Best Supra UK or JDM?

trinitom

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you for all your answers!

I’m going definitely to Jdm spec!

about importing I have been looking to Jm-imports to find a nice vvt-i.

but for now i have to sell my integra first, and then start searching for a nice supra !!

I have two dream cars:

1 mustang Eleanor (old model):trampoline:

2 Toyota Supra:yummy:

thank you people for your help!!:D:d:d:d

• 3 weeks later...
Guest prodriftuk
In one of the pics you can see the odo showing a 62 at the begining. There's no explaination for it apart from it being clocked, or the advert being false.

Thought i would add my piece as i seem to be being freely discussed on here!!...

Homer-Please can you tell me the exact picture you refer to as i believe you obviously have a problem with your magnifying glass as the odo reading is 43 kmh and no it has not been clocked and as you say this can be checked very easily.

i pay top money for low mileage cars in japan and i dont appreciate people slandering my company name on a public forum or in any other place!

The car i sold had full jap service history jap auction sheet and a bimta mileage cert... also please find attached the original jap auction sheet showing the 43k so unless you are a magician i suggest you get your facts correct before implying that i clock my cars......

Here's the link to ebay Homer where's the 62k?? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=300283788528&Category=18290&_trksid=p3907.m29&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D1

All i can say Homer is you've got the right name D'oh!!

Thought i would add my piece as i seem to be being freely discussed on here!!...

Homer-Please can you tell me the exact picture you refer to as i believe you obviously have a problem with your magnifying glass as the odo reading is 43 kmh and no it has not been clocked and as you say this can be checked very easily.

i pay top money for low mileage cars in japan and i dont appreciate people slandering my company name on a public forum or in any other place!

The car i sold had full jap service history jap auction sheet and a bimta mileage cert... also please find attached the original jap auction sheet showing the 43k so unless you are a magician i suggest you get your facts correct before implying that i clock my cars......

Here's the link to ebay Homer where's the 62k?? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=300283788528&Category=18290&_trksid=p3907.m29&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D1

All i can say Homer is you've got the right name D'oh!!

Welcome to the club, nice attitude you have there, I can see you going far.

On the ebay advert it showed a picture of the odo which clearly showed 62***. You'll also notice jurgen saw the same.

This is why the car drew suspision, it's said to have X miles and there's a picture of the odo showing something different.

Guest prodriftuk

i havent got a bad attitude i just feel that you are making slanderous comments about my company (which has a very good reputation on all import owners sites) without any facts to back you up. please show me this imaginary picture that shows 62*** as i know this is impossible as it does not exist.

i have been importing cars for over 10 years and actually make personal buying trips on many occasions... so believe it or not i think that qualifys me more to know what i am talking about than someone who just owns a single make of car.

i will gladly explain any picture you may be able to supply and i will happily send you the tenner through pay pal so you can satisfy your own mind with a mileage check and then we can set the record straight and perhaps an appology would be in order?? as this does not look good for me if any genuine customers come here looking for advice on buying genuine cars!

i havent got a bad attitude i just feel that you are making slanderous comments
It's not slanderous at all. It's libellous.

about my company (which has a very good reputation on all import owners sites
Make sweeping statements much?

)please show me this imaginary picture that shows 62***as i know this is impossible as it does not exist.
Not any more it doesn't, eh ;)

Guest vvtiguy

I've had both...for me its gotta be JDM.

I think the bonnet vent and those aweful horns really spoil the UK cars.

The JDM's feel lighter (i guess they must be heavier in general as the UK's had more kit than even the JDM GZ) and look more cleaner without the horns and bonnet vent adding so much detail...

I do love the cream leather interiors on the UK cars though....

The insurance thing i could never understand. I got my first supra (UK 94 Auto) when i was 19 and it cost me £800 fully comp with Lancaster. I then got a JDM 95 Manual NA a year later and it cost.....£600 fully comp.... Maybe a long time ago there was a difference in insurance....but i personally dont think it matters anymore..

Edited by vvtiguy (see edit history)

Guest prodriftuk

havent seen you on this topic before? or do you just wish to jump on the band wagon as you are bored?? i suppose you have seen this picture also???????????? which DOES NOT EXIST AND NEVER HAS!!. i feel i am perfectly within my rights to defend my working reputation which i have strived to achieve with honesty over many years... please feel free to ask about in a sweeping manner of course!!.

havent seen you on this topic before? or do you just wish to jump on the band wagon as you are bored?? i suppose you have seen this picture also???????????? which DOES NOT EXIST AND NEVER HAS!!. i feel i am perfectly within my rights to defend my working reputation which i have strived to achieve with honesty over many years... please feel free to ask about in a sweeping manner of course!!.

Calm yourself, i fear your panties may be getting in to a twist over nothing! Except your clocked cars of course :hide:

Guest prodriftuk

Calm yourself, i fear your panties may be getting in to a twist over nothing! Except your clocked cars of course :hide:

i feel i have every right to defend my self as i said before i have worked hard for my reputation and it is my livlihood at stake which could do without bad press in this economic climate... also car clocking holds a prison sentence and is classed as a major offence so i dont think i am over reacting when this is what i am being accused of.. also if this was the case i think i would have been far more likely to ignore it and hide behind the couch than draw further attention to myself by argueing my case....

it is easy for these things to be said but as i have requested please bring me hard facts to back up your comments

Wow very intelligent reply! have you ever been to Prodrift? you really aren't too far away so should make the trip down to view the cars there and their condition - then maybe you would realise that statement is way off the mark and very damning if you are trying to sell genuine cars!

I went to see this car and can confirm to all that maybe unsure of the validity of the add that the car was spot on and everything the add said was correct! mileage and all.

Charlie (ProDrift's owner) is a genuine guy and I have seen him bend over backward to make sure everything is correct with every sale so the customer is happy! Yes he has been doing this for a long time and yes he does import other makes of car and yes he does make trips to Japan to buy - so this is the kind of dealer that should be made to feel welcome here as there are fewer and fewer dealers importing good genuine cars and not just buying the scraps left over at the UK auctions. I for one wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

Hope this helps stop the vulture's circling overhead...

Edited by tigerblu (see edit history)

Guest prodriftuk
ODO lines up with the lower half of the digits.

[Marge]Hate to say it Homie...[/Marge]

Thankyou Gazboy for taking the time to try and check this out....

Homie ..:p:p:p:p:p

And thankyou Tigerblu for your comments at least some people some have a bit of sense..

I am not on here to try and cause arguments but i saw this topic and felt i had to try and defend myself..

if any one else on here was in a similar position i am sure they would have reacted the same!

i think he is right i have just doubled checked it now it does look like 6 but also like a 4..

a clearer photo would have been better and avoided this but the guy has the history to back it up so thats all good..

i dont think homer was saying you clocked cars but was just refering to as comment that most cars that come to UK are clocked..

good luck with the sale, i know the market is hard so this wont have helped you sell it..

Seems like a bit of a witch hunt here, I think even if this car did show 6x,xxx etc the guys at prodrift would have noticed when the car turned up? and would have ammended their ad or at least contacted their agent to complain about it etc ;)

when importing cars you REALLY need to find someone who has an honest agent in Japan(this is no easy task), there are tons that import that don't know the full picture of what really goes on out there, I've used an agent (has been exporting from japan for over 8 years) that I trust in the past and some of the experiences he has had during his time and still see's regularly in auction houses is quite alarming! you wouldnt believe how much of a joke it can be.

Edited by Tom (see edit history)

i think he is right i have just doubled checked it now it does look like 6 but also like a 4..

a clearer photo would have been better and avoided this but the guy has the history to back it up so thats all good..

i dont think homer was saying you clocked cars but was just refering to as comment that most cars that come to UK are clocked..

good luck with the sale, i know the market is hard so this wont have helped you sell it..

I have to agree here. Though it's a bit close to "her skirt was too short" Prodrift haven't helped themselves here and maybe next time if the ODO is in shot maybe make it very clear as a reputation built up in ten years only takes ten seconds to be shattered, even if it's foot in mouth job.

Guest prodriftuk

There's no explaination for it apart from it being clocked, or the advert being false.

thankyou for re lookin jurgen hopefully you understand my reaction as i have to disagree that Homer was making a general comment. if you re read this quote i think he was implying the car was clocked!, I wish i could have posted a picture of the odo with 43k on it but i sold the car very quick!,

gazboy i carn't belive anyone thinks i have even tried to show the odo it's impossable even to say it's a 6 or 4 or any number in my opinion.