Friend has challenged me to a race?

kslb

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Double clutch your way to victory.

:rlol:

Theres nothing wrong with brake boosting! 90% of people you come across on those HUGE EMPTY and STRAIGHT stretches of road dont even relise what your up to :sly:

Indeed, same as modifying your engine, whatever it takes! :sly:

Altough i'd probably slam on and mess the whole thing up!! :D

send him down to me ill give him a spank with mine...lol

:shock: Might not come up on Sat now!!! :lol:

you are going to be a dad..... you got nothing to prove... dont bother, send him down to me ill give him a spank with mine...lol

I don't think he'll be able to keep up with yours somehow:d

I'll never forget the time you took me out in yours, I'm still smiling, I've been in some exotic supercars before but nothing I've been in even remotely compares to yours:d

Give me a ring when you can do finance:innocent:

Cheers guys although I was kind of hoping you all just said the porche will win hands down so I could forget about it!

Let's see if I can help with that...you're not doing it. Baby needs a daddy!

you are going to be a dad..... you got nothing to prove... dont bother, send him down to me ill give him a spank with mine...lol

Thank you Michel. Kind offer. Keith, you'd be wise to take him up on it or I'm telling both our mums!

From a roll you should have him pretty easily. Especially if it's a stock 996 TT.

If any of you guys are on the M5 board check out the vids from the annual meets in Sweden.

They all bring Exotics onto an airstrip and do comparison's from a 30mph rolling start.

The 996TT's pretty much got creamed by the M5/6's and after coming across an E60 the other day you wouldn't even need 6th.

A few friends have X50 996's and from a roll they didn't stand a chance against any Jap car's we put up against them, including my old STI, and a Single Tub RX7 (Just 350atw).

All round they are awesome car's, and if modified Beware, as they extract so much power extremely easily, however in your case you should be ok ;)

Let's see if I can help with that...you're not doing it. Baby needs a daddy!

Thank you Michel. Kind offer. Keith, you'd be wise to take him up on it or I'm telling both our mums!

I think in addition to the members section we need a gender specific members section to allow fearless freedom of speech, however until that happens:

you are right dear and I appologise for even considering it, how foolish of me and Michel thank you for pointing out the error of my ways.

:innocent:.....goes to join secret forum with new username.....:search:

I disagree, on a rolling start his response will win (unless you use Jamie's trick of left foot braking to creating boost while you're rolling :D)

A remapped one will pull close to 200mph (it won't hit it unless the remap has upped the rev limit) - a completely stock car tops out at 189

Your right. The 996 is the first Porsche turbo with the quick spooling VTG turbos (compared to the 993 turbo). The quick reacting turbos give instant torque delivery :)

Your right. The 996 is the first Porsche turbo with the quick spooling VTG turbos (compared to the 993 turbo). The quick reacting turbos give instant torque delivery :)

No you're wrong :D

The 997 has the variable vane turbos.

The 996 will have better response over a single as it's extra 0.6 litres and turbos well suited to all round driving rather than outright top end power (bit like asking if a BPU Supra will have better response than a T67 in a way). Also Porsche will have the map perfect, no disrespect to Ryan, but running a big single and getting Ryan (or whoever your chosen mapper is) to map it, you're not going to get anywhere near the optimal map when compared with the millions of effort Porsche (or any mainstream manufacturer) will put into getting a map for their car.

Again to clarify, I'm not on about the entire map here, just the areas specifically concerned with response.

Edited by jevansio (see edit history)

The 996 will have better response over a single as it's extra 0.6 litres and turbos well suited to all round driving rather than outright top end power (bit like asking if a BPU Supra will have better response than a T67 in a way). Also Porsche will have the map perfect, no disrespect to Ryan, but running a big single and getting Ryan (or whoever) to map it, you're not going to get anywhere near the optimal map when compared with the millions of effort Porsche will put into getting a map for their car.

:rolleyes:

I thought the 996 had it's max torque also under 3000 rpm.

By the way, is that a 996 S you have?

:rolleyes:

I thought the 996 had it's max torque also under 3000 rpm.

By the way, is that a 996 S you have?

Can't remember bud, but it doesn't have the variable vane turbos (just K16's I believe)

Mine is refered to as a Tiptronic S (it's not a 450bhp version, just 420bhp) :)

The 996 will have better response over a single as it's extra 0.6 litres and turbos well suited to all round driving rather than outright top end power (bit like asking if a BPU Supra will have better response than a T67 in a way). Also Porsche will have the map perfect, no disrespect to Ryan, but running a big single and getting Ryan (or whoever your chosen mapper is) to map it, you're not going to get anywhere near the optimal map when compared with the millions of effort Porsche (or any mainstream manufacturer) will put into getting a map for their car.

I disagree with you here Jay. If you think about it all manufacturers run oober safe maps, ie a little rich. Ryan and the likes lean out these maps (as i understand it) giving more power while still staying on the sensible side of safe.

Thats the reason remap's are always effective. You could take any porsch to a pro mapper, if the ECU is mappable, and they will get more ponies out of it than stock simply by leaning out the mix.

I disagree with you here Jay. If you think about it all manufacturers run oober safe maps, ie a little rich. Ryan and the likes lean out these maps (as i understand it) giving more power while still staying on the sensible side of safe.

Thats the reason remap's are always effective. You could take any porsch to a pro mapper, if the ECU is mappable, and they will get more ponies out of it than stock simply by leaning out the mix.

All manufacturers will run safe maps, I disagree about Ryan liking to lean these out, Ryan is a mapper who prefers to run safe maps and would rather sacrifice 20-30 top end bhp and keep the map rich as opposed to extracting every single possible bhp. My car is pretty rich top end but that's how myself & Ryan wanted it :)

That is asside to what I was getting it. I wasn't on about the power the mapper could extract, I was on about the drivablility. We're talking here about things like accel enrichments, cold starts, warm start etc. The things that take time to get right. If any mapper could come on here and say that they could get the map where you go on full throttle from a rolling start as good as one of the big performance manufacturers in the 5-10 hours they spend on a clients car I would be impressed (also sceptical :D)

Also one of the big reasons these ECU flashes get instant power out of the Porsche is they increase the boost, they shot it upto 1 BAR, they will make very little changes to the fuel & ignition maps.

Just to clarify, my last couple of posts when we have been talking about response have been talking specifically about the map when going from closed/partial throttle to WOT, not the entire map :)

Edited by jevansio (see edit history)

All manufacturers will run safe maps, I disagree about Ryan liking to lean these out, Ryan is a mapper who prefers to run safe maps and would rather sacrifice 20-30 top end bhp and keep the map rich as opposed to extracting every single possible bhp. My car is pretty rich top end but that's how myself & Ryan wanted it :)

That is asside to what I was getting it. I wasn't on about the power the mapper could extract, I was on about the drivablility. We're talking here about things like accel enrichments, cold starts, warm start etc. The things that take time to get right. If any mapper could come on here and say that they could get the map where you go on full throttle from a rolling start as good as one of the big performance manufacturers in the 5-10 hours they spend on a clients car I would be impressed (also sceptical :D)

Also one of the big reasons these ECU flashes get instant power out of the Porsche is they increase the boost, they shot it upto 1 BAR, they will make very little changes to the fuel & ignition maps.

Just to clarify, my last couple of posts when we have been talking about response have been talking specifically about the map when going from closed/partial throttle to WOT, not the entire map :)

Ahh, the niggly stuff lol. I think manufacturers run ridiculously safe though, do they not? I know responsible mappers will sort

the fueling to be on the rich side of safe but i still thought manufacturers maps were richer.

Ahh, the niggly stuff lol. I think manufacturers run ridiculously safe though, do they not? I know responsible mappers will sort

the fueling to be on the rich side of safe but i still thought manufacturers maps were richer.

Yeah, sorry Scott, I didn't make clear what I was talking about when i re-read it, I was on about the part of the map that would be excerised when jumping on the power from a 30mph rolling start.

Manufacturers maps will most likely be very safe, although I doubt many of these off the shelf aftermarket chips/maps will use leaning out to get any additional power (although they may get a bit that way), I suspect the majority will come from raised boost.

Yeah, sorry Scott, I didn't make clear what I was talking about when i re-read it, I was on about the part of the map that would be excerised when jumping on the power from a 30mph rolling start.

Manufacturers maps will most likely be very safe, although I doubt many of these off the shelf aftermarket chips/maps will use leaning out to get any additional power (although they may get a bit that way), I suspect the majority will come from raised boost.

I know that the dodgy diesel ones (50 quid ebay ones) lean out the fuel by fudging the O2 signal from the MAF. It gives a bit more oomph as well as using less fuel but, IMO, its very dangerous. They aren't mapped to the rev's, they just fudge the signal by x% across the whole rev range which could mean pop. I've tried to explain to guys in my work that they have to be mapped properly across the rev's to prevent lean spots but the guys still go ahead and buy them lol.

Anyway, back to the porkers :D

I know that the dodgy diesel ones (50 quid ebay ones) lean out the fuel by fudging the O2 signal from the MAF. It gives a bit more oomph as well as using less fuel but, IMO, its very dangerous. They aren't mapped to the rev's, they just fudge the signal by x% across the whole rev range which could mean pop. I've tried to explain to guys in my work that they have to be mapped properly across the rev's to prevent lean spots but the guys still go ahead and buy them lol.

Anyway, back to the porkers :D

Yeah we are going a bit OT :D, we wanna know when Keith has this race organised :D