The mkiv Supra Owners Club

best bodykit for a black supra?

gannon888

All these people say stock. Although I see the appeal, I've said it before and I'll say it again.

A stock looking supe gets next to no attention or photos taken of it when compared to a kitted supe. If the 'general public' is anything to go by, and their interest in a parked up supra defines "best looking" (which generally is the case), I fail to see how a stock supe front end comes close to some of the kits out there.

You park a stock supe next to even a fully kitted veilside supra (as much as you people hate them) and if I filmed the reactions, I bet the stock supe would get next to no attention relatively speaking.

I am v. interested in putting this theory into practice actually. I think supra owners club may love the stock look but the general public think its getting old and is dated imo.

You think the general public think it's getting old and dated :blink: Who cares?! Maybe they look at a Veilside kitted Supra because it looks horrendous and out of place.

I have had 4 Supra's with Do-luck fronts etc, and now I have one which is stock, 19"s and active spoiler, I love it more than any of my others, and it gets just as much attention, in fact I think it gets more because it's a real Supra :D

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think the general public think it's getting old and dated :blink: Who cares?! Maybe they look at a Veilside kitted Supra because it looks horrendous and out of place.

I have had 4 Supra's with Do-luck fronts etc, and now I have one which is stock, 19"s and active spoiler, I love it more than any of my others, and it gets just as much attention, in fact I think it gets more because it's a real Supra :D

I am happy to you enjoy your stock looking supra. I wish I could agree about that a stock supra getting the same amount of attention but that simply is not the case. At least not in these parts.

I am happy to you enjoy your stock looking supra. I wish I could agree about that a stock supra getting the same amount of attention but that simply is not the case. At least not in these parts.

I do understand, because the only thing you can do with an N/A is stick fibre glass to them, and that's fine, because you only bought a Supra to try and impress people, perhaps you're trying to compensate for something. Who knows.

I mirror almost exactly what Jay says, although I'd like to see his supra with the RMM cut :D then it really would be perfect :D ;)

I think the top secret bumper will work with the kit you have and even if you change the bgw for a trd or back to stock in the future :), a stock front/cut lip and TRD wing is one of my favourite combo's but you really need a decent set of wheels to pull it off which is where most in UK fail compared to the US as they don't go to ebay for a set of cheapies :) but then again the US owners do generally have a lot more cash to blow :)

Stock + lip + TRD + decent rims = WIN :D

I do understand, because the only thing you can do with an N/A is stick fibre glass to them, and that's fine, because you only bought a Supra to try and impress people, perhaps you're trying to compensate for something. Who knows.

*sigh*

I am not even going to waste my time arguing with another owners club member. :tumble:

It's a very good thing people on here don't represent clients as lawyers. The moment some of you realise you are losing an argument or your opinion appears less valid than you started, you resort to childish acts such as insulting the opposing clients or his/her interests.

A stock looking supe gets next to no attention or photos taken of it when compared to a kitted supe

I do agree with this though, 2 of my Supra's have been stock with either 18" or 19" wheels and neither got particular attention over the bodykitted ones :) but my 19's that I had on my last one wern't particularly nice, the 18's on my black one were :)

I do agree with this though, 2 of my Supra's have been stock with either 18" or 19" wheels and neither got particular attention over the bodykitted ones :) but my 19's that I had on my last one wern't particularly nice, the 18's on my black one were though :)

Thank you Tom for an honest opinion - Supragirlie take note, the above is the punchline :D

Thank you Tom for an honest opinion.

I try my best not to be biased to either side :)

Back when I joined and bought my first one at the time most had either veilside,top secret or oem so I did feel that mine looked 'boring' compared to the others and almost had the need to change parts as the others had more presence imo, but things are slowly going the other way now.

But sometimes stock can look really crap but the right wheels and colour can sort that

Edited by Tom (see edit history)

Best thing you can do really is spend some time looking at member's cars and seeing which YOU like. Stock seems to be what's appreciated on here, but this IS an owners club, which is full of people who love the Supra for what it is, especially in stock form (or a bloody big single!! :D) But there are also members who like the look of a nicely kitted Supra.

As long as the kit is a good fit and done properly, you'll be ok! :)

well all i know from experience as i have had two stages of kits. When my supra was silver i had the wings west front lip on stock body supra. Not one person commented on my supra, now its black i personally love it. The good thing my car turns loads of heads, I know the heads it turns is always good comments because loads of people have approached me stating how good my supra looks:D. Makes me happy as i love the look aswell as others out there

well all i know from experience as i have had two stages of kits. When my supra was silver i had the wings west front lip on stock body supra. Not one person commented on my supra, now its black i personally love it. The good thing my car turns loads of heads, I know the heads it turns is always good comments because loads of people have approached me stating how good my supra looks:D. Makes me happy as i love the look aswell as others out there

Thank you Jazz.

Pretty much exactly the same difference in reactions I have had.

Had nowt with the stock supe - and pretty much a thumbs up or comment everytime I now drive it.

Wow,

Wait didnt you stick various kits and respray your 3 supra non stock shades?

judging by your past kitted supra`s i would say you have no clue in how to style even with a do luck front.

1. Cheap wheels and kits do not go

2. All your kitted supra`s were not low hence why they looked funny

3. bomex skirts and do luck front do not go

4. Lesson to learn always visit spec savers:p

All these people say stock. Although I see the appeal, I've said it before and I'll say it again.

A stock looking supe gets next to no attention or photos taken of it when compared to a kitted supe. If the 'general public' is anything to go by, and their interest in a parked up supra defines "best looking" (which generally is the case), I fail to see how a stock supe front end comes close to some of the kits out there.

You park a stock supe next to even a fully kitted veilside supra (as much as you people hate them) and if I filmed the reactions, I bet the stock supe would get next to no attention relatively speaking.

I am v. interested in putting this theory into practice actually. I think supra owners club may love the stock look but the general public think its getting old and is dated imo.

I am in agreement with you.

I have witnessed exactly that at various meets.

I am in agreement with you.

I have witnessed exactly that at various meets.

It makes sense too if you ask me.

Kitted ones look 'special', the stock ones are a dated fashion now lets be honest. As much as we love them they don't look half as sleek or aggressive as the kitted ones.

I have to concur with the statement about kitted vs. stock. Despite how tatty my VS kit looks at the moment at Brands Hatch the other night it got alot of attention compared to some very nice stock ones. Guess it has to do with how it grabs your attention. Either way, if you want a VS kit I will have one for sale on the cheap in about a month :D