The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another Scum Attack!

Tricky-Ricky

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloody hell Dick, that's awful :( Am so gutted for you, I know how much work you put in to that thing.

I'll have a chat with my friend across the road and get him and his wife to keep an extra special watch just in case.

I've got one of those wifi CCTV D-Link cams from Michael, I'm not really using it at the moment and you are more than welcome to borrow it if you think it might be useful? You can set it up to record to your PC and also motion detect, though you might have trouble as your road is very busy.

Don't know if it would help either but you're welcome to stick it on my driveway once I get the Peugeot out of the way.

Thanks for the offer Mark, may just take you up on the D-link cam,

only to see if it would be a viable alternative to invest in, rather than my tape based setup, whats the night time clarity like?

Will give you a bell later in the week, hows the ankle doing?

I hate seeing threads like this, and know only too well what you go through when s4it like this happens. I'd say you would have the name and address of whoever done this in less than a week if you employed the belfasy psyci' - Tell your daughter to put the word out your offering £150 for the name of the person involved. Turst me, no honor amoungst thieves and no honor amoungst sumbags - that name will be with you in less than a week

What you do with the information is entirely up to you Rich ;)

Maybe put a sticker / note in the car in clear view saying you are on cctv. Might deter the little s*i*'s.

Hope you sort it mate. :(

those little s*@t bags are probably illiterate anayway :(

Feel for you, sickening. Glad you can at least get rid of the mess. Hope you catch the scr@tes

L

Thanks for the offer Mark, may just take you up on the D-link cam,

only to see if it would be a viable alternative to invest in, rather than my tape based setup, whats the night time clarity like?

Will give you a bell later in the week, hows the ankle doing?

It's pretty good, I was suprised at it's ability in low light. Just give me a shout :)

The ankles not too bad, just awkward and a little achey. Sounds like I was lucky and didn't do too much damage so only another 4.5 weeks to go! :rolleyes:

Not too hot on the crutches and fed up with not being able to drive :(

Hi Rich, Sorry to hear about this especially due to the work you put in and that it's one of the best looking street racing Supes on the forum. I'm coming down this weekend so will make sure my mate hears about it, (though he lives on the seafront so would have to have great sight to keep an eye on it). If I have time between watching the Welsh kick the English arses and Man U stuffing Derby, I may just pop in for a quick chat and a stroke of your pussy ;)

I'll keep my ears open for you Ricky I'm sorry to see they've done that, I worry about mine every night parked outside mine :/ and I don't live that far away from you either, I've always loved your car too man! If I hear anything I'd probably sort them out for ya, mine got broken into last year and they took all of my audio equipment was not happy what so ever :(

Jim

Thanks for all the sympathy and nice comments guys:) nothing worse than having some jealous little scum try and ruin your hard work, makes it feel very personal, and no it won't be any neighbours, as i get on very well with them, I'm the first person they come to when they have car trouble;)

And so far as i know i don't have any enemy's either.

Well they have egged it again! this is starting to really wind me up!:aggress: did see a car pull up along side mine twice, but couldn't see them do anything, and checked it afterword but i didn't see anything, but thats not saying that i missed the egg, couldn't identify the car, and my camera cant see the number plate:(

So I'm now in the position of either shelling out for better quality CCTV, get a car cover, or sit in it every night with a shotgun;)

Anyone know of a cheap wireless camera that i could actually put in the car, that way i may have a better chance.

Have you reported the new attack to the police?

What about a webcam with a 30 day trial of one of the webcam security apps running on it? I can lend you the hardware if you don't have something already, maybe a neighbour with a better view of the car would be willing to have it plugged in with a laptop until it happens again? (which hopefully it won't but it seems like that won't stop :()

http://www.icode.co.uk/icatcher/products/sentry.html

http://www.crime-catcher.com/

You pick up webcams with decent resolution now, USD extension lead to the PC and away you go... I did this for a while before I got the IP camera, only a 1.3mp webcam but it worked.

Not again!

If it were I'd get some decent CCTV as Michael said. Just before you splash some cash on it, have a quick think about what you'd do with any video evidence that you may capture with it. Are police interested in this sort of thing (i.e. presenting them with CCTV footage showing vandalism taking place)? I'd like to think so, but I fear they're not.

Thanks Michael, yes i have reported it again, not that i hold any hope of anything being accomplished.

Will look into the wireless camera aspect, will have to do some reading up, as i know very little about using that type.

Unfortunately a lot of the neighbours are in flats and i don't know any that would give me a better view, and although their landlord is a friend, i can't exactly go asking to install video surveillance.

This sucks big time dude! Definately get a couple of cameras set up. Maybe one to catch the action, and another one specifically designed to see the number plates, maybe in the bumper of your car?

Then just match up the time of the offence on both cameras, then choose whether to tell the police so they can give you a crime number and forget about the whole thing, or find them, burn their car and brake their limbs! ;)

well now you know that it was not just some random attack, if that happened to me, try and be ready for them have whatever weapon you can find, baseball bat, metal pipe, some stones and then when you see them then let them get everybit of anger you can shell out and destroy the son of a bitch, the police would not stop me from smashing the shit heads head in.

the police would not stop me from smashing the $#@! heads head in.

If you actually did that, your life would take a sharp turn for the worse at that point. I know it's tempting, I feel the red mist sometimes when I read about this sort of vandalsim happening, but rightly or wrongly any Crown Court would take a dim view it.

You could well be locked up: maybe you'd lose your home, your partner and your job too?