race spec 280's.

We have checked the rods and the balancing is spot on, the rods alone are over 200g lighter than stock and I will weigh the rods and pistons to compare the total weight difference, we are also going to have to use shimless buckets because of the RPM we need to hit and these are much lighter than the stock ones so she should rev nice and easy.

Anyway heres the start of my quest to bne the quickest. We took 0.0015 off the block to 'deck' it and 0.001 off the head to 'face' it, I will try and get the block painted in 2 pack tomorrow so we can start assembly.

031220091104.jpg

Edited by dude (see edit history)