The mkiv Supra Owners Club

started to fit my bodykit

Guest craig-mkiv

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm....this thread is shocking really. Give the guy a break. Same old people slagging the same old things off. The main reason I stopped posting on here years ago!

Well good luck to you mate. When you do the paint, i'd do it under cover though or you will get dust and bits of grit in the paint and it will ruin the finish.

Ignore the miserable old gits on here! Each to their own I say.

Paul.

hmmm....this thread is shocking really. Give the guy a break. Same old people slagging the same old things off. The main reason I stopped posting on here years ago!

Well good luck to you mate. When you do the paint, i'd do it under cover though or you will get dust and bits of grit in the paint and it will ruin the finish.

Ignore the miserable old gits on here! Each to their own I say.

Paul.

Who are you again? :D How's the baby comin'?

Back on thread, how long do you think it'll be before you finish it all Craig?

Good luck to you mate, and top marks for doing it yourself, its the best way to go if you are confident, the purpose of my pic is to show the moaners and doubters that the kit is a nice one! i bet the same people would not have the balls to attempt it;)

All kits during the fitting and fettling stage don't look to pretty, i got some similar comments when i put up the pics of mine, but not so many, so we have more critics these days, so take no notice;)

One tip with regards to blending everything in, take your time and use a large sanding block, and blend it over a larger area rather than small, or it will show after you paint it.

Watching with interest, I bought the kit a couple of weeks ago. Huge respect for tackling it yourself, I would have no idea how to start so will bite the bullet and have it done by a bodyshop, talking to Knight Racer at the moment. You,ve made my mind up for me in whether to get it blended in or not. I wouldn't worry about the negative comments, its your car, the kit is different but a good look compared to some I,ve seen on here. Hope it goes well.

I think you have done a good job mate...Have not seen the kit before but the post of the white supra with the kit looks really good!..I would get a body shop to do the spraying so you get a real good finish though.

I hope it goes well mate and it nice to see some1 with a different kit on for a change. Keep posting the pics mate of your progress. Hope you prove a few ppl on here wrong with there nasty comments

Craig, I owe you apology for my post yesterday. I saw the first pics and thought you were just going to fill the holes and paint it :haha: just spotted the 2nd set of pics that show it blended, thats more like it :D

Good luck with the project, thats some undertaking!

how do you not remember my cossie kit ? the kit that kept me high for about 3 month :D

i remember that, it didnt just keep you high tho

i dint like this kit when i first saw it but now its looking good blended in

still think its wierd all being stuck on but does come up well