The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pick my bumper

hoff

Which would you have  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you have

• Ridox
    • Do Luck

The do luck looks better IMO, but they're both nice. Not sure the Ridox works as well without the rest of the kit.

However with your history, the do luck is probably the worse bumper you could choose. Although they are very strong (due to the huge undertray), they clip speed humps and curb easily as the front lip sticks out much further than most bumpers.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good points Darryl:) With mine line of work I have to, very occasionally, drive to some very out the way houses down lanes. The Do Luck is more likely to catch but would probably be stronger:tempted: Though when I go to those sort of places I leave in in L and take my foot off the accelorator:D

Hoff mate the do luck is REALLY bad for catching on gradients, bumps, anything really. It stretches out a long way from the front of the car and as such it means pretty much any angle will scrape.

I do struggle from time to time with my Bomex and that is pretty high in comparisson, plus I would like to lower the supe by 20mm:rolleyes: Im starting to lean further towards the Ridox. Its a little more practical and rarer, but the Do Luck still looks the Dogs. But so does the Ridox:drown::D

I do struggle from time to time with my Bomex and that is pretty high in comparisson, plus I would like to lower the supe by 20mm:rolleyes: Im starting to lean further towards the Ridox. Its a little more practical and rarer, but the Do Luck still looks the Dogs. But so does the Ridox:drown::D

Look how low my car is mate... if it's a daily driver or you use it a lot then don't go for do luck.

Hey Adam ;)

You can go for the stock front and put a lip on, quite a few to choose from and will make it a little different without the drama :p It'll suit OEM skirts too. Most aftermarket bumpers catch tbh, depends on your ride height too. Make sure that whatever you go for matches the style of the skirts (sorry hun, can't remember what you have on already! :rolleyes:)

Horses for courses mate! :D

Lxx

I've been through 3 do-lucks now. Trust me, you don't need the hassle.

On the other hand, I think the ridox is a little too smily and I don't like the way the indictors hang. If money wasn't an issue, I'd buy the do-luck and have it modified to be slightly higher and retain the look.