The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Best Supra UK or JDM?

trinitom

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here the picture that started this and it's crazy that people can say what number it is!!

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a160/BGMRACING1111/DSCF0079.jpg

you must admit it does look like a 6 from this angle and a 4 from the other angle lol...

i heard a 6 then looked fastly at the ad and said yep its a 6 and worked out the miles it should be, but if i was told 4 i would of agreed with that too and worked out the miles with a 4 lol..

gazboy i carn't belive anyone thinks i have even tried to show the odo it's impossable even to say it's a 6 or 4 or any number in my opinion.

I 100% agree with what your saying, I once had a car discussed on a forum where I had a video of the car running and me panning the interior then back outside the car, and apparently I was "deliberately" avoiding showing certain gauges on the car as I had something to hide :rolleyes:

I then went on to pan the rest of the car and was told that there were MORE modifications on the car that I hadnt put in the ad and that I didnt know what I was selling :rolleyes: it was only once I had posted more vids and pictures showing the car had "stock parts" and perfectly working car gauges etc that people stopped typing there opinions,

It really p*ssed me off at the time as I went that extra mile by making a video showing the car in perfect order for it then to be pulled apart by "the forumz"

Like why would I bother posting a vid if I was trying to hide something? and I felt I had to prove to these dickheads with more vids/pictures that the car was perfectly fine.

the talking in the thread ended then once I posted those bits up, but no apology came from the band wagon people that posted.

sorry for the rant,lol

Agree it does look like it could be either a 6 or a 4.

All very trivial it seems. However without wishing to add insult to injury- is it not good practice to get a clear shot of the odo in a picture like that?

Nice looking car on the whole anyway.

If that was the same picture as in the original ad then I retract my comment about it looking like a 62 at the start (though it does look close it could also be 4 something).

The comment about clocking wasn't relating to your company or even that car (until today I have never heard of prodrift).

So, apologies if it caused offence, it was more to point out to a newbie that many Japanese cars brought over to the UK ARE clocked, some of the figures quoted are ridiculous when you look at the condition of them. I'm sure that in your trade you've seen this many times over and would agree that it's good practice for any potential purchases to independently verify the mileage regardless of who they're buying from (be it prodrift, or any other company)

gazboy i carn't belive anyone thinks i have even tried to show the odo it's impossable even to say it's a 6 or 4 or any number in my opinion.

That wasn't what I meant, if the odo is in the frame then imo for all aggro it can and has caused, it's worth those numbers being crystal clear. I've owned mine for four years and still had to check the 'look' of the odometer so heaven help someone who has never sat in a Supra.

There are so many a*seholes in the car trade that it tends to make people sceptical and pick holes so the good guys have to try that much harder. I don't doubt you're one of the good guys but you have picked one of the professions in which most people generally do not have a good experience and often feel like they have walked out of the showroom/workshop/parts counter with an a*sehole like a Japanese flag.

Hi,

Just wanted to say that I bought my car from Charlie (ProdriftUK). He was a massive help to me when I was first looking to buy. I would like to think that my car is a good example of the quality of cars that he sells and I would personally recommend him to anyone looking to buy.

Viv

Guest prodriftuk

Thanks for all the replies... especially Homer i accept your appologies as i can garauntee 100% that this is the original picture.

Hopefully this matter can now be put to bed as i think i have cleared my name and saved my reputation as much as i can in this situation.

BUT...... for all those that say post a picture of the odo on the adverts i dont see this helps as it doesnt prove that the mileage is genuine?? so i wouldnt want to say to "newbies" that if it says it on the odo then it is correct!! no??

So my advice would be always ask for jap auction sheet, service history ( not always available) and do an independant mileage check.. you are then as safe as you can be and you will be amazed how many will come back as incorrect due to clockers in the uk as many have said.

Cheers Prodrift

Guest dangerousandy
You wont get a VVTI Uk car.

Im getting feed up of saying this.

Uk cars look better, go faster, and smell better.............. fact

:yeahthat:

Guest prodriftuk
Looks like a trader getting too much free advertising to me.

Yeah right!! not the sort of advertising i had in mind!!

If you feel i'm getting something free of charge then have a word with Homer and he can delete this tread!!

Guest dangerousandy

Hmmmm!!! mine is pretty quick of the mark! I have owned a Z4M Coupe with it! well that was before my torque converter started slipping!! oh I wish I had waited for a TT6.......

Guest dangerousandy
Some UK cars have some dodgy looking interiors but saying that between two similar mileage cars id have the uk.

You have seen mine inside Mr Price and she is mint!!