The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Airbox noise (this thread means it's time to sell up)

Benyon

Okay, if I'm honest, I've been a brutal these last few days, but it is because we seem to be getting a lot of silly posts asking questions, and then when an answer is provided it is then countered with an equally profound statement and so it goes on.

Lets be honest, this was originally in tech when it all started, and drilling holes into an airbox shouldn't be in tech.

I wondered why this was in For Sale :D

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, if I'm honest, I've been a brutal these last few days, but it is because we seem to be getting a lot of silly posts asking questions, and then when an answer is provided it is then countered with an equally profound statement and so it goes on.

Lets be honest, this was originally in tech when it all started, and drilling holes into an airbox shouldn't be in tech.

But you haven't been rude,obnoxious or insulting. All you've done is pass on your opinion with a reason why. No harm in that Gav, it's what's needed sometimes especially when n00bs ask for advice, get said advice, and then doesn't accept it. Go figure!

We probably lost people, NOT necesarily good people with anything to add ;)

The club isnt that desperate for money that we need chavs!

So what do you class as a chav then. Someone who doesnt have full knowledge on a car?? thats what it sounds like your saying.

So what do you class as a chav then. Someone who doesnt have full knowledge on a car?? thats what it sounds like your saying.

Can i ask for an honest answer on the question i asked. The reason i asked the question was to help you to understand our mentality regarding the question you asked.

Nope, someone who doesnt want to do things properly because it costs too much or is too difficult, so they bodge it.

This is all to often the problem and the reason why members on here end up blowing their wallet trying to fix bodges by previous owners.

Benyon you are coming across as this sort of person. Cars like the supra need money spent on them, regardless of their value, to keep them healthy. Most of the owners on here that have owned an N/A for more than 3 years have probably spent more running the car than the actual value of it.. do the numbers.

I have an MR2 turbo, as does Rob (above) and i know for a fact that i have spent more money on the car, in the last 2 and a half years, than its actually worth. The best of it is.. nothing has went wrong with it. That was just general maintenence and the odd modification (real modification such as £130 Apexi Filter instead of holes in box). I reckon i would be doing well to get 3k for my MR2 in todays climate.

Well you may want to read this before the next time you call someone a chav http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chav

How long has Wikipedia been an accurate source?

I have an MR2 turbo, as does Rob (above) and i know for a fact that i have spent more money on the car, in the last 2 and a half years, than its actually worth. The best of it is.. nothing has went wrong with it. That was just general maintenence and the odd modification (real modification such as £130 Apexi Filter instead of holes in box). I reckon i would be doing well to get 3k for my MR2 in todays climate.

I have spent almost as much as the initial purchase cost in repairing the chav mods the previous few owners inflicted, and now its worth less than i paid, but its not about the money, its about doing it right.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.