JDP supra 1180bhp so i hear?

JamieP

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

toyota are aware of the problems with there oil pumps it is a casting fault i have now located an old style oil pump and in the process of fitting it

Hey Les

Nice to hear the car is doing well

I had the same issue with a pump were the casting was cracked brand new from toyota

Have you looked in too the phr pump i brought one yet to run the car with it but is supposed to solve the issues with the seal

Oh remember all the seals my car had we finanlly found out what the problem was when we removed the crank there was damage to the sleeve so hopefully no more issues when the engine goes back in

hello wayne nice to hear from you to,

i brought the power house racing pump when i built the engine and that one failed first and wiped my engine out,so i had to start again,i spoke to joe in the states and emailed him,i got very little help or response from him so be careful if you are fitting one to your car mate, i done about 200 miles and it let go next time i see you i will show you the video of it

i thought the dodgy oil pumps were a myth but to see the video of three pumps all with a hair line crack in the same place makes me think differently

do you know how to stop the front seals from leaking chris i have a new crank when i built the engine the seals last about 100-200 miles befor they leak,the engine has only done 1200 miles

The oil pump in the video (which didn't play too well on my system), was it totally stock, untouched out of the box, or had anyone undoone the cap on the pressure relief valve spring housing? The crankshaft on which the seal fails, is it brand new, unground at stock size with hardly any miles on it? Is it a stock Toyota seal, unmodded in any way? Does the seal just weep, or does it tend to move in the pump housing at all?

the pump was a stock out of the box toyota pump.

the first crank was a brand new stock toyota crank,i am now running a brand new hks crank with standard size shells and the seals were all toyota unmodified,the seals dont move in there housing in the pump oil weeps past the seals,nothing has been touched sinnce the parts were made at toyota,just to let you know it has 6 bar of oil preasure when cold

hello jamie havent seen you for time,

the figures seem to vary from different people you talk to,

the car is a lot of fun but only running 1000bhp,the reliability issues are the usual oil pump cracking and keep spitting out front oil seals,apart from that it is really reliable,the car eventually will be alot bigger as i have got the hks 3.4 stroker kit which i am waiting to re house in to another block as it was bored wrong by the engineers they bored number 2 cylinder 5 thou to big,so just waiting for another block

Hey Les, yea been a while, ill pop by next time im in the area;)

Only a 1000bhp?:D jonty said it was amazing and not laggy as he thought it would be.

You may as well get some pics up for us then.

hi jamie,

johnathan loved it when we whent out in my car,he has had the same bodykit as mine fitted to his car now,it will be good to see you johnathan said you are thinking of building another supra

thanks i like it especially the colour which was i was inspired by waynes and big neals supras,

I like that colour, car is looking great! Glad we influenced you a little! Some big power and an HKS stroker on the way - serious stuff. Maybe see you at the Japshow.....