The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I want 200mph

nigelboyne

Why do you all have to go so fast and where do you drive? Most of the roads near me have a speed limit of 40mph and the motorway limit is 70mph!

Now I can read it . . . . . and breathe!!!!! ;)

Thank god for that I though I'd lost the ability to read on the original reply. :)

Thanks for the translation.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bear in mind that at roughly 180-190mph, your side windows will be sucked outwards resulting in pressure drop and a lot of noise. This might shock you and that is NOT what you want to experience at that speed. Just a heads up...

They whistle a bit first though which gives you a bit of warning ;)

I've got a suspicion he wants to stay twins and sequential ;)

He needs to do a bit of searching methinks. I know it is possible but its bloody complicated. As you say, single is a much more viable option.

Ah right, must of missed that bit! Well we all know the answer to that one :D

Oh come on guys see post #7!

I love this threads, such jokers......:D

Our stock or BPU Supras are good for 170-maybe a true 180mph at a push all day long, but people really dont understand what happens to wind to acheive another 20mph on top of that.....

Look at this way, to do 170/180 (on a good day) you can probably do that with 350/400bhp.....

To make that extra 20mph you need to nearly if not double your BHP

Gav, loved your comparison mate ;)

I love this threads, such jokers......:D

Our stock or BPU Supras are good for 170-maybe a true 180mph at a push all day long, but people really dont understand what happens to wind to acheive another 20mph on top of that.....

Look at this way, to do 170/180 (on a good day) you can probably do that with 350/400bhp.....

To make that extra 20mph you need to nearly if not double your BHP

Gav, loved your comparison mate ;)

I think the agreed figures are:

Stock (320bhp) - 180mph

BPU (400bhp) - 190mph

Single (600bhp) - 200mph

You MIGHT see 200 with less than 600bhp but i reckon it would take a while. Same goes with the stock and BPU top end speeds. Your going to need one hell of a runway.

Guest CosmicJay

What im wondering is where he could get up to 200mph. Theres really only one good racetrack in ireland and to get to 200mph and then back to safe cornering speed he might aswell have a blown alco injected v8. The road condiditions are crap enough that they arent really suitable for driving over 100. Maybe on the m1 motorway. but 200 on there is just stupid.. . no matter how awesome it is. :p

Strap your car to a B52 and fly over Afghan. Make sure you are IN the car when at cruising altitude and then hit the release mechanism or jump out - either way same ending and one less useless thread.

Lmao, trust you dude:d

Stock (320bhp) - 180mph

BPU (400bhp) - 190mph

Single (600bhp) - 200mph

You MIGHT see 200 with less than 600bhp but i reckon it would take a while. Same goes with the stock and BPU top end speeds. Your going to need one hell of a runway.

Then that wasnt a bad guess considering its been years since I last discussed this and was remembering rough figures off the top of my head lol :innocent:

Stock (320bhp) - 180mph

BPU (400bhp) - 190mph

Single (600bhp) - 200mph

standard uk twin turbo no matter how much runway wont do more then 170 gps. full bpu cant see it getting up to 190mph but stand corrected on that one

Work that out all yourself? :D