The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Any interest in a trackday around March?

Wez

Which Circuit  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which Circuit

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had a reply from MSV regarding a 10% group discount :D

How many do we have ready to go then?

=============

Hi Wes,

Thank you for your email.

If you can get 10 or more drivers to book for the same full day event I can offer you a 10% discount per booking and reserved garages. This discount will include any additional extras booked with the original booking.

We would handle all of the booking/admin/money taking elements. All you would need to do is set up a group with us and give it a name, then get everyone to call up and leave their details with them. Once you we reach the 10th driver we would run the group through the system with the 10% discount.

Please feel free to contact on the number below for further details or to set the group up.

I look forward to hearing from you.

===========

1. Wes

2. Paul Whiffin

3. SteveL

4. B.Weeks

5. Gazboy

6. B'Have

7. Ryan.G

8. SteveR

Is this for Wednesday 18 March Wez? If so I'll have to ask permission from my new job before committing I'm afriad, and I don't start there for 3 weeks.

Brands is a big treck from here but I'll still come if I can :thumbs:

Is this for Wednesday 18 March Wez? If so I'll have to ask permission from my new job before committing I'm afriad, and I don't start there for 3 weeks.

Brands is a big treck from here but I'll still come if I can :thumbs:

If you need a half way place to stop overnight I'm about 80 supra minutes away from Brands. it's 1 minute from the M4 so is on your route there if you go that way!

are most of ure trackdays timeattack? which isnt regulated as such.

i cant see how an external wasteated car could ever stay on track?

We do more track days than Time Attack I'd say, the cars need plenty of setup time plus learning the tracks. Time Attack are regulated just the same as a track day. Never had a problem with any of the Supra's because of the wastegate.

If you need a half way place to stop overnight I'm about 80 supra minutes away from Brands. it's 1 minute from the M4 so is on your route there if you go that way!

Thanks for the offer Darryl! :thumbs:

Might as well go with a Tanabe. I will be introducing my own quiet exhaust in the next month though, bit cheaper than the Tanabe as well.

I second the Tanabe, I love mine; not droney when cruising yet still enough burble/noise to excite the likes of quite reserved me without annoying the neighbours and still stay well within track noise limits.

Edited by SteveR (see edit history)

At the risk of derailling this possible Brands event, I'm very tempted by BookaTrack's Rockingham event on Sat 28th Feb:

• 1.7 mile 'National circuit' so a bit of the banked oval(!) and loads of the infield
  • £195
  • Open Pit lane
  • Noise limits of a quite generous:
    • 103dB Drive-By. Measured from track-side
    • 103dB Static. 0.5m and 45° from exhaust at ¾ maximum RPM

Single seaters not allowed.

National Circuit layout:

http://bookatrack.com/-j?circuits/circuit_rockingham.gif

"Centrally located, Rockingham is easily accessible from the A1, M1 and A14, within easy reach of London and 30 minutes from Bedford"

Rockingham Motor Speedway

Mitchell Road

Corby

Northamptonshire

NN17 5AF

Central-ish for those showing an interest, too.