Quiet times

Guest RONNIEZXR

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok no worries. Week before or after then?

Got an extra day off work tomorrow, so if the weather is decent again me and the lass will be taking a nice leisurely drive in the country side :-)

Will report back (about the drive).

Ok, well I made the drive this afternoon and it is one helluva route with some stunning scenery!

I reckon with a stop for some photos and pub grub along the way, it could easily take 4-5 hours.

Roads are a combination of fast straights and some nice twistys – including some very tight hairpins. Much of the route is across relatively ‘high altitude’, open moorland taking in some of the North Pennines and the roads were very quiet today ;) . All surfaces are suitable for our motors, with tarmac along the whole length being in ok to good condition. There is a bone-shaking bit through Alston up a cobbled road but it doesn’t last long…

The only potential issues would be the odd very tight corner to catch people out, no barriers on the road-side, a fairly good chance of sheep in the middle of the road and the weather over the moors can be very changeable with the clouds coming low.

If the weather is good, it’ll be a great drive out providing people are sensible and drive according to the roads and the conditions (and of course the law).

Finding spots for some great photos along the way will not be hard – finding somewhere we can all stop for stationary shots is a different matter! Depending upon final numbers, there is the odd stretch of road were a few could pull over, but given that the roads are so open the best bet would be for a few of the cars to have passengers taking pics from the window on the move.

As the date has changed now, I’ll start a new thread with all the details on.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Rays the roof

Hey everyone.

I am arranging JAE for the club this year and wanted to invite as many people from the NE as possible. It is going to be a great event and we want to get the biggest club turnout ever. The official thread is here:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=176765

I will coordinate regional convoys to meet up with each other where possible, (eg NE & Yorkshire), if I can get a local member to take responsibility for their region.

Any volunteers?? TOM??;)

Ramondo

PS You will have the chance to redeem yourselves for the very poor NE tug of war effort in 2007!! You know who you are!!

:p

Edited by Rays the roof (see edit history)

Guest Rays the roof

JAE is fully booked and is being kept away from general public awareness until nearer the time. There are already 15 car clubs and 10 traders confirmed attendance and paid...

Which route will you follow?? M1 all the way down??

Ramondo

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rays the roof
if i was to go it would be m62- m18 - then m1 mate

Usually a few from the NE and E. Scotland take similar route for convoy with you! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

thought better post something up for all of the NE peeps.

I'm meeting Jurgen @ Washington Services @ 5.30 am on Saturday the 8th August to travel to the Pod

Anyone else feel like travelling down please post here !!

Tom

Welcome to the final Bank Holiday Jap meet for the year! its been a busy year for alot of clubs and even more so for the owners of the JDM machines but why stop there. this time around NipponSquad have moved location because with the interest we could hit well over 200 JDM machines for this final meet and we need plenty of parking for it! to which id like to say we have moved to Humber Bridge Country Car Park. this place can house over 600 cars as well as the public so its a awesome location for us all, easy to get to and less hassle for folk travelling far and wide. there is a cafe which will be open on the day serving food and drink and there is also a nature park if you fancy going for a walk and taking the kids to see wildlife!

this is a family day out aswell so please remember that all children are welcome and for this i ask everyone to drive carefully, dont be showing off in anyway by driving without care, the humber bridge board will be watching on cctv camera's!

we also hope to have for the children the humberside police high powered pursuit cars, including the new and latest Mitsubishi evo 10 as well as the new high speed Lexus! and maybe, just maybe we might have a landed visit from the eye in the sky put thats currently in talks!

here are the details for you, pass them onto your friends, relatives and your Japanese car clubs!!

Date: 31st august 2009 (bank holiday monday)

Time: 12.00PM - Finish

sat nav adress: ferriby road

HU13 0JA

for street maps, road maps: home farm

ferriby road

hessle

humberside

HU13 0JA once at this location follow signs for humber bridge country car park

PLEASE NOTE IT WILL BE SIGN POSTED AROUND THE AREA TO MAKE SURE YOU FIND THE RIGHT PLACE

heres a map of the area and the location!!

if you have any questions please ask, you can email me at [email protected] or you can pm me on any of the forums you have seen this on! if the username is Nipponsquad thats me

take care and we hope to see you there...

dan