The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Matt h supra repair "build"

michel lane

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Im in two minds about removing the posts. The pictures certainly show a very different coloured rear end to front end, and Supradibbs inadvertently pointed out that the boot of the car does not have the aerotop mounts reinforcing the cut and shut element.

Are you saying you did not have a complete rear end welded on to your front end?

I don't know why i even bother, it's not a cut and shut for god sake

Without wanting to sound like i'm having a go, alot has been said on this subject over the last couple of days, but I haven't seen an answer about the aero roof fixings? :search:

I would imagine with the origonal chassis from ibrar which was aero it has them? But then ive never owned an aero so dont know.

I guess the replacement rear panel wasn't from an aerotop.

Mike

I thought that the replacement panel would have been the rear wing. Surely anything in the boot would have been structural??

I too am interested in this. I noticed the pre facelift front wings but I take it that Uk wings have been supplied as part of the repair. The rear however is still an interesting question.:search:

H.

I guess the replacement rear panel wasn't from an aerotop.

Thats the reason. IIRC, the car has had the rear quarter and rear panel from a non-aero breaker welded on to replace the damaged panels. From the pics posted in the for sale thread it showed the panels that had been replaced. Provided the chassis legs of the cat c car have been straighted or replacements welded in correctly it shouldn't be an issue.

It's been for a VIC check (hasn't it Matt?) so any unsafe repair would have been identitied there.

So long as if matt comes to sell it he informs any potential buyer it's a cat C repaired I don't see the issue.

Edit - nevermind :D

A question, surely a rear quarter and rear panel would be the the same on an aerotop.

I dont see what the big deal is, if its been repaired properly then people should leave it at that.

A question, is that turbo water cooled? Is that the way the water is normally fed?