The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Na Aero to Big single 6 speed Aero Project

supradibbs

Well some progress nade, engine is out and head is off found nothing obvious going on but its going to SRD for rebuild new valves and springs etc.

Paul whiffin just called too say my baby has arrived T51 SPL turbo kit;)

And am off tonight to pick up something rather special that really should complete the car, will have some pics up by tomorrow.

Nice. Good choice on the turbo. I love the T51

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update

Had a call from Lee regarding the head.

Now when had the knock orginally Lee performed a compression test which came back perfect!!!the car was maped with no issues the head was inspected recently with no obvious damge to the cam lobes etc i fliped the head over and let fuel sit in the the head for about a hour and lost no fuel so to me i figured the valves were seating correctly.

So anyway to my shock Lee tell me they found two bent inlet valves:) why the smile you may say at least i know what it is now and am droping in titanium valves and springs anyway, so after the port and polishing is done i should get the head back and start throwing it together