The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Airbox noise (this thread means it's time to sell up)

Benyon

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i'll ask again.

If you had just bought a ferrari and joined a ferrari forum would you ask if it was a good idea to drill holes in the airbox?

No but my supra is not much of a ferrari, Anyways i will only use the drill to make holes in the spoiler for aerodynamic's.

No but my supra is not much of a ferrari, Anyways i will only use the drill to make holes in the spoiler for aerodynamic's.

Its not but its certainly not a vectra is it? What reason would you give for NOT putting holes in a ferrari air box?

I fitted a arc induction to my N/A and it is awesome sounds sweet too really hear it, well you could before i fitted a HKS silent high power exhaust to my car. de-catted and done the mainifold too now all i hear is a very loud drone, then ringing in my ears. But its fantastic at 7am when i fire her up for work hahaha.

It was actually that air box you mentioned dann that i was on about cost £300, They look good for keeping cool, but i think im just gonna take the manifold gasket off for that destruction derby sound im after.

When you have sorted the intake noise you could take the tappet shims out, that'll make an interesting sound, maybe you can kid friends into thinking it's got race cams in it? Or drain the gearbox oil, it'll sound like you have a supercharger in a week or so. Maybe drill some holes in the sill and say it's where a roll cage was fitted for "racing"? Don't go spending money on a free flow exhaust, I have a nice rusty one here, ready holed... :)

When you have sorted the intake noise you could take the tappet shims out, that'll make an interesting sound, maybe you can kid friends into thinking it's got race cams in it? Or drain the gearbox oil, it'll sound like you have a supercharger in a week or so. Maybe drill some holes in the sill and say it's where a roll cage was fitted for "racing"? Don't go spending money on a free flow exhaust, I have a nice rusty one here, ready holed... :)

Some good quick mods there Chris:d

Turbocharged engines do not have much of an induction roar due to the presence of the little fans and all the pipes and intercoolers.

It's more like a wheasey hoover sound :fart: noticed this at Le Mans as the TDI Audi's go past, makes sense when you think about it!

I'm more a pikey than a chav !

Oh dear, does it help if it makes a sucking noise? :yes:

I suppose its similar to having a blow off valve that makes a farting noise when you change gear. [GRIN][/GRIN]

:idea: If only I could persuade my wife that my snoring and farting is the side effect of some wonderful performance modification ! :kiss:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.