The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Matt h supra repair "build"

michel lane

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were, I had long chats with Matt but he wanted the car back for last years Ace meet :)

This is the only time i'm going to post in this thread, but i'm got to say that i'm appauled that you still maintain that you explained any issues apart from:

"i don't think its making 450bhp to me"

I came to pick a car up i thought was complete, and it wasn't. nothing more, nothing less. I wanted the car complete for the ACE cafe, if you said to me it wasnt i wouldn't have come. But i was chuffed when you said you it was complete and i could come and get it, unfortuneatly this was not the case.

Yeah, and I beleive we all called him stupid when he fist posted about it. All because he wanted to go to the Ace Cafe meet.

He hasn't done himself any favours by being impatient; hopefully, this time he will have the sense to wait until ALL the work is done, not scrimp on anything and finally have a reliable car.

I don't know what your problem is animal, but i'd be grateful if you didnt post bull up about something you know nothing about. I've never been impatient, i've waited 2 years to get my car sorted! When someone asks if they can get a car done for a certain date and they say yes then thats all good by me, but i'd never have gone down if any of the issues highlighted by Michel were mentioned to me.

Whilst we all accept there was some poor workmanship here, this is also a classic example of the customer not listening to advice given.

Same customer thinks CW is not very good...

I went to CW after a month of ownership, with no experiance of Turbos or a turbo car. I had a problem, which turned out to be fuel cut. CW didn't even diagnose this, he said my car was fixed after a decent sized bill. when i got it back it still had the same problem. I fixed the car myself in the end by changing the dial on my fuel cut defender.. great

The worst of it though: He recommened taking the first CAT out. I said o.k.

Cat came out, a 1.2 restrictor ring was fitted. Boost spiked (which i understand about now but didnt know anything about at the time), and engine blew. So yes, i was not happy, then the saga began. Turbofit, Hyper.... etc etc

Edited by Matt H (see edit history)

This is the only time i'm going to post in this thread, but i'm got to say that i'm appauled that you still maintain that you explained any issues apart from:

I came to pick a car up i thought was complete, and it wasn't. nothing more, nothing less. I wanted the car complete for the ACE cafe, if you said to me it wasnt i wouldn't have come. But i was chuffed when you said you it was complete and i could come and get it, unfortuneatly this was not the case.

I'll post one last time as I too want to move on. I've genuinely wished you all the best with your car and mean it.

We clearly have different recollections of events, but we were given a specific list of things to sort and did so. I do remember a 20minute phone call explaining that the car needs time to sort all the issues, and we identified loads. I remember using another members car as an example, that car took a week just to sort the wiring out.

I'm glad it's getting sorted, I really am but the horrendous workmanship was not down to us, we merely did enough to get it through a genuine MOT.

P.s, Please can we keep the mud slining to a minimum now.

The car is as it is now, its getting fixed and i couldnt be happier right now with the progress.

Please can we all enjoy this thread as it should be, an exciting build thread. To watch the car grow from the depths back to how it should be.. with a bit more umph. There have been numerous threads where people have voiced opions, right or wrong.

I don't want it to go down hill anymore.

Thanks

Pretty please

Come on peeps move on.

Matt has had a fair amount of criticism over this car.

Hopefully now Michel will get it running like the reliable car we all know Supras to be, im sure he has learnt lessons from here and from the previous bad experiences and will let Michel work his magic.

Good luck with it chap i hope its fourth ? time lucky.

Matt, your going single during this fix arent you? So what kit/spec are you going for.

Good luck to you also.

Yes indeed i am! :D I'll let Michel fill you in on the details but whats important for me is drivability and as little lag as possible for the power :)

Are you going to paint the engine bay to match the exterior,be a shame to leave it as it is.

Would be a good idea imo, I'd probably go with black just incase you change the colour of your car again at some point :)

good luck with it this time

Are you going to paint the engine bay to match the exterior,be a shame to leave it as it is.

Would be a good idea imo, I'd probably go with black just incase you change the colour of your car again at some point :)

good luck with it this time

The wings etc where the engine doesnt sit are all painted matt black including under the hood which i really like.

Come on peeps move on.

Matt has had a fair amount of criticism over this car.

Hopefully now Michel will get it running like the reliable car we all know Supras to be, im sure he has learnt lessons from here and from the previous bad experiences and will let Michel work his magic.

Good luck with it chap i hope its fourth ? time lucky.

I agree, I just can't see how he spent £75'000 on the car and it is in that condition.

i suggest you put it behind you now, can you contacted the body people to tell them about all the cracks on the wings and arches ?? The aero top has a problem , because it flexes alot , when you hit a bump on the road the body flexes thus the bodykit is starting to crack. We need to firm it up by putting a half roll cage in it or to re-enforcement bars on the chassis. The car was jacked up in the middle and the aerotop hood would not go back into place , there was a 1 inch gap, just shows you how flexiable the aerotop chassis is. Ill give you a call about this later in the week , lets focus on the car running first.

I don't know what your problem is animal, but i'd be grateful if you didnt post bull up about something you know nothing about. I've never been impatient, i've waited 2 years to get my car sorted! When someone asks if they can get a car done for a certain date and they say yes then thats all good by me, but i'd never have gone down if any of the issues highlighted by Michel were mentioned to me.

Sorry dude but I also remember that thread, I can dig it out if its still on the system if required. You were at the time made fully aware that the vehicle was less than brilliant (OK it was MOT-able) and were advised to not drive the car, period, until it was finished with. From what I remember of that thread you threw a hissy fit, took the car anyways and quite rightly they then refused to take your car back for further work. The car is now in fastidious hands for sure and I will say one of the most diplomatic persons on this forum. Maybe Michel will win through where others have failed with his inestimable patience and charm??

Its quite easy when you look at everything thats happened. You can add Michels work on top of that too. over half has been wasted money :(

Feel for you Matt

I have been through he very same issues, too many tuners out there charging huges sums of money for shoddy work, I have given up now and will never mod a car again, I will buy another Supra and keep it stock with simple brake and GEO set up only, I hope you get it sorted soon and enjoy it some, I admire your patience :)