The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Airbox noise (this thread means it's time to sell up)

Benyon

My question is on most vauxhalls you can drill the airbox on the side facing the inner wing to get a good sound without putting an induction kit on and slowing the car down. Can this be done on supra's? Ive just bought a TOM's panel filter but i would like some more noise.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but it would drag in too much hot air i dont want that.

You can fit a sheild like many others have done. I use the apexi kit with a stock top radiator cold air feed and only time it affects me is after being stuck in traffic but only lasts a second after pulling away.

Yes but it would drag in too much hot air i dont want that.

So will drilling holes in the airbox though. The airbox is ducted with cold air feeds which will work a lot better than your holes.

It's quiet for the same reason. Why don't you look at getting a bigger exhaust instead?

Apexi with a heat shield if you want induction roar, i would figure the Supra (tt im guessing) engine bay is a somewhat hotter place than most all Vauxhall's, 2 turbo's causes a lot of heat, i would figure those holes will pull in hot air yes cooler than the otherside but still hot.

I asked a simple question that should have got a simple answer, On migweb which is vauxhall's best forum they say to do this as a cheap mod to get a better sound without losing the hp you would with a normal induction kit. As for these "funny" comments if your trying to offend me you will need to try alot harder. Sounds like a very good forum this you put up a question which requires a short simple answer, then you get people trying to make offence over the internet "the place you can call people and get away with it".

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.