The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Shes not happy with the supra

supra_si

well she refuses to drive it i have offered her getting onto my insurance but to be honest i think she is a badge snob and basically doesnt get the supra image what so ever. road presence, respect etc. i think that shes feels embarassed because its only a toyota where her sister drives her fellas ferrari and the like. my cars in very very good condition, washed every week, polished and waxed.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well she refuses to drive it i have offered her getting onto my insurance but to be honest i think she is a badge snob and basically doesnt get the supra image what so ever. road presence, respect etc. i think that shes feels embarassed because its only a toyota where her sister drives her fellas ferrari and the like. my cars in very very good condition, washed every week, polished and waxed.

Easy answer: Dump her. ;)

I bet you look after your car a million times better than Ferrari guy, and who cares what car's he's got, as I bet he has a small c*ck! :D

Clearly you have done the right thing(or was it the all wrong one.....!?) to ask all of us inhere - I take it, it because u already know the answers u will be getting, and just need confirmation......If u start giving in to her demands already - then u will soon be driving a Peugeot Partner og dare i say it.........a Berlingo!!!!!!!!

Clearly you have done the right thing(or was it the all wrong one.....!?) to ask all of us inhere - I take it, it because u already know the answers u will be getting, and just need confirmation......If u start giving in to her demands already - then u will soon be driving a Peugeot Partner og dare i say it.........a Berlingo!!!!!!!!

God! This serves us all as a grim reminder. Very well put sir :)

Supra Si - it's your duty as a man and as a Supra owner to:

“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense”- Winston Churchill.

My girlfriends got to the stage where she knows cars will always be apart of my life! She grins and bares it!

Yeah mate same here.

My missus was really scared when she came back off a cruise and said she had a full blown conversation about sequential turbo setup's :D

WIN! (although she did punch me, lol)

What will she want to change after the supra goes? Women* have a skill in getting their own way and trying to mould a guy the way they want them.Give them an inch and they take a mile,stand firm old bean dont get rid of the supra because she said so you, will never win another argument again.

* Not all women, there are some good uns out there. (before i get Germaine Greer on burning her bra and wanting to kill me.)

Edited by L18msy (see edit history)

I kinda have the same problem, kind of torn whether to get rid of my supe and get a more "grown up" car, something more sensible, practical, sophisticated blah blah blah.............I asked my girlfriend whether I should sell it and buy something else or spray it another colour, before I could finish the question, she goes sell it!

Im 23 and had the supe for 4 years now, I have considered selling it but everytime I get in it, I fall in love with it all over again! What do I do? LOL

My new female aquiantance isnt happy with my supra.

Apparently i need to grow up and act like a proper 28yo and not like a 20yo boy racer.

Clearly she doesnt have a clue although once in it she was like mmmm its not bad inside.

I think she may be jealous as she drives an oldish SLK.

But it does make me think should i sell my beloved toy of 15 months :-(

ehh are you joking? You've just met a new girl and she doesnt like your car so ur thinking of selling it. Thats bad form dude, whipped already!

my mrs didnt like the thought of me gettin the supe, she hates the money i spend on the supe, she detests the time i spend cleaning/polishing the supe.. although she does like the car and loves driving in it.. go figure!

I kinda have the same problem, kind of torn whether to get rid of my supe and get a more "grown up" car, something more sensible, practical, sophisticated blah blah blah.............I asked my girlfriend whether I should sell it and buy something else or spray it another colour, before I could finish the question, she goes sell it!

Im 23 and had the supe for 4 years now, I have considered selling it but everytime I get in it, I fall in love with it all over again! What do I do? LOL

To even ask this question suggests you have no geniune passion left for the car.

Why not sell up and give the proceeds to charity?

Im 23 and had the supe for 4 years now, I have considered selling it but everytime I get in it, I fall in love with it all over again! What do I do?

Put it up the wrong 'un. That'll learn her.

An act of charity you feel?? Something you want to tell us? ;)

Right then, let's stop that thought process there shall we? :D

It's truely charitable in the sense that it prevents unwanted pregnancies. What could be more loving than that? :innocent: