The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I want 200mph

nigelboyne

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mate took me out in his T51 R supra about 3 years ago on a local airfield and had done nothing to the aerodynamics. Got to about 160mph and the car was swaying like a boat and i dont think ive been more scared in a car my entire life. its like that rx7 on youtube trying to break the 200mph mark and gets caught by the wind and flips it 2 or 3 times in the air before destroying the car within seconds. lucky the guy had a rollcage but makes you think how much more you need to think about before gunning the top end.

My car hit 189 mph from standing start in under a mile at bruntingthorpe and was rock steady seemed no different to doing 100 mph so I would say there was something very wrong with your mates car!!!:( The only reason it stopped at that speed was limiter that surfaced in the mines ECU.

My car hit 189 mph from standing start in under a mile at bruntingthorpe and was rock steady seemed no different to doing 100 mph so I would say there was something very wrong with your mates car!!!:( The only reason it stopped at that speed was limiter that surfaced in the mines ECU.

Approximately power were you running at the time?

Built Auto?

hi lads the car at the moment is rock solid 176mph garmin gps. there is another 7/9miles per hour left in her. So 185mph with the mods i have done hks exhaust and 2nd cat replacement pipe.hks type r intercooler kit.hks ecv6 boost controller 1.2 bar. hks ssqv recirculation. greedy fuel cut def. only need roughly another 20mph.Want to eventually go for hks twin turbos gt2835. first i want to see how fast the car can go on stock turbos with hks fuel rail. hksfuel pressure regulator. hks 1000c injectors.hks or titan cam gears with hks cambelt.greedy pulley set with uprated aux belt.twin denso standard fuel pumps. uprated fuel filter.fuel pulsation damper by pass. hks fcon v pro raise limiter to 7500rpm. could i run the uk turbos 1.37 bar /20psi.Told it should be close to 500bhp/prob 470

With stock or hybrid turbo's you're going to see at absolute maxium 450bhp with a hell of a lot of mods and running it on the edge of detting. Injector size doesn't matter once you get to 650cc (maybe even 550cc), they'll never max out on the stock or hybrid setup.

What diff and gearbox do you have fitted? There's no way you'd get a stock turbo'd car to 200mph though.

yes i know that and thanks for input v160 uk standard diff. should get close though will record topspeed on the sat nav. i read the standard internalls can handle 650 /700bhp. So i am thinking with the mods i have mentioned + clutch / rad / hks gt2835 twins it should get to 200mph what you think

yes i know that and thanks for input v160 uk standard diff. should get close though will record topspeed on the sat nav. i read the standard internalls can handle 650 /700bhp. So i am thinking with the mods i have mentioned + clutch / rad / hks gt2835 twins it should get to 200mph what you think

The drivetrain will take 1500bhp dependant on how hard you are on launches, the stock engine less so. With a big twin setup it will reach those sorts of speeds if you have a good and safe map to manage a very long WOT run.

Personally I don't see the point in the very expensive twins when a single setup will deliver the same power and make it a more manageable car on the road (i.e. lower, faster spool). That is unless you want to go further than 600bhp which would ideally need a built engine.

They do 180mph stock, must be something wrong with yours.

I was going to say this too, but held back ;) seeing as you mention it, with 345rwhp on a 6spd it will (should) do more than 176mph. I guess you ran of of runway ;)

A totally stock 6spd will do 176mph with "only" around 250rwhp, but needs a very long racetrack.

The drivetrain will take 1500bhp dependant on how hard you are on launches, the stock engine less so. With a big twin setup it will reach those sorts of speeds if you have a good and safe map to manage a very long WOT run.

Personally I don't see the point in the very expensive twins when a single setup will deliver the same power and make it a more manageable car on the road (i.e. lower, faster spool). That is unless you want to go further than 600bhp which would ideally need a built engine.

I've got a suspicion he wants to stay twins and sequential ;)

He needs to do a bit of searching methinks. I know it is possible but its bloody complicated. As you say, single is a much more viable option.

A tuned supra to around the 500bhp mark does 200mph or Forza 2 at the ring. I should know as every time i see it when im learning the track for our trip in July i keep thinking to myself there is no way I will be doing that in my car :D

why do you all go so fast and were do you drive most of the roads buy me only go up to 40 and the motorway only goes up to 70mph

Why do you all have to go so fast and where do you drive? Most of the roads near me have a speed limit of 40mph and the motorway limit is 70mph!

Now I can read it . . . . . and breathe!!!!! ;)