The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Airbox noise (this thread means it's time to sell up)

Benyon

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the cam covers really necessary? Surely it would be ok as long as you carried some oil with you?

If you had a long straw you could top up the engine whilst driving along, what with the holes in the windscreen, bonnet and cam covers. Genius. Where's my black and decker?

Are the cam covers really necessary? Surely it would be ok as long as you carried some oil with you?

You could change the screen washer nozzles so that they are under the bonnet and pointing forwards, fill the bottle up with some 0w40 and when it sounds funny give it a little spray.

:innocent:

you Could Change The Screen Washer Nozzles So That They Are Under The Bonnet And Pointing Forwards, Fill The Bottle Up With Some 0w40 And When It Sounds Funny Give It A Little Spray.

:innocent:

Glol

It seems you have done this before Michael

Seriously though, you could always mount a microphone in the engine bay and play it through your 6x9's really really loud?

I Dont have 6x9's that might be a mod of a chav to some people.

Is there much point in carrying on? If any of you want to offend me then look out for me at meets instead i prefer to argu the old fashion way than over a wire.

Is there much point in carrying on? If any of you want to offend me then look out for me at meets instead i prefer to argu the old fashion way than over a wire.

By all means, come over at a meet, not to argue, but rather to discuss. I will HAPPILY say everything I have said about drilling holes in an airbox to you at a meet. Trust me, I'm not about to suddenly say to your face about how it is an excellent idea and how I and toyota were wrong.

Or was that a threat from you perhaps?

No i wont make threats over the net i just cant be arsed typing so much when i have already got the answer is no. I wouldnt want people to think i would ever go to a meet just to argue but i will stick up for myself if ever some tried taking the piss thats how i have grown up. But i dont want to give people the wrong impression that im a dick.

Pistols at dawn? :fight:

Dude, don't be so aggressive. If you ask a question on here, expect to get answers, but remember that you may not always like them.

If you ask a question regarding "bastardising" a supra with a drill in a serious technical forum then you're bound to get some sarcastic answers. If you don't like the answers you get, then don't start threatening as it's not the way to get good help if you do happen to ask a serious question.

As you can tell, you're not going to get a decent answer to this particular question, so you may as well write it off to experience and forget you ever asked it. Post a few valid questions and I'm sure you'll get helpful answers.

From my point of view i asked a simple question (sorry if it was in the wrong section) , and have been replied comments such as referring me to a chav and someone who doesn't car about my car, I can take abuse i honestly love it. But not on a forum thats just sad. Anyways i will think about my question next time i post.

From my point of view i asked a simple question (sorry if it was in the wrong section) , and have been replied comments such as referring me to a chav and someone who doesn't car about my car, I can take abuse i honestly love it. But not on a forum thats just sad. Anyways i will think about my question next time i post.

Just don't ask "I want to make my car louder, can I drill holes in the exhaust?" :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.