The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What makes your supra unique/rare if at all?

DamanC

You mean well done trial dont you?

In that case... I'd like to give all credit to the people at Toyota for building the original cars :) (oh yeah, and the guy who operated the spray gun, oh yes and the bloke with the air spanner, ooooh yes and the bloke who original put the engine into the donor car)

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed, heavy exterior modifications should sometimes be left to the professionals :)

ooh, didnt know you had anything against Knight-Racer, all comes out tho in the wash hey :)

In that case... I'd like to give all credit to the people at Toyota for building the original cars :) (oh yeah, and the guy who operated the spray gun, oh yes and the bloke with the air spanner, ooooh yes and the bloke who original put the engine into the donor car)

Your missing the point, if you buy a car modified to the hills already, then you cant be congratulated on its design and mod choices.

ooh, didnt know you had anything against Knight-Racer, all comes out tho in the wash hey :)

Your missing the point, if you buy a car modified to the hills already, then you cant be congratulated on its design and mod choices.

Nope, don't think I am....The car has in fact had some beyond-appearance changes done to it. Not everybody has taken their car apart like I have and rebuilt it from scratch. They have however made the choices which they have then entrusted with someone else to complete their vision. Does this mean they have had less input on the changes than perhaps someone like me who wisely/unwisely (still to be determined) decided to take on the build themselves?

Just glancing over this thread, you have had a go at people for what they have/have not done and criticized their choices... the keywords in the whole phrase is 'their choices'. People might not like yours either but I don't recall people being as rude and simply saying phrases such as

Theres a reason for that

and a lot of other "unique mods on this thread" yeah

Yes, they have reacted to your comments, but personally I can't blame them... when someone has a go for what amounts to being a very petty point regarding who did the ACTUAL work. Would you please like to highlight which parts of your car build you physically did yourself? Just curious

Nope, don't think I am....The car has in fact had some beyond-appearance changes done to it. Not everybody has taken their car apart like I have and rebuilt it from scratch. They have however made the choices which they have then entrusted with someone else to complete their vision. Does this mean they have had less input on the changes than perhaps someone like me who wisely/unwisely (still to be determined) decided to take on the build themselves?

Just glancing over this thread, you have had a go at people for what they have/have not done and criticized their choices... the keywords in the whole phrase is 'their choices'. People might not like yours either but I don't recall people being as rude and simply saying phrases such as

Yes, they have reacted to your comments, but personally I can't blame them... when someone has a go for what amounts to being a very petty point regarding who did the ACTUAL work. Would you please like to highlight which parts of your car build you physically did yourself? Just curious

Thanks for that long response but yes you are still missing the point.I'm refering to Muff mans Trial car.

But unlike yourself obviously, people can comment in anyway they see fit because it doesnt bother me. aint half touchy arnt you.. christ, do you live in a bubble?

Thanks for that long response but yes you are still missing the point.I'm refering to Muff mans Trial car.

And my first paragraph covered the fact that there has been stuff done to said vehicle above and beyond what was originally done by Trial.

But unlike yourself obviously, people can comment in anyway they see fit because it doesnt bother me. aint half touchy arnt you.. christ, do you live in a bubble?

Not touchy at all, was just wondering where the line is drawn as to what is the owner's work and what was the previous owner's work. I also believe the title of the thread is 'What makes your supra unique/rare if at all'... don't think it says 'What have YOU done to make your supra unique/rare if at all'.

And nope, I live in a house, not a bubble.

Carbon Fibre Doors:cool:

Wait until Animal comes along :D

Sorry I'm late.

Plain carbon fibre door cards and carbon fibre doors, bonnet & boot sprayed in clear red candy. Bodywork in clear red candy over gold metallic.

17" Advan Racing Ver. 2 Wheels are not very common (yes, I know it's because most people think they're poo)

This thead has turned out fantastic. Well done daman great idea.

I look forward to seeing your car completed Matt. I dread to think how many people are going to be "honest" with their opinions on the car.

As s said so many times on the forum, as long as you like it thats all that matters.

This thead has turned out fantastic. Well done daman great idea.

I look forward to seeing your car completed Matt. I dread to think how many people are going to be "honest" with their opinions on the car.

As s said so many times on the forum, as long as you like it thats all that matters.

Good post, I completely agree.