The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Na - tt conversions in stock

keron

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you post exactly what you get in this kit?

you say complete conversion.....

So is that Brakes, Engine, Ancillaries, Clutch, Gearbox? what else?

I would certainly want all of the above for 1700?

Paul.

He has mentioned what is included about 4 posts up... and no i dont think the brakes and clutch is included mate!

nahh ive got my ex na-tt done by keron!! this was done a year ago!! and gear box is strong as hell... i was really happy with my na-tt!!

Top job from keron,very helpfull and well... a 5 star job!!

shame i HAD to sell the car!! but i know its still going really good because its my ex GF who as it... and i see it everyday!! :(

so for me,, keron is recomended!!

I am sure the NA auto box will run up to 400bhp at a push,although i wait to be corrected!

I was talkin to Keron bout this the other month, as i wasnt to sure if it would or not as I to am lookin for an "upgrade" this year, seems that as long as your not after a track car the NA box should be ok for everyday use, he has done a few of these and said all have stood the test of time so far.

I have an 97 SZ-R with the 6 speed box and LSD already so I take it this would be a good conversion apart from the lack of UK brakes. Also it being a facelift would you be able to change to the Facelift Turbo Dials?

The TT will drop right in, 6spd SZ-R's are perfect for the swap. No need to change the dials, although the (useless) volt meter might not work anymore.

Not sure about the clutch and flywheel though..

I have an 97 SZ-R with the 6 speed box and LSD already so I take it this would be a good conversion apart from the lack of UK brakes. Also it being a facelift would you be able to change to the Facelift Turbo Dials?

fits straight in.... the only thing i would have to change is the rev counter which i can do on the facelifts too....

• 2 weeks later...
fits straight in.... the only thing i would have to change is the rev counter which i can do on the facelifts too....

I would swap clutch too. Clutch pressure plate in 6speed NA is smaller and it's not pressing clutch strong enough, so it will end up slipping and overheating gearbox.

Kerom, may be interested in a TT swap, have looked through this section and can see no mention of a need (?) to uprate your NA front springs for TT ones?

Whilst the swap was being done, what would be tha addittional charges for the following:

1. new cambelt

2. front spring and shock swap

3. CW pads, braided hoses all round and obviously bled with 5.1 fluid.

All the above assuming buyer supplied.

Thanks for your time.

Paul.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.