The mkiv Supra Owners Club

paint my standard alloy wheels

Guest Nizam

That doesn't work, he kind of instils a morbid fascination as you just have to know what tripe he'll post up next.

Alas, you speak to truth, he is on my ignore list but I can't help myself. I should know better but sometimes I will just say it as it comes.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Nizam

tank you from animal. but im tryin my best to learn how to respray. please some member swear at me but please don't do that again. it not nice word.

for my life on supra wanna be good job and make sure if it right thing before i start it.

thank you very much

1. Go to a Halfords.

2. Buy 6 tins of black spray paint.

3. Remove wheels from car.

4 (optional) Remove tyres from wheels. Any local tyre shop will do this for you.

5. Clean & dry wheels.

6. Read instructions on tin of paint.

7. Post stupid question about insructions on paint tin.

8. Spray wheels evenly with paint. Wait to dry and repeat as necessary. If you run out of paint, repeat steps 1 & 2.

9. Get tyres fitted at local garage.

10. Fit wheels to car.

11. Write out 100 times "I will stop posting dumb-ass questions on this forum"

Oh do f*ck off you painful pr*ck - I mean FFS, how do you breathe? I bet you have a frigging machine that does it for you because you can't be arsed to look into how to do it yourself.

It's ruddy paint, read the sh*tting tin / can... oh my mistake, we'll need to teach you how to leave the house, get to the shop, find what you want and take it to the till first won't we.

You're a PITA, please sell your Supra on another forum and annoy some other poor sods with your next purchase.

:rlol: *just spat my tea all over the keyboard*

Niz

Joking apart, you'd need a strong degreaser, you need to key the surface and remove every spec of dust or it will show through, primer, several layers of paint and rubbing down between each coat, probably some laquer/sealer too. If the temperature is too low or the humidity is wrong it will affect the drying of the paint. Unfortunately, if you wet paint it and there's any corrosion it will still come through the fresh paint, blister and flake off. You could get areas of overspary resulting in orange peel, drips or a dull patchy finish. It won't hide any kerbing, may even make it appear worse unless you want to start on that too......:search: It will also flake if you've not prepared the surface right at any of the stages.

Find someone to do it professionaly, for what its worth, or you risk ruining a full set of wheels. 30 quid a wheel for a refurb or 800 quid for a new set. up to you

L

tank you from animal. but im tryin my best to learn how to respray. please some member swear at me but please don't do that again. it not nice word.

for my life on supra wanna be good job and make sure if it right thing before i start it.

thank you very much

Remove the wheels, mask off the tyre, sand back any rough areas and if you really want, use some metal filler on any dings on the rim. Paint a couple of coats of grey primer sanding back a little after each. Apply top coat and flat off if needed, give it two or three coats until it's solid. Spray with laquer, 2 or 3 coats should be enough.

But seriously, you can get that info from using the search button (it's been posted many times already).

thank you very much

Get them powder coated would be my advice, do it right do it once :)

thank you very much

I've read alot of this guys posts now and I've come to conclusion it has to be another member on the wind up. This guy cannot be for real, no way.

Guest Nizam

ok mate, im sorry wastin of your time for usin my thread. many apologise to all member.

i know many of member's are quite good people and they expert too. my life wanna learn how to work modifyin on my car cos i alway wanna do it myself as learnin. if i give to my local garage and it might done horrible job. also if give to the garage as (if i don't know how) so in the further i won't be able to do it on my own. now i understand all fo you mates and i want to say thank for your help from all of you. i like you all and im always happy usin this website. I think im the only one who is deaf (hearing loss) from usin this mkiv forum. please forgive me if i done anything wrong on forum. thank you

ok mate, im sorry wastin of your time for usin my thread. many apologise to all member.

i know many of member's are quite good people and they expert too. my life wanna learn how to work modifyin on my car cos i alway wanna do it myself as learnin. if i give to my local garage and it might done horrible job. also if give to the garage as (if i don't know how) so in the further i won't be able to do it on my own. now i understand all fo you mates and i want to say thank for your help from all of you. i like you all and im always happy usin this website. I think im the only one who is deaf (hearing loss) from usin this mkiv forum. please forgive me if i done anything wrong on forum. thank you

Does on one else feel tight as f**k for taking the p**s? This place is here to help with questions Niz, Just need to calm down on the obvious ones ;)

Niz dude.. if you have the cash to splash then look up some of the garages that are on here.. you really cant go wrong..

i know you have a language barrier thing problem and we are the typical british - "if they don't understand- just shout louder" type LOL (well i am anyway! and proud lol) BUT, i would advise you trying a bit harder on that side!

we've all been noobs b4 and we all learnt that b4 p*ssing everyone off.. use the search.. just try and think about what you wanna do.. use the internet and the search button and if you still cant find it.. then post but explain u cant find it.. your gonna get more of this is dont stop being a pratt.!

(was the gentle enuff...i could remove certain grammatical words if ya like?)

Niz dude.. if you have the cash to splash then look up some of the garages that are on here.. you really cant go wrong..

i know you have a language barrier thing problem and we are the typical british - "if they don't understand- just shout louder" type LOL (well i am anyway! and proud lol) BUT, i would advise you trying a bit harder on that side!

we've all been noobs b4 and we all learnt that b4 p*ssing everyone off.. use the search.. just try and think about what you wanna do.. use the internet and the search button and if you still cant find it.. then post but explain u cant find it.. your gonna get more of this is dont stop being a pratt.!

(was the gentle enuff...i could remove certain grammatical words if ya like?)

Well said, I need a few of the "grammatical words" Explained to me though :(