The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Friend has challenged me to a race?

kslb

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DMS do a basic remap & exhuast package that will take a 2003 to around 525bhp, if it's a Turbo S make that 550bhp.

I'd say it'll be very close neither of you will be embarrsed by the other.

The 911's response will be what gets you, you'll be playing catchup if it's from a standstill, would expect the Supe to start pulling back once you're into silly speeds.

Unless the 911 has had some serious mods like uprated turbo etc i very much doubt its making 550 anyway, a 2003 turbo was around 420 iirc, go for it:)

Yep ... 420 in standard trim ... "chipping" it like the germans say (adding a preprogrammed piggy back ecu) would give a max of 500 bhp.

Off the line, the 4WD is very quick. But on a rolling start, a single Supra will be quicker.

On track, a Supra will be quicker, certainly if you have Bignum behind the steering wheel :D

Yep ... 420 in standard trim ... "chipping" it like the germans say (adding a preprogrammed piggy back ecu) would give a max of 500 bhp.

Off the line, the 4WD is very quick. But on a rolling start, a single Supra will be quicker.

On track, a Supra will be quicker, certainly if you have Bignum behind the steering wheel :D

I disagree, on a rolling start his response will win (unless you use Jamie's trick of left foot braking to creating boost while you're rolling :D)

A remapped one will pull close to 200mph (it won't hit it unless the remap has upped the rev limit) - a completely stock car tops out at 189

Edited by jevansio (see edit history)

The Porsche is an easy car to drive fast near the limit, a single Supra is harder, if it's on a track I would expect you'd need to be a lot better driver than him to pull it off. If you are equal skilled, my money is on the 911 (assuming both cars are making the claimed power)

Unless the 911 has had some serious mods like uprated turbo etc i very much doubt its making 550 anyway, a 2003 turbo was around 420 iirc, go for it:)

As the man says, these cars will require more then just basic mapping from tinternet to produce 550+.

With your spec, you should nail him providing you are a good shifter. Double clutch your way to victory. :)

0-60 they are around 4.2 secs (1590 kg weight) i think but after 80 MPH odd id have thought you should pull away with your setup.

Nail the Porker.

How many here have actually driven a 911?

Although he's probably slightly down on power at full boost (off boost and while spooling, the 911 has a slight edge), I predict the 911 would win easily round Knockhill with equally skilled drivers - the handling is definitely superior to the Supra - especially in the 4WD version.

That said, driver ability can make up for a lot there, so for this race, I think the better driver will win.....

Good luck! Will be rooting for you!

How many here have actually driven a 911?

Although he's probably slightly down on power at full boost (off boost and while spooling, the 911 has a slight edge), I predict the 911 would win easily round Knockhill with equally skilled drivers - the handling is definitely superior to the Supra - especially in the 4WD version.

That said, driver ability can make up for a lot there, so for this race, I think the better driver will win.....

Good luck! Will be rooting for you!

Ive driven a gt3 racecar:cool: which weighed 1250kilo and although it did handle marginally better than my car it lost out on the power massively, it would be a close call round any small circuit tbh.

Ive driven a gt3 racecar:cool: which weighed 1250kilo and although it did handle marginally better than my car it lost out on the power massively, it would be a close call round any small circuit tbh.

Isn't the GT3 "only" the N/A engine, tho' (360hp)??

The turbo pushes that up to 420ish, I believe (not sure I'd believe any unproven claims of 500+)?

Could that make up a bit of the power difference?

'nother question BN - as someone who has probably pushed both these cars closer to the edge than anyone - what is your opinion on how easy they are to drive on a track - does the 4WD on the 911 help?

Isn't the GT3 "only" the N/A engine, tho' (360hp)??

The turbo pushes that up to 420ish, I believe (not sure I'd believe any unproven claims of 500+)?

Could that make up a bit of the power difference?

'nother question BN - as someone who has probably pushed both these cars closer to the edge than anyone - what is your opinion on how easy they are to drive on a track - does the 4WD on the 911 help?

The gt3 really kept you on your toes under power, it was more on the braking and turning in where it scored high, i havn`t driven a turbo 4x4 so can`t comment, i raced an 07 plate at the ring though which i caught up and kept with quite easily.

I disagree, on a rolling start his response will win (unless you use Jamie's trick of left foot braking to creating boost while you're rolling :D)

Theres nothing wrong with brake boosting! 90% of people you come across on those HUGE EMPTY and STRAIGHT stretches of road dont even relise what your up to :sly: